Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS] Surface  (Read 61891 times)

Re: [SCREENS] Surface
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2009, 07:19:33 am »
I fixed it. In regards to whether or not the project had enough to go with when and whatnot, when its topic was first made it didn't have enough screenshots for the Other WIP board. It later accumulated at least 4 screenshots which would then be enough for the project to be moved there. Because of its classification [Screens] all it needed was one or two screenshots a month (the rules are kind of lenient with this) after that and it'd be fine.

Once there gets to be a certain amount of screenshots, a project can be classified as [Screens] without the required monthly updates. It's just a measure to ensure that projects like that have progress rather than stall out and pollute the board. Additionally, if there is at least a demo or trailer (which shows interactive progress) then the project can be reclassified. The mentality is that projects with a trailer or demo have sufficient progress enough to be on the board.

* 4Sword goes back to working on the Project of the Month and Community Project on his computer.
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2009, 07:34:58 am »
Whoops, wrong board ;p
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Working on the player item system now. I'll hopefully have at least a couple of weapons coded in within the next couple of days. Probably only 2 though. The weapons require planning on a deeper level than the rest of the stuff have for the sake of flow-of-play.

Unlike games like Cave Story or Metroid, you don't just *obtain* weapons by finding them, but instead you obtain them in the same way you would in Megaman, so I need to plan the weapons around the bosses.

This is also going to be developed in tandem with the other collision types.

From there, I'll start working on my game controller, which will track player information. Once that's done I can start adding damage and such to the player.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2010, 07:14:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay; no pic update this time, but I'm still working on the item system. It's taken a bit longer than I had initially expected (planning), but I think I've got it down now. My base Gun type is just about finished, I just have to add images to it. So far the general structure is simple and expandable, so I can probably pump out quite a few. ATM I'm figuring out how I want to handle the players assignment of guns. Once I get all of that worked out I'll have a screenshot. Might be tonight, but don't hold me to it.

I've also fixed up the camera a little bit. No more odd delay when the player walks :P

Edit: Screenshot added :p

I don't have any projectiles for it yet, and I need to sync up the animations, but yeah.

Edit2:

I've added a fade system for room transitions.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbgdLB_9ak" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbgdLB_9ak</a>

Edit3:

Added a new fade option.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d84xfXI1pQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d84xfXI1pQ</a>
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:24:18 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »
This looks like a fun little project to work on. Good job thus far Mamo. :)
Looks like it'll be fun to play, too. :P

Fade lewks kewl. :D

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2010, 04:31:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
It's gettin there anyway :P

I was working on some more things I had intended on finishing tonight, but I accidentally left my external HDD at home :(

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2010, 05:42:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Another update-

I'm actually backtracking again to rework the player controls. I actually think it'd be best if I finish that before I move on to the next step for the sake of not losing track of my progress.

I have decided to fully integrate the impulse system, and add better physics to the player. This means rewriting most of the player code and centralizing collision detection. It's really not that bad of a task; I've almost finished already. Just gotta work out some more bugs :P... I'm not entirely satisfied with how the movement is in the previous videos, but already the changes I have made work wonders on that. I should have a vid up soon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:55:55 am by Mamoruanime »

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:09 am »
  • Idk
I think the first example of the fade is the one that works best overall.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think the first example of the fade is the one that works best overall.

Really? I wasn't too terribly impressed with how that one turned out after looking at it a bit XD

I was thinking about doing another fade type too later on as well just to have a variety.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2010, 12:43:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay well; I've successfully migrated the collision code and swapped out movement systems to work on impulses. There are still some collision issues with this, but they should be worked out very soon.

I'm going to finish up the player weapon system, and other various character related things. I'll hopefully have a screen for everyone soon :P

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:36 am »
  • The Hunter
This game mostly reminds me of Megaman. A lot of old looking Megaman games... I luv those <3

Anyways... this game is looking pretty promising, I really like the fading sequence! Keep up the good work Mammy!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2010, 05:11:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Not really any major updates the past couple of days due to work schedule and busy home stuff, however I have been doing some tweaks.

I've rewritten a lot of the player code, so that works a lot more fluidly. I'm having to backtrack a lot to finish up some other things like the actual design portion of the room editor, and I'll be writing some more collision code as well. Fun fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah; gun stuff is almost done too :P I've also started working on the first boss area's tileset too.

EDIT 2: I got the gun working :P

EDIT 3: I'm having issues uploading the new update video :x My internet isn't stable enough to keep it going.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:50:40 pm by Mamoruanime »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well; I made quite a bit of progress last night with physics and some other stuff, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Unfortunately, since I couldn't upload that vid you guys have no clue what stuff I needed to have progress on regarding physics :p

Anyway, also due to the fact that I can't upload a vid, here's a less intriguing screenshot of the weapon being used, and a little bit of the particle system going off :P
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:37 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
As far as I can tell from the screen shot, the shooting looks nice. I hope you can get a video up of the shooting and physics soon though. What's up with your internet being unstable? :-\
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:16 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
What's up with your internet being unstable? :-\

Neighbors have comcast and a wireless router, therefor they're stuck in the internet spoofing crap that I had issues with months ago :P You go to activate your service, and it keeps going back to the activation page. So yeah; can't leech off of them anymore. Using my phone for net now, but it wont stay connected for more than 10 minutes at a time before it redials :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:40 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay! Good news everyone :D

My neighbors fixed their interwebz, so now I can upload the new stuff!

Some collisions are still awkward since the new movement system switch, but I'm hitting them one at a time.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzyGJjOHrA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzyGJjOHrA</a>

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2010, 10:49:45 pm »
  • The Hunter

Nice work! Can't wait to play. Nice physics. Yeah, as you said only thing that seems a problem here are the collisions.
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2010, 03:20:36 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

^ Pic says it all.

I like the animation of the player when he walks with the gun. This is reminding me more and more of Cave Story and Megaman all the time (not so much Metroid just yet)!

Good progress; looking forward to your next update (well, as long as the update has pics and or video :P).

Oh, and yay for internetz fix! ^_^
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 08:48:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah it seems to be running pretty stable now (the internet :P) so w00t.

I still need to work on a lot of scattered things yet, especially the rest of the map editor. I'm in the process of finishing the input system so I can go ahead with the data input aspect of the editor. Then perhaps I can add object placement from there. I know progress is pretty random in terms of what I work on at any given time, but that comes with having so much to get done with having so little time to do it <_<;;

On a side note- This is now officially the longest I've worked on a project solo without breaking to hit another project :p

That makes this 2 major things- my largest Blitz game, and my first 3 month solo project :P

Now my longest running team project has to be NaviBlast, which has been going on for 5 years now :P

EDIT: Input system is done. Now I'm just applying it to the menu system.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:46:40 am by Mamoruanime »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 12:09:40 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
A new screen up for y'all!

Nothing much really; just implemented the hud. Mucho gracias to Windy for some math helpz!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 73 queries.