Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Triforce Tactics (Now with small demo thing with 3 levels!!!)  (Read 7019 times)

Dark Xion

Triforce Tactics (Now with small demo thing with...
« on: December 05, 2006, 01:34:37 am »
So here's a game I amde that is basically a combo between Zelda and Final Fantasy Tactics, lots of updates still coming, so download often.

Also I have added the story so read it and tell me what you think.

K, here's the quick demo thing, tell me what u think

www.angelgaming.com/Games/mini/Triforce%20Tactics.exe

use the left mouse to select units (well, just link right now) once a unit is selected left click it again to bring up an options menu for it, from there you can attack and move, once you are done with your turn, right click to bring up the options and end your turn, try it out, tell me what you think of what little I have thus far

Story
If you had to cast the blame for all the loss of life that was to follow on any
one being, it would have to be on Ganon's closest seer and right hand Vaati, maybe if Vaati hadn't misread his visions that morning everyone might still be
alive, but then again, if he hadn't, Ganon might be the ruler
today.

Once long ago there was a boy born in the desert, when this boy grew up
he united the people of the desert and challenged the greatest evil there
was, in the end, the evil was sealed away and the hero's wife died, but
not before she gave birth to a daughter. After this, the hero stepped to
rule his newly united people.

While he ruled he learned of a legend that stated that a new hero
matching his description would be reborn every 100-years, however the
hero was worried that his people would lose their unity if he was not
there to rule them, so instead he found a way to make his life immortal.
The gods learned of this and knew they had to kill the hero, for once the
next hero was born their life-force would be connected, meaning if one
died, they both would, and then there would be no stopping the hero.

So the gods raged epic battle against this Hero of the Sands for many
years, eventually the gods destroyed the hero's entire kingdom. The
battle raged on, and then, while the battle was at it's climax, a child was
born, and the fighting was over.

Meanwhile in the midst of all this fighting, the great evil escaped and
raised a small army of his own, then one day his seer Vaati had a vision,
a vision that Ganon would one day grow unstopably powerful, that one
day he would have a human form and rule all the people of the desert,
and that one day a boy who lived by himself in the forest would bring this
entire empire crashing down. What Ganon nor Vaati knew is that this
wouldn't happen for hundreds of years, but nonetheless, thinking he
would one day rule, and in fear of being stopped, he sent his armies out
to find this boy.

SCREENIES!!!

New map level select system (will be in next release)

New Party member managment system (will be in next release)

The first level, seems easy enough

Hunting enemies in the castle, second level

Out-manned and out-gunned in the third level

STUFF I NEED
I need attacking sprites in all four directions of this guy here, as well as walking sprites in the northern direction and southern one as well for him with the weapon -

Or, if it would be easier, I need attacking sprites in all four directions of this guy -

Also, I have some minish cap map areas, but I am gonna need a site that will give me all of them or some four swords areas as well, however I do not need any minish cap areas where u are in minish form

ZELDA MINISH CAP AREA BG'S I NEED
HYRULE TOWN
HYRULE CASTLE GARDEN
EASTERN HILLS

MT. CRENEL
ROYAL VALLEY
VIEL FALLS
CLOUD TOPS
LON LON RANCH
NORTH HYRULE FIELD
TRILBY HIGHLANDS
MT. CRENEL'S BASE
CASTOR WILDS
WIND RUINS
WESTERN WOODS
MINISH WOODS
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:23:26 pm by Dark Xion »
Re: Triforce Tactics (Just an idea, need more)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:21:09 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
Dude, I came up with an idea like that but I have no coding knowledge whatsoever. If you want to take my story, units, and gameplay ideas than go ahead. Plus if you want anything else along those lines I'll help out  8)

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=11150.0

GUILTY GEAR RULES!!! I AM AWESOME!!! WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIG?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:10:44 am »
  • Back again.
I might help out. Did you get your FE style Link form Spriter's Resource? Cause I found it and animated the Triforce Smash. Looks really smooth 8)
Just kinda moseying along.

Dark Xion

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 05:59:30 am »
yeah I did get it from TSR lol, and hey thanks Silver, I am gonna use like all those ideas for units you had in there lol, I didn't think of putting any of those guys in there, I will also modify ever so slightly your idea for the whole each unit is a diff part of the triforce thing in an interesting manner, anyways, I threw this together with my engine real fast, try it out, this is what it will prob look like, but I will need more FE style graphics if I am going to do it that way, i could always just use different attacking sprites from within the game instwead, I also need certain other map sprites as well. anyways here it is, a quick test, you cant fight anything yet though.

www.angelgaming.com/Games/mini/Triforce%20Tactics.exe

use the left mouse to select units (well, just link right now) and move them, once you are done with your turn, right click to bring up the ooptions and end your turn, try it out, tell me what you think of what little I have thus far
Re: Triforce Tactics (Now with small demo thing,...
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:48:42 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
The movement system is great! Everything looks good so far, can't wait for the battle sequences. Just a suggestion, though, but would it possible to implement the battle system then add in the "zoom in" feature later. For instance, in Fire Emblem you can turn off the intense animated sequences and just watch the little units stab eachother. I think it would be a lot easier to start off with because you wouldn't need all the battle sprites and animations right away, and you could give people a better feeling of how the battles will be played out without having to have everything completely done.

