Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? (SPOILERS)  (Read 9795 times)

Re: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? (SPOILE...
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 12:54:45 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Except that it's terrible and the plot falls apart when you think about it.

Then don't think about it and enjoy the friggin' movie. XD (I'll watch the video as soon as I can)

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 01:56:37 am »
Swiftu, you hate almost everything. You're extremely jaded.
Fact.

Like, you're a funny ass guy at times, but you do basicaly hate the majority of everything.
but I <3 you.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 02:26:57 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
I just have one question:
Why was that plastic skull stuffed with tin foil?

As for my self, sure action movies don't have to be realistic, but I like them to be believable, even if it takes a solid stretch of the imagination.
Show content
Surviving a NUCLEAR !@#$% EXPLOSION in a !@#$% FRIDGE cannot be believed no matter how big a stretch of the imagination you take. If he was within even miles of the nuke, his atoms would be split apart, if he was in the explosion radius, the fridge would be reduced to ash and the heat would cook him to death. If he somehow survived and stepped out of the fridge immediately, his hair would have fallen off and his teeth fallen out in minutes from the radiation <_<. It just was a stretch too far for me to make.

Show content
The aliens, I could have took if they didn't focus the whole thing on them and psychic powers and such to such an extreme. The other ones were pretty much Indiana fighting Nazi's until they found the artefact that suddenly showed supernatural powers. This was just too focuses on them rarely

Also,
Show content
WTF happened to the women at the end? She turned into pixies or something and floated away for no apparent reason. WTF was up with that?

Finally, At the end,
Show content
at the wedding
was I the only one expecting Indy to look up at the sky and see Sean Connery's face in the clouds or there
Show content
in the wedding
as a ghost something ridiculous like that?
Show content
It wasn't for no apparent reason. She wanted to know everything that the aliens knew so they took her with them in their universe or whatever to show her, I guess.

It was a pretty decent movie, but nothing amazing.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 06:33:28 am »

Hate almost everything? lol. You're just making that assumption since you rarely see me post about stuff I like.

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:59 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Show content
It wasn't for no apparent reason. She wanted to know everything that the aliens knew so they took her with them in their universe or whatever to show her, I guess.

Show content
But the other guys just got sucked up into the portal thing screaming, why did they turn her into pixies instead? I mean, if she slowly floated through the portal I guess that would have made sense, but being turned into pixies...didn't.

Also, the film was like the star wars films ep 1-3, too much CGI, and too obvious CGI. The trees didn't even LOOK real and the background at one point looked pixilated <_< Don't even get me started on the monkeys.

I think Sohmer at http://www.lfgcomic.com/ summed up my feelings here:
This past weekend, as we people tend to do, I was there for the midnight showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I walked in there with the mindset of a wide eyed 6 year old about to see Temple of Doom, yet I walked out as a jaded 29 year old wondering why they still let Uwe Boll make movies. Fancy wording aside, suffice it to say I was less than pleased.

The biggest issue I had was with the script. To say it was lacking would be a disservice to films that are actually lacking. There were a ridiculous amount of absolutely prepostourous moments that completely took me out of the movie and made me wonder how they shot out a script by Frank Darabont for this. I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, but for those of you who have, you know which moments I speak of.

Another related issue was the lack of witty one-liners, which should have been a pre-requisite for this character. Don't get me wrong, Ford looked just as comfortable in the part as he ever has, but the words coming out of his mouth were not what I was expecting, except for the beginning scene which has already been ruined for you in the trailer.

The last, yet equally glaring issue I have with this film, is the use of CGI. It is horrific and out of place. Coming from ILM, the company that invented special effects, I was more than a little disappointed. I kept waiting for Jar Jar to poke his head out of a gopher hole.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:40:37 am by TheDarkJay »

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 11:49:54 am »
  • b e p i s

Hate almost everything? lol. You're just making that assumption since you rarely see me post about stuff I like.

Well, yeah, I am. While I'm at it, I can also assume you copy almost everything I DO hear you say you like from /v/.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 12:12:22 pm »
[quote link=topic=27529.msg306698#msg306698 date=1211974679]
I kept waiting for Jar Jar to poke his head out of a gopher hole.
[/quote]

DO WANT. XD

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
They is only one way of saving the series now:
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2008, 02:11:13 pm »
They is only one way of saving the series now:

That would be awesome. But if anyone lays eyes on the Cthulhu they go instantly insane :P

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 02:26:43 pm »

Well, yeah, I am. While I'm at it, I can also assume you copy almost everything I DO hear you say you like from /v/.

I don't even go to 4chan anymore. (I haven't been there for several months). NGG is way better.

And this is hilarious coming from someone who says things like "RAAAAAAAAGGGGGE", a meme that was blatantly ripped off from /v/.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 03:45:18 pm »
  • b e p i s

I don't even go to 4chan anymore. (I haven't been there for several months). NGG is way better.

And this is hilarious coming from someone who says things like "RAAAAAAAAGGGGGE", a meme that was blatantly ripped off from /v/.

Okay, so you haven't been there in months. /v/ hasn't changed much. They're still cynical, biased, and angry.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 04:15:06 pm »
Movie was farfetched, but I liked it.

I didn't think he used his whip enough though.
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 01:32:36 am »
Oh God, yeah... WTF HAPPENED to his whip?! It like disappeared after the first ten minutes of the movie! O_O I guess the nuclear bomb burned it. :( But the whip is invincible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!11one

(No really, the whip is what makes Indiana Jones... Indiana Jones.)

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 05:30:36 pm »
  • Back again.
Those ants !@#$% scared me.

The only thing in a movie that's actually SCARED me since I was six.
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:32 pm »
Wanna be more scared? Those ants do kinda exist. I doubt they can eat a person in only a few seconds, though... Probably take like... 10 minutes, maybe? They live somewhere in South America, I think... They became so bad that they were on the news a little while ago...

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:22 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Wanna be more scared? Those ants do kinda exist. I doubt they can eat a person in only a few seconds, though... Probably take like... 10 minutes, maybe? They live somewhere in South America, I think... They became so bad that they were on the news a little while ago...

Pics/Source or it didn't happen.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 10:25:30 pm »
Those ants !@#$% scared me.

The only thing in a movie that's actually SCARED me since I was six.

You'd !@#$% yourself if you ever watched Raiders.
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:15 pm »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Indie looked so much better in 'Raiders' and the girl XD.

I guess we can't stay young forever huh?

I enjoyed the humor and nothing from any of the movies has freaked me out, but was it too much humour for an Indie film? I mean, the scene with those monkeys, the son just fits right in with them, somehow makes his way back to the chase? Oh well, all for the non-stop action I guess.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 12:09:55 am »

Pics/Source or it didn't happen.

I'd have to turn back time to a day I don't remember. :( You could try looking it up on the internet... You may find it. I have clue as to the species name (except that they're ants).

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 04:48:32 am »
Saw this lastnight. What a steaming pile of !@#$%. The aliens ruined everything. I went and bought the original trilogy today just to watch some Indy that doesn't suck.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 78 queries.