Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submit a request(small, please)!  (Read 3538 times)

Submit a request(small, please)!
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:54:38 am »
I get bored a lot, and to keep off the boredom I like to pixel... the problem is I rarely can come up with ideas or motivation. So here's the deal, you can request some small things and I can try to get them done. There are no rules, but I'd like for you to request a few things:

1) Graphics are hard work. I don't want to make a game for you, I just want to do small things here and there when I'm bored. So try to keep it as small as possible. I won't be doing whole sprite sheets. If possible, I'd like to keep it down to small tiles, icons, HUD elements and such.
2) This is not a job. Don't expect anything to get done, don't bug me asking when something will be done, or if I'm even doing it. Post something, and keep track of the topic to see if I finish it.
3) The more information, the better! I'm not very good with concept and design, so the more you can lead me, the better off you'll be. Pictures or references make it even better!
4) Please let me know the "game" it is meant for. I'm a stickler for details, and I'd like to match the style of the game. Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and the gameboy games all have very different styles and specifications I need to match to make the additions look "authentic."

So there you have it. If you have questions, let me know.

A good request, for example, would be: "A 2d rendition of Navi for my Ocarina of Time remake in the style of Link to the Past."

Another example: "There are no Link to the Past equivalent graphics for the statues in front of Tail Cave from Link's Awakening. Could you convert them to match LttP's style? Here's the picture of them: IMAGE"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:45:17 pm by Dusty »
Re: Submit a request(small, please)!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 06:22:51 am »
Nice! Very well. I've got a request or 50 for you.
In the attachment you'll find the background for the first dungeon In my game. On the right side of the lower half is a pedestal. I'm looking for three edits on that pedestal as a result from impacts from above.

1. Having one (or several) small crack(s) in it.
2. Having several severe cracks in it.
3. It being fully shattered. There is just debris left which you may or may not be able to walk through. I'll leave that up to you, though I personally favor the second.

As you can see: it's alttp style.
The game in which it will eventually be used can be found here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33701.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:30:59 am by Martijn dh »
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:31:40 am »
Nice! Very well. I've got a request or 50 for you.
In the attachment you'll find the background for the first dungeon In my game. On the right side of the lower half is a pedestal. I'm looking for three edits on that pedestal as a result from impacts from above.

1. Having one (or several) small crack(s) in it.
2. Having several severe cracks in it.
3. It being fully shattered. There is just debris left which you may or may not be able to walk through. I'll leave that up to you, though I personally favor the second.

As you can see: it's alttp style.
The game in which it will eventually be used can be found here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33701.0
Hmm, could you just post the pedestal alone? I'm having a hard time determining which one is the pedestal(I think only half the image loaded for me, I'm not sure).
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:38:11 am »
Okay, no problem.
Below is the pedestal as a standalone.
I've also attached the statue that is normally standing on it as a seperate sprite. And an (old) screenshot of the two combined. Maybe you'll find that usefull.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 04:38:37 pm »
Okay, no problem.
Below is the pedestal as a standalone.
I've also attached the statue that is normally standing on it as a seperate sprite. And an (old) screenshot of the two combined. Maybe you'll find that usefull.

Ah. Well here you are:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:59 pm »
Yes, thank you. That will work very nicely.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 05:37:35 pm »
Holy crap dusty those are awesome! Nicely done!
  • Phoenix Heart

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Oh man, I love it when skilled pixel artists join ZFGC :3

That pedestal looks amazing dude!
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:17:39 am »
ok I've got one also... I need two item icons in the style of Spirit Tracks' item icons. Example: The two items i need are the odd mushroom and a candle. The angle of the candle should be the same as the mushroom.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 02:23:11 am »
ok I've got one also... I need two item icons in the style of Spirit Tracks' item icons. Example: The two items i need are the odd mushroom and a candle. The angle of the candle should be the same as the mushroom.

Sure, but one more request, as I had no luck. Can you post all the item sprites? The more I have, the better I can make my icons match. I couldn't find any rips.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 03:01:21 am »
whew. took a while for me to find. full collection screen ripped by Mirby. items are at the bottom.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 03:03:00 am »
whew. took a while for me to find. full collection screen ripped by Mirby. items are at the bottom.

Hmm, doesn't seem like the palettes are correct, but I'll just work with them and you can adjust the colors later, I suppose. Thanks :)
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 03:44:38 am »

This is all I could come up with:

Like I said, the colors are messed up though. If you find a rip with more accurate colors let me know and I can fix them up.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:23 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I HAVE FINALLY MET A MAN IN EVERY WAY MY EQUAL... >:[ You are the "JIM: The guy with a giant magnet" to my "ROM: Spaceknight"
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »
Dude! those are awsome, you inspired me to make pixel art again.
Thank god that i kept an account on Pixel joint  :P
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 07:14:20 pm »
Thanks so much Dusty, they look amazing! The only thing that I can find that needs to be fixed is adding the handle to the candle. I really appreciate you making these, and if you ever need something to pixel, I have more icons that need to be done ::) But these are lovely, thank you~
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 06:10:00 am »

It's a Starman from Earthbound. I'd love to see an HD version of this sprite, and I know you can do it :P

Not for any project in particular, though if I had enough skill or talent to make Earthbound HD I would. Just something neato for you to do if you wish.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 03:00:38 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
These are great, man! (Yeah, I know I'm late. I was intarwebless for two weeks).

Also, glad to see someone's liking my rips.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:07 pm »
Okay, I've got two more ;) First is the raccoon from links awakening(first pose the only one necessary) in the style of this sheet:
Second is this rupee as a Spirit Tracks style icon, but in a gold color(same angle as the previous ones):
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:57:35 pm by ZoSo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 76 queries.