I don't know if you can start out that way and impliment the zoomed in battle later on with ease, but if you can then go for it.

Dark Xion

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:05:21 pm »
The movement system is great! Everything looks good so far, can't wait for the battle sequences. Just a suggestion, though, but would it possible to implement the battle system then add in the "zoom in" feature later. For instance, in Fire Emblem you can turn off the intense animated sequences and just watch the little units stab eachother. I think it would be a lot easier to start off with because you wouldn't need all the battle sprites and animations right away, and you could give people a better feeling of how the battles will be played out without having to have everything completely done.

I don't know if you can start out that way and impliment the zoomed in battle later on with ease, but if you can then go for it.

Lol, actually that's what I was planning on doing, was just making it like Final fantasy tactics style almost as far as battles go for now, then maybe I'll add fire emblem looking sequences later, then again maybe I wont add them, all depends, but I am gonna add them right now though, anyways glad you liked it so far, give me maybe an hour to get the battle system working right and I'll put it up here.

Dark Xion

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 10:44:21 pm »
There we go, I added a battle system, the controls are ever so slightly different now, when u select a unit, click on him again to bring up a menu for him, then you can use attacks or move, the engine isnt perfect yet, enemies will walk on eachother and stuff like that, but its a good start I think, anyways try out the update and tell me what you all think of it, it's the same download link as before btw.
Re: Triforce Tactics (Now with small demo thing ...
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:54:42 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
You know what? The way you have it layed out now gives it a really cool 2D zelda feel. To tell the truth, I don't think zoomed in battle would matter that much (It would still pwn, but it's not like its needed) if you keep up with the map battle animations. I'm actually kind of excited to see more units and stats, good luck and nice job so far!

Dark Xion

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 04:46:11 am »
You know what? The way you have it layed out now gives it a really cool 2D zelda feel. To tell the truth, I don't think zoomed in battle would matter that much (It would still pwn, but it's not like its needed) if you keep up with the map battle animations. I'm actually kind of excited to see more units and stats, good luck and nice job so far!

Dude, you totally read my mind, I like it this way without zoomed in battle way more, plus that means les pass-by-reference variables I have to use  ;D. anyways thx man im glad u like it, I am gonna dd much more, I even have a story planned out and everything lol, anyways there are things I need to continue working on this, like I need a spriter to make attacking sprites in all four directions of this sprite here http://thespritersresource.net/nintendo/zelda/mc/mc_guard.png

I will put a list of things I need in the first post, thx for the reviews and more updates are coming :)
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:46 pm »
  • Back again.
Xion, did you get my PM? If so, tell me what you think.

Oh, I liked the demo a lot. Only one real bug I found. You can move on top of enemy units.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 01:40:46 pm by jackofalltrades »
Just kinda moseying along.

Dark Xion

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:46 pm »
Xion, did you get my PM? If so, tell me what you think.

Oh, I liked the demo a lot. Only one real bug I found. You can move on top of enemy units.

Hey yeah I got it, I like that story alot, I am gonna use parts of it (well actually most of it) cause I already have some lesser form of a story, because in the game, it is all of Hyrule fighting Gannon, and in some battles link might not even be there (still uncertain) but that one you sent me was very good so i am gonna use most of it, nd thx glad you liked the game, and yeah I know about the untis thing, I am working on fixing that, it's kinda hard because I used the same functions in some places where I should of used different ones lol, but I am always working on it, and new major updates should be out today or tomarrow, and always redownload when you can because I am always putting little minor bug fixes and stuff up. Anyways thats all for now, thx for the reviews and more updates coming soon.

O, also, in order for more further upates to come through I need that sprite request I put in the first post so if anyone knows any spriters please send them my way lol
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 05:42:10 am »
  • علي
Yeah any help you need at all I will do for you
علي
  • alirazaq.com
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 06:33:40 am »
  • :3
why dont you use advance wars style for the over world ????
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 08:06:58 am »
I like how it's going so far, there's a nice engine...
Just a suggestion, make the camera return to Link after Octorok's turn.
Anyways, the game looks promising, and I both like the actual style (good luck getting the soldiers to work) and Deku_Stick's suggestion - Advance Wars are relatively very easy to edit...

Dark Xion

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 09:14:42 pm »
I like how it's going so far, there's a nice engine...
Just a suggestion, make the camera return to Link after Octorok's turn.
Anyways, the game looks promising, and I both like the actual style (good luck getting the soldiers to work) and Deku_Stick's suggestion - Advance Wars are relatively very easy to edit...

thx glad you like it, and yeah I am gonna make the camera return to whatever the head unit is when the enemy turn ends, also, I don't think I am going to make the sprites advance wars style simply because I like the way the gameplay sets up with these graphics so I kinda want to keep them as they are (simply because I have decided I am not going to make the battles fire emblem style, otherwise I would switch).

