Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What style sprites should be used

Link to the past
- 16 (21.9%)
Minish Cap
- 17 (23.3%)
Links Awakening
- 4 (5.5%)
Custom
- 29 (39.7%)
TLOZ original
- 7 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: April 20, 2007, 01:29:55 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda TP 2D  (Read 9757 times)

Re: Zelda TP 2D
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2007, 08:24:03 pm »
Still planning an end of year release with just two team mates?
Meh you sure missed this:
Quote from: the future, 2012
Here it is! The walking demo!

XD
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 08:25:47 pm »
Yes. Um. What's this made in?
If it's GM, do you know what variables are?
Respond ^__^
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 09:12:20 pm »
if you want to get anywhere then tell me what this will do.

draw_sprite(5,32,HUDSPRITE)
speed=3
if(Keypress("D"))
{
moveleft()
}
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 09:22:59 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
ROFL!

As if the names alone don't give away what that does XD
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 09:33:20 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I laughed at  moveleft(). :P Anyways c'mon gust stop being so mean.  (hypocritically, perhaps)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37:03 pm »
If linkw204 is saying you need to rethink this, you really need to rethink this.  :P

This is patently !@#$% ridiculous.
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:08 pm »
If linkw204 is saying you need to rethink this, you really need to rethink this.  :P

Lol, sorry linkw204,but you gotta admit, it was pretty funny.
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 03:15:09 am »
TheDarkJay... BlueMonkey... kylink... Hyrule_boy... Uppy... bertfallen... Your attitudes are all despicable...

This guy has done nothing wrong. He's just enthusiastic about his project, and as a result to that he made a topic on this board. The rules state that this part of the forum is for ideas to grow, and projects to develop. He felt like he wanted to do start a new game to work on, and he has every right to do so.

Yeah, ofcourse there's a chance that he will not complete it. But that's no reason to act like an ass to him. We were all newbies, we all made topics like these when we entered the world of the interwebs for the first time. Flaming is just useless. If you want to help him, give him constructive criticism. Tell him the difficulties of game-developing instead of bashing him.

Having said that, the funny thing is that some of you think you are on the top of the world. Considering yourselves the "pro's" of game developing, calling him but a mere noob. Seriously, stop wallowing in your own glory. Take a step down and consider your position.

This forum has been online since what... 2000? Now, what did your community brought forth that gave you the right to call other people noobs? Realize this. None of the REAL projects on this board have been even close to reaching golden status. They are created with much enthusiasm, just like the one of the topic creator, but fail quickly due to lack of motivation. Some of you are oh so confident in your own success, creating big trailers and flashy sites, finding more enjoyment the creating the idea's behind Zelda games rather then developing the game itself. Being able to code an engine is nothing compared to the hardships of completing a project with a team, and actually have the willpower to keep everything steady to reach the purpose of creating a fangame. Not to have fun (though it certainly isn't a con), not to be in the spotlight, but to provide your fellow gamers with a gaming experience.

What do you think the team behind Zelda would say if they saw these projects? What would ANY professional software-developer say upon seeing the board? Would they consider the people on this board to be professionals? No. All they would see is people having fun trying to create something big. People sharing ideas and motivations and getting a sense what it feels like to be making something big, something that matters.

Now this may seem like useless flaming from my side. Who am I to say what you may or may not do in your own free time? If you're having fun, then that's all that matters right? Right. I do agree with that. I just want to make clear what this board really is. Not a meeting place for the worlds most promising game developers. Not a place where real Zelda games are born. ZFGC is a community, one to have fun together and learn to code in the progress.

Realize where you stand. Realize that this guy is just one of you. Just someone who wants to have fun making something. You are not better then him. You are not professional gaming developers. You are just another bunch of guys sharing visions.

And I don't know if this post gets deleted for "trolling". This had to be said, and I would be sad if this would be deleted. I do not have a problem with what you people are doing, in fact I encourage it. Just do not thing for a minute that you are better then any other new programmer out there (besides actual coding knowledge ofcourse). Stop treating new people like they are some sort of baby and get off your damn high horses.
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 03:24:05 am »
thats all well and nice kirby.
but alpha is not going to complete a TP2D, no one is.
it isn't a reasonable goal, it just isn't.

there's a line between discouraging and stating the truth.
and the truth is that you wont and cant finish remaking twilight princess, and you sure as hell cant do it within a year.

Faceless

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 03:40:21 am »
What's more, who would want to?
Strip away the pretty graphics and TP really doesn't hold up that well.
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:00 am »
Kirby and KingMob,
first of all,i know what in saying when i say imposable.If TP2D was a community project and all the best coders here helped,we MAY be able to get CLOSE to finishing it.
second of all,i dropped the styatus of ZFGC n00b and went to DS developer.
as for calling ourselfs pros,i can,im making a Nintendo DS game,and i know what GM can and cant do.Other can call themselfs pros for varios reasons,too.Get it through you thick skulls that im NOT a n00b,I know what im doin,and hehe....*i probably am better than you at creating games,kirby and kingmob :P*(sorry,had to say that)

as for you,alpha.Do your project,good luck if you need help,pm one of us,and im requesting a lock before everybody gets banned here. :P
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 01:47:44 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
thats all well and nice kirby.
but alpha is not going to complete a TP2D, no one is.
it isn't a reasonable goal, it just isn't.

and the truth is that you wont and cant finish remaking twilight princess, and you sure as hell cant do it within a year.

