Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's planning to get Windows Vista at the end of this month?  (Read 3020 times)

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
Who's planning to get Windows Vista at the end o...
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:23:31 pm »
  • ...Is it recording?
Title. I might get it, if I can get enough money. I'll bet anything it's gonna be expensive as hell.
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3
Re: Who's planning to get Windows Vista at the e...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:50:08 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
You might wanna spend your money on something else. It'll be full of bugs once it is released to the public, you'd better wait until they have released one or two service packs. Windows XP will remain to be supported by new software for quite some time anyway.
My name is Pitt

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:53:43 pm »
  • hungry..
I considered it due to my XP crapping out on me. (it's my mum's version, but because she has auto updates she's done the genuine check thing, which means I can no longer do windows update :(
  • My Blog

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:08:07 pm »
  • .越//
I considered it due to my XP crapping out on me. (it's my mum's version, but because she has auto updates she's done the genuine check thing, which means I can no longer do windows update :(

that sucks... but anyway... i dont get vista... im using the rc1 and i dont like it... and NOT FOR THIS PRICE! the windows packages are expensive up to unpayable and i dont see it why i should pay a price of 100€+ and not 0-100€ for something that is almost not changed... and the smallest pakage isnt even better looking because it just has the "classic" windows look like win98

edit: and i dont like the performance that vista needs -.- its a os, not a game, it shouldnt need much ram

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:10:51 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I'd get it maybe a year or two after it's released, that way I can get a stable version with a couple of service packs. Besides, XP has served me well, so I'm sticking with it for a while longer.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:16:42 pm »
  • srsly, <3
I'm sticking with XP. I don't want to spend more money on another OS, as I just got XP two or three years ago, and its working fine.
avvy made by: TheBlackMarket
  • my site
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 11:43:12 pm »
  • IBV
I don't plan to buy it, EVER! (Unless they for some unlikely reason release it, and all their products, under the GPL, and then i would only give it a thought)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:41:22 am »
I'd get Vista for Halo2 and Crysis, plus the nice style. But, the memory hog is unfrickinbelievable. Maybe I could have 2 HDD's and boot off either... one with XP one with Vista.
the a o d c
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 02:10:55 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Tiger now. Leopard later. Macs FTW.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:19 am »
Oh Moldorma, you and your Macism. You know Vista copied about all of the features of OSX (?) There was a video about it, it was funny.
the a o d c
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 07:35:53 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Unless it's free, you'd be a fool to buy it so soon. Even then, you probably shouldn't take a free version either. Once it's released, there are going to be a ton of bugs and security holes which, thanks to the beta, can be exploited. Wait a bit until there are some fixes.

Regardless, I'm somewhat against Vista because anyone I've ever spoken to that's installed it had to wipe their drive. One of them is a genius when it comes to software and even he found that the thing made his computer unusuable unless he reformatted. I'm sticking with XP for as long as possible.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 08:47:29 am »
There will be a Vista2XP mod as soon after a while anyway. There are some now, but they suck.
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 10:19:44 am »
  • Huzzowee!
By "Vista2XP", do you mean just a theme sort of thing? Or a more complete shell add-on that gives some functionality?

Which reminds me: I like the theme I have now... damned if I'm losing it to Vista!
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 10:41:42 am »
Heavy Theme...

Shell add-on, wow, thatd be interesting. Hopefully it DOES happen.
the a o d c

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:05 am »
  • .越//
The glass theme of vista with transparency and all looks good.. but you need more than 512mb ram for it... the 3d task changing is good too... but you have just an extra button for it... alt+tab makes it like in old days... strg+alt+entf (ctrl+alt+del) makes a security window where you have to click on task manager, just like in xp, but you have no longer the chance to open the manager directly. If you push you "off button" on the pc, it shows first a windows, asking you if you really want to shutdown because programs are running. Every freaking program thats "downloading files, write files on hd ( like saving things or installing things )" need to have admin open, if you havent open it with admin, then it shows an error because it cant write, when you open as an admin then you have "open as admin, yes no window" then a "continue button" and then it maybe opens, example:

WoW Update, you start game, loading the updater, the updater opens, loads ( after a firewall message ) and when it is ready installing, then an error message: unable to write file, you have to go an open the updater directly as admin to patch the game

dont buy it... it freaking sucks more than it has things that rules

like the new speech program, its really good and easy to use.

and ms finnally thought that a few good looking screensavers and desktop backgrounds are for good use
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:32:56 am by yue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Dejay

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:52 pm »
I might COUGHDOWNLOADCOUGH it, when I'm sure it runs all my Proggys, Game Maker, MapleStory and such. ;D

tippz

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 12:41:20 pm »
I'll probably get a compatible computer when I get a laptop for college... not at the end of the month though...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 12:54:47 pm »
  • .越//
I might COUGHDOWNLOADCOUGH it, when I'm sure it runs all my Proggys, Game Maker, MapleStory and such. ;D

well... the only problem you will have will be that you cant get updates i think... and i think thats the only suffering i will get when the beta isnt for use anymore

edit: WTF?! i just looked into the userprofiles and the profile itself has an incredible size.... ( note: i have then yen symbol and not the "/" there because i need for non unicode stuff the japanese pakage for my japanese games, like Ys6 )

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:27:54 pm by yue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 09:33:14 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Oh Moldorma, you and your Macism. You know Vista copied about all of the features of OSX (?) There was a video about it, it was funny.

How about Spaces? Time Machine? Dashboard? When Windows has comparable alternatives to those that look and perform just as well, get back to me. ;)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 04:50:04 am »

How about Spaces? Time Machine? Dashboard? When Windows has comparable alternatives to those that look and perform just as well, get back to me. ;)
I umm.. oh =(.

well... the only problem you will have will be that you cant get updates i think... and i think thats the only suffering i will get when the beta isnt for use anymore

edit: WTF?! i just looked into the userprofiles and the profile itself has an incredible size.... ( note: i have then yen symbol and not the "/" there because i need for non unicode stuff the japanese pakage for my japanese games, like Ys6 )

HOLY CRAP! Big HHDs will be needed for sure =(
the a o d c
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 77 queries.

anything