Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ask an Englishman  (Read 3464 times)

Re: Ask an Englishman
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 02:21:45 pm »
  • I knew it!
I've asked around without an answer, so tell me: what the hell are crumpets?

Crumpets are a kind of bread thingy which are round and have holes in them. Taste nice toasted with butter on top :)
Dude... those things are GOOOOOD

I've had them before.
  • Yay!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 12:07:14 pm »
Not sure if this counts as gravedigging, but I didn't felt like creating a new topic for it would be the best thing to do, so:
Does the Royal Mail system works during weekends?
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 12:25:35 pm »
Not sure if this counts as gravedigging, but I didn't felt like creating a new topic for it would be the best thing to do, so:

Well, not on Sundays.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 05:14:18 pm »

Well, not on Sundays.
Great, thank you. :)
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 07:22:58 pm »
1. How does the £ system works? I used to know when I was a kid, but I forgot.
2. Which coins and notes do you have?
3. I had a feeling that the situation when England could have been banned from Euro 2004 (before the quarter-finals, for grave material damage, I even heard about a pregnant woman who lost her baby when mugged) didn't reach your media? Did you came to know about that?
4. What's your favorite football club?
5. In which part of England is Wimbledon?
6. Are there more favorite-holiday-destination of English than South of Portugal? There are seriously, lots of tourists from the British Isles.
7. Was a bit curious, how are chavs in England?
8. Do English history books mention any kind of break of an alliance with other country on 1890?

1) Um, what do you mean? It's our currency. Great Britain Pounds, Pound Sterling, etc. - a British pound is about fifty American cents, approximately.
2) Coins are 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2, £5; and notes are: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100, £500
3) What's Euro 2004 D:?
4) Dundee United.
5) I have no idea.
6) Holland is actually surprisingly popular for Brits. It's a big surprise for me, at least ...
7) I dunno about England, but in Scotland (well, we call them neds, actually <_<;), they dominate the lands. There are four neds to every non-ned.
8) I never heard about that, but as #zfgc knows, I am terrible at history.

Um, I'm Scottish, just thought I'd help answer some questions, because my fad topic got locked :D
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 03:21:15 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
6. Yeah, the south of Portugal isn't that popular. Cornwall, Blackpool, the Lake District, France, Italy, the Canary Islands and Florida are all very popular.

Strange... I haven't seen Europeans around Florida... Just alot of South American *coughillegalcough* immigrants. (I was joking with the coughing... Some of them aren't...)

1. WE spell this correctly, Your language is a heavily mutated version of ours.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Americans don't really think American English is mutilated or anything, but given the fact that British English is older... Something that has me confused though is... Which one of us adds a comma before and when listing three or more items? (ex: This, that, and them & This, that and them)

BTW, do you guys (meaning British) still use 'thou' and 'thy'? I mean, at least in special, formal ceremonies?

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 10:33:18 am »
  • Fendez Coder
lol no we don't use thou and thy. Only time we'd use that is when we're saying something melodramatically.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 02:29:33 pm »
... nope, not unless overdramatizing something, like Confused said. However, I am holding a campaign to put the words naught and yonder back into common use.
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 08:05:36 pm »
6. Yeah, the south of Portugal isn't that popular. Cornwall, Blackpool, the Lake District, France, Italy, the Canary Islands and Florida are all very popular.

Strange... I haven't seen Europeans around Florida... Just alot of South American *coughillegalcough* immigrants. (I was joking with the coughing... Some of them aren't...)

1. WE spell this correctly, Your language is a heavily mutated version of ours.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Americans don't really think American English is mutilated or anything, but given the fact that British English is older... Something that has me confused though is... Which one of us adds a comma before and when listing three or more items? (ex: This, that, and them & This, that and them)

BTW, do you guys (meaning British) still use 'thou' and 'thy'? I mean, at least in special, formal ceremonies?

no, Thats 'ye Olde English'

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 03:14:45 am »
... nope, not unless overdramatizing something, like Confused said. However, I am holding a campaign to put the words naught and yonder back into common use.
Don't forget heed, and the tolkien style usage of 'save'.

Crumpets are like pancakes but slightly more savoury with a slightly more rubbery texture and large pores spread throughout.
They are both somehow drier and more moist than pancakes; Try them to understand.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 54 queries.