I completely agree. Kirby you should go and check posts made by those of us you called dispicable. Some replies are harsh,  but for the most part they are constructive critisism that developers welcome. This member however wasn't looking for C+C because he has and probably never will have anything to show of this project. We are simply telling him that while his intentions may be to make TP2D but he will fail. Look at TRMs OoT2D, it is considerably smaller than TP and has taken him YEARS to make OoT2D (if it is ever completed) and yet this person believes that with just 3 team members in total and little or no programming, spriting or design experience they are going to remake TP2D in under a year.

As I have previously stated, if you would care to read through this topic properly I stated that I do encourage people to challenge themselves to go that extra mile, I dont encourage people to waste their own time on something that will never bare fruition. He should start programming by making a smaller game, that'd be plausable.  This project is a wste of time and resources for him and those other two team members.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:42:53 pm by Uppy »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 03:06:50 pm »
  • .越//
there wasnt a post for long time... maybe this should be:

1. more likley into developers talk
or
2. closed and opened when he has updates to show... he could pm a mod for that or just open a new topic ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 04:10:05 pm »
  • [sic]

or
2. closed and opened when he has updates to show... he could pm a mod for that or just open a new topic ^^
Yes there was

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 04:20:25 pm »
  • .越//

or
Yes there was

didnt see it in all this spam xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 09:39:07 pm »
  • odens knop
delete this topic.Start your game.Make a demo till like dungeon 1 or something.Remake this topic and post the demo.Then MAYBE we may have a little faith in you.I meen thats what im doin with mine,but it seems that ill give in soon.A 2d-3d trans is hard work.Maybe trm was succesful because oot didnt take advantage of as much 3d crap as TP.If you dont know what i meen,play both simontaniously.Youll know what i meen.

Oh the irony...

Very well said!  :)
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:46 am »
None of the goals that are posted on this board are reasonable. Just like the OP's one.

We are simply telling him that while his intentions may be to make TP2D but he will fail. Look at TRMs OoT2D, it is considerably smaller than TP and has taken him YEARS to make OoT2D (if it is ever completed) and yet this person believes that with just 3 team members in total and little or no programming, spriting or design experience they are going to remake TP2D in under a year.

As I have previously stated, if you would care to read through this topic properly I stated that I do encourage people to challenge themselves to go that extra mile, I dont encourage people to waste their own time on something that will never bare fruition. He should start programming by making a smaller game, that'd be plausable.  This project is a wste of time and resources for him and those other two team members.

This could be said with every fangame that's being developed on this forum. You will all fail. They are all a waste of time from your perspective. It's the harsh truth. There's a reason why the credits of zelda games consist of more then 4 or 5 names. True, creating TP:2d in under a year is a (practically) impossible feat. Having 3 merely 3 people is also way too little. But the very same thing also holds up for  the rest of the games here (on a bigger scale).

Every project here that's started is already doomed to fail because of lack of preparation. Developing a project is more then beginning with an engine and just make up the rest along the way. You need a big proper team, you need group-coordination, you need very capable programmers, you need to have everything mapped out; you need so much more then most people here can offer... Simply put completing a remotely real and complete Zelda game is an impossible goal for amateur programmers. It just is not possible.

I could storm into every game-development topic in this board and give truthfull reason why it won't complete (some already hinted above). Not discouraging brambling, real reasons why there is a 99.9% chance that it will never work out (the other 0.01% reserved for a mentally distorted person who's insane enough to devote 8 years of his life to the completion of a Zelda game). Obiously I don't do this, for the same reason that some of you shouldn't have either in this topic. These type of comments are useless, discouraging, a waste of time, and will only lead to trouble.
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2007, 12:26:14 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
All we are trying to say is this dude:
Ad impossibilia nemo tenetur
"Nobody should be committed to impossible things"

If you dont like what you read then dont read this topic. the rest of these projects at least stand a remote chance of being completed. Not this one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:27:56 am by Uppy »

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2007, 02:26:47 am »
lets see..original hero of time started in may06...HOT due in may for E3..Production for DS started december....nintendo power stating that nintendo leaves production for the last 6 months,leaving all other time for planninmg and making story..

I'm doing the extreme by trying to make a Zelda DS game from scratch,and to finish it by may.story is done,gameplay techniques and all the other stuff are done.That leaves creating the rest of sprites and tiles,abd finish code by May 5.

I also have decent coding experience.A normal person who would see me,a 12 year old,finish this by may would faint of amazement.Do you know what i meen?Almost everybody here set drastic limits,which fail,and the fangame fails.

Now do you understand that this place has LITERALLY recieved the slogan"The forum with most incompete fangames in history!",well do you?

The point here is,plan,make an engine,make a good demo and THEN make a topic.With a good demo behind you,you wont get screwed like you are now by all these peeps.

May I recommend www.kousougames.com for good demos and engines?
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2007, 02:57:53 am »
That post seemed to just advertise your game, and Kousou games. >_>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 76 queries.

anything