Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generations of Chaos: Rebirth of the Pheonix  (Read 1257 times)

Generations of Chaos: Rebirth of the Pheonix
« on: November 19, 2006, 04:34:18 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
It's a tentative title, but I have the story line and gameplay mechanics all mapped out in my mind. The only problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to code or sprite. Anyway, here's the overview:

~Story Synopsis~

The game takes place far into the future where there was a recent (about 50 years ago) collapse of a super government that had united the entire world under one rule. It fell apart due to the "rebirth" of magic, for it could not combat the unknown threats that magical powers produced. So, in the time that the actual story takes place the world is in chaos. The most sovereign type of states exist as massive cities. People within the cities are basically cut off from most of the outside world because of all this. Oh yeah, and there's the remnants of the super government, called the Crimson Armada, and they're trying to reunite all the cities and stuff by "Join or be destroyed" tactics.

So anyway, onto the main character's story. His name is Geido and he was orphaned when he was really young. The soon-to-be leader of the city state, Sojuro, found him and realised his already uncanny ability to control flames. So, Sojuro trained him to be a warrior, a politician, and a gentleman. Then, something arises that screws everything up. They recover a downed Crimson Armada science vessel and in it there's a bunch of dead scientist, a peculiar sword, and an even more peculiar body of some weird creature. That's when the crazy crap starts to happen. So, Sojuro becomes demon possessed, and Geido does as well and follows Sojuro's every whim for he is the somewhat of the more powerful demon figurehead. So then Geido does a bunch of stuff that he will regret until some mystery person comes by, seals the demon, and gives him 3 days to train and utilize the power of the demon without losing his human consciousness in order to defeat Sojuro and continue to repent for what he had done.

And that's only the beginning, or it could just be the first chapter and one game altogether, I still don't know.

~Game Play~

I don't know exactly how to describe the mechanics. It will be played from a top down perspective, but it will also be actiony. I would want to compare it to DBZ: Adventures (or whatever the heck that gameboy game was called) but I really never played that game, just watched someone play it. There would be a bunch of flame oriented spells that you can assign to keys, and there will also be a bunch of weapons from swords to guns and everything in between. When you kill a guard, I want to be able to have Geido pick up his weapon and use it until it outlived it's usefulness where he can then toss it asside.

~Features~

-Demon mode! w00t! A raging, destructive form that Geido takes on where he can utilize nearly unlimited ammounts of fire energy. However, the demon wihtin him cannot weild flames as expertly as himself, therefore there are a limited ammount of spells/fire attacks. However limited, though, they are effective, brutal, and strong. Part of the gameplay will be based around expertly chosing to switch between demon and Geido.

-Lots of weapons. I want to have Geido initially decked out with a sword and a high calibur pistol (one that's specifically designed so that he can use it in conjunction with his fire magic). From there he can pick up guns that guards drop, stuff that he just finds lying around (I want a flaming shovel, just for fun), and boss's weapons (Those he can permantly keep though, unlike the guards' weapons where you just toss them to the side after you're done with them).

-A good story line, one that is emersive and well thought out, and full of twists that leave for OMG moments.

-I would like to implement multiple characters, but that might have to wait depending upon whether that whole one scenario I wrote out is the whole game, or if it's just the beginning.

-The spells and abilities will be off the wall. I want to incorporate dead body possession into the game, where Geido can ressurect a dead soldier and use him to infiltrate bases and stuff (Geido's part necromancer, but he doesn't realise that until later on).

-There will be creative scenarios. For example, there's this one time where Geido will go completely demon and slay an entire city single handedly, with tanks, countless soldiers, and everyone trying to stop him. One massive power trip!

-Vehicles would be fun to mess around with, but right now they're not a big part of the gameplay mechanics I have in mind. If they're easy enough to implement it'd be awesome.

-I want to have epic battle scenes mixed in with close-quarters run throughs, so it has a little of everything.

And probably more that I can't come up with right now...

Wow, that's a lot. Feedback would be highly appreciated  ;) .  (Actually, I'm not really considering to even attempt to get a team together until I get enough feedback...)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:51:55 pm by SilverShadowX »

GUILTY GEAR RULES!!! I AM AWESOME!!! WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIG?
Re: Generations of Chaos: Rebirth of the Pheonix
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:21:25 pm »
Wow, that's really really cool, great story, great features... But, it's kinda hard to make it :\
Good luck :)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 05:27:16 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
Wow, that's really really cool, great story, great features... But, it's kinda hard to make it :\
Good luck :)

Yeah, the difficulty that comes with making such a game has probably been the biggest reason that I decided to put it off for so long. If anyone remembers from a long time ago I was going to have it called Neo Razier, wherein the biggest problem lied within robots that could use magic. But they're not the biggest problem now, and there still will be a raziers (robots that can use magic), and even a neo razier (A robot that utilize magic to the fullest extent because it is given extremely complex AI that can mimic human minds, and it can also rewire all raziers in a certain radius to do its bidding). The only thing is that they're not the biggest problem any more after I had put some more time into working out the entire story line. (I also wanted to make it a fighter, ERRRG, what was I thinking?)

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 05:33:19 pm »
By the way, just a sugestion, if I'm not mistaken, you want to make it sorta of a side-scroller, well, there's a SNES game by Squaresoft, Front Mission who has great robot sprites...
Just thought that may help...
One more time, good luck with it ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 05:42:44 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
Actually, I wanted to make it from a top down perspective, kind of like zelda, but much more action oriented. And I'll look into frontmission for the sprites, thx.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 45 queries.