Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumors wii's memory  (Read 1326 times)

Rumors wii's memory
« on: June 25, 2006, 06:58:37 pm »
I recently heard from many forums that the wii will have a humongous amount of memory.I believe this fairly well due to the techology of the motion sensing and controler takin alot of memory.
Re: Rumors wii's memory
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:00:31 pm »
Well the motion thing seems to be fairly simple all apart from the hardware, I mean, sending numbers of possition etc seems quite simple... then I don't know much about such things.

But you can download games from back when... so they may take some room, hence it needing large memory.. at least in the form of storage space hehe.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Ben

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:01:13 pm »
Well it's not like I produce the controller, but I would have figured that quite a lot of the calculations for what position the Wiimote is at will take place on board the Wiimote. I know this might be power consuming, but sending that raw data over the airwaves rather than just about 6 doubles makes no sense.
(Making this up :-p)

But it's gonna have low latency memory, or high :s, whichever one is faster, lol.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:02:17 pm »
i dont mean the storage memory.I mean the system memory.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 07:50:41 pm »
Why would you expect the system memory (I assume you mean RAM or VRAM) to be high because of motion sensing? That dosen't make any sense, RAM is used for storing data, the speed is determined by the CPU not the RAM, I mean all the wii remote is doing is sending around 8 64bits doubles (x,y,z,pitch,yaw,roll) for position and then several others for other details required, which would only take up like 64bits in RAM (hell if the data is stored as a local variable, it won't even been in ram it will be on the stack XD).
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Why would you expect the system memory (I assume you mean RAM or VRAM) to be high because of motion sensing? That dosen't make any sense, RAM is used for storing data, the speed is determined by the CPU not the RAM, I mean all the wii remote is doing is sending around 8 64bits doubles (x,y,z,pitch,yaw,roll) for position and then several others for other details required, which would only take up like 64bits in RAM (hell if the data is stored as a local variable, it won't even been in ram it will be on the stack XD).

tell that to the computer that my mom's old boss had...2.4 ghz processor, 256 mb ram, computer was slow as anything.  Sorry, but without a decent ammount of ram your computer will run slow no matter how fast the processor is.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 09:30:46 pm »
Wii is gonna cost 50 Euros... Now, tell everyone that you know: "I heard a rumour that Wii's gonna cost 50 Euros", don't forget to send that information to 666 millions of gaming sites, and then my rumor will be teh famous plz :)
Damn... why do people still care about rumours? I think they're ridiculous...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 09:33:17 pm »

tell that to the computer that my mom's old boss had...2.4 ghz processor, 256 mb ram, computer was slow as anything.  Sorry, but without a decent ammount of ram your computer will run slow no matter how fast the processor is.

We shall see when its out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 54 queries.

anything