Anyways I am hoping to develop some sort of save system today, as well as develop a new type of enemy or two, give Link some new attacks, make a new ally unit (probably the guards, I will just not use an attacking animation until Meteos finishes them) and implement the story and a new level (if I do the new level today it is going to be a big one because the next level as like 3 parts to it). Anyways anything I dont finish today will be done by monday most indefinitely, I hope to actually have two new levels by monday and a title screen, anyways thx for the reviews, glad to have all your guys' help, and keep downloading and looking for those updates
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 03:33:25 pm »
Anyways I am hoping to develop some sort of save system today, as well as develop a new type of enemy or two, give Link some new attacks
Nice to know that you're planning lots of ideas into your game...
By the way, when I read that you would give Link some new attacks I wondered if you are gonna do something like a level system, will you? :)
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »
That......... was a freakin sweet demo! I love tactics games! Seriously, I was just playing Disgaea like a half hour ago XD Also, IMO Final Fantasy Tactics style owns Fire Emblem style. Keep up the good work!!!

Dark Xion

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 07:00:05 pm »
Anyways I am hoping to develop some sort of save system today, as well as develop a new type of enemy or two, give Link some new attacks
Nice to know that you're planning lots of ideas into your game...
By the way, when I read that you would give Link some new attacks I wondered if you are gonna do something like a level system, will you? :)

I am glad you asked, I was actually hoping to develop something interesting for that, I think rather than have a straight up leveling system, you will instead get like better equipment for your guys which will increase their stats, i am also gonna make some sort of like party thing and like secret characters that you can get on your party and such, I am not sure if I am gonna make it so new attacks come with the weapons or like if you will get something else to get them, I know certain ones you will simply have to have the item required to do them to have them (like the boomerang or the bow).

O and glad you liked it as well Soulja, I am going to make the new enemy right now, the hardest part to him is aking a melee enemy AI, although keep in mind one thing, progress this weekend might go just a little slower than expected because me and my girlfriend are real sick this weekend but there will still be some updates and I still hope to get alot of what I said done. Anyways thx for the good reviews, keep them coming lol, and now I'm off to go make that new enemy.

Dark Xion

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 12:28:48 am »
Sry to double post but I put up a new update, it has a new type of enemy, next I am gonna do the next level, the intro, and the save system, sry that took so long but I am still feeling rather ill, but I am just gonna sit and work on this for the next few hours and prob most of the night and tomarrow so I hope to get alot done. I also posted the story for the game up in the first post so check it out, anyways, it's back to the grind for me, I will be posting tiny updates without posting replies for them so download often, anyways, thx for playing and im off to make more.

edit:

K i have two new levels now and a new type of enemy as well as a new type of ally unit, he doesn't have an attacking animation yet so he just flickers right now but bear with me here, anyways I am going to sleep, I'll do more in the morning. Try out the updates, tell me what u think
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:10:35 am by Dark Xion »
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 03:49:46 pm »
New demo is great but needs a lot of polish (Especially a text engine :X)

Also.....
Story
If you had to cast the blame for all the loss of life that was to follow on any
one being, it would have to be on Gannon's closest seer and right hand Vaati, maybe if Vaati hadn't misread his visions that morning everyone might still be
alive, but then again, if he hadn't, Gannon might be the ruler
today.

Once long ago there was a boy born in the desert, when this boy grew up
he united the people of the desert and challenged the greatest evil there
was, in the end, the evil was sealed away and the hero's wife died, but
not before she gave birth to a daughter. After this, the hero stepped to
rule his newly united people.

While he ruled he learned of a legend that stated that a new hero
matching his description would be reborn every 100-years, however the
hero was worried that his people would lose their unity if he was not
there to rule them, so instead he found a way to make his life immortal.
The gods learned of this and knew they had to kill the hero, for once the
next hero was born their life-force would be connected, meaning if one
died, they both would, and then there would be no stopping the hero.

So the gods raged epic battle against this Hero of the Sands for many
years, eventually the gods destroyed the hero's entire kingdom. The
battle raged on, and then, while the battle was at it's climax, a child was
born, and the fighting was over.

Meanwhile in the midst of all this fighting, the great evil escaped and
raised a small army of his own, then one day his seer Vaati had a vision,
a vision that Gannon would one day grow unstopably powerful, that one
day he would have a human form and rule all the people of the desert,
and that one day a boy who lived by himself in the forest would bring this
entire empire crashing down. What Gannon nor Vaati knew is that this
wouldn't happen for hundreds of years, but nonetheless, thinking he
would one day rule, and in fear of being stopped, he sent his armies out
to find this boy.
GANNON-BANNED :lol:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 78 queries.

anything