Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Oot 2d  (Read 3290 times)

Zelda Oot 2d
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:01:28 pm »
Gather the Power of the Seven Sages and Seal Ganondorf in the Dark World Forever.

As a young boy, Link is tricked by Ganondorf, the King of the Gerudo Thieves. The evil human uses Link to gain access to the Sacred Realm, where he places his tainted hands on Triforce and transforms the beautiful Hyrulean landscape into a barren wasteland. Link is determined to fix the problems he helped to create, so with the help of Rauru he travels through time gathering the powers of the Seven Sages

LOOK AT ALL THOSE HEART CONTAINERS( AND PIECES OF HEART )!!!

For those of you who already played DEMOS 0.1, get ready to be surprised!
This is the biggest update yet! EVER!

FEATURES
20 hearts( including Pieces of Heart and Heart Containers) + fairy fountain 6
Sword
Shield
2 Usable items( Boomerang and Bombs)
Grass with random spawn
Deku Babas( the plant Enemies you see in the screenshots) All items work on them!
Very Improved Collision and Movement
Fully Working Magic Bar( Starts Out Empty)

Controls
Arrow keys -> Move
Q,W,E keys-> Equip items in Menu / Use items in Overworld
Enter key-> Open / Close Menu
A Key-> Use Kokiri Sword
S key-> Use Deku Shield
D Key-> Acton Button (The BIG BLUE BUTTON) also called the A button

DOWNLOADS
FILE:             .ZIP file
ZIP contents: .EXE

Mirror 2:

Mirror 3:
Just in case
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:07:01 am by ahmio »

Re: Zelda Oot 2d
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:33:00 am »
  • Minalien
Screenshots are a requirement for the WIP boards.

Also, after playing this demo, I have to say

Get some other projects under your belt, don't waste your time with "OOT2D," and PLEASE have some quality on your demo, as well as more information the next time you decide to post about this.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:50:34 am »
after playing your demo i have to agree with Minalien create your own zelda game before you try and make something has big and complicated as ocarina of time
Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 02:30:01 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Umm...yes, agree with everyone above me. You can't just jump into a major developmental project, such as recreating a 3D game into a different style without a little bit more knowledge in the ways of game making.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 05:48:14 am »
Dude, please make something else. I normally like OOT2d games but too many pass through and don't come out. It's not worth it.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 05:55:16 am »
Everyone please verify this isn't a virus, i really don't trust some exe from a guy that just registered

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:00:23 am »
FISSURE, other people have claimed to have played the demo in this topic, thus they were not affected by anything malicious; I would download it myself, but the GM5 icon steers me away from such action and my computer is already disorganized as it is.  I would possibly reconsider if I had screenshots to base my thoughts on.  Not to mention, I do not want to go through the hassle of figuring out the actual URL or the download link; easier to just click.

Razz

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:03:28 am »

If you're gonna attempt such a huge project at least put some effort into it
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 06:10:59 am »
FISSURE, other people have claimed to have played the demo in this topic, thus they were not affected by anything malicious; I would download it myself, but the GM5 icon steers me away from such action and my computer is already disorganized as it is.  I would possibly reconsider if I had screenshots to base my thoughts on.  Not to mention, I do not want to go through the hassle of figuring out the actual URL or the download link; easier to just click.

Indeed, that's true.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 06:43:19 am »
Is this seriously made in GM5?

As for the demo. Not that great all in all. You probably would be better off making an original Zelda game, or a completely original game all together, then to make OoT2D. Many (in)competent developers around here have tried, but none have actually shown any true results of making the game. Besides, 3D will never translate into 2D well.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 06:45:01 am »
Is this seriously made in GM5?

As for the demo. Not that great all in all. You probably would be better off making an original Zelda game, or a completely original game all together, then to make OoT2D. Many (in)competent developers around here have tried, but none have actually shown any true results of making the game. Besides, 3D will never translate into 2D well.

Except for Final Fantasy 7 XD
  • Phoenix Heart

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 06:47:15 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Ahh... FF72D.. Who was working on that again? I want to say it was DJVenom, but I'm not sure. I'll ask in the chat in a little bit.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:48 am »
Ahh... FF72D.. Who was working on that again? I want to say it was DJVenom, but I'm not sure. I'll ask in the chat in a little bit.

It was DJ

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:45 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Thought so, wasn't sure though. Thanks, FISSURE

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:37:39 am »
This got to be the worst OOT2d demo I´ve ever played! Badly tiled, horrible collision, 2 boulders wtf?, Buggy equipment screen. I can go on forever... The amount of effort you've put in this project, can be seen by looking at your topic.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 07:39:25 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
This got to be the worst OOT2d demo I´ve ever played! Badly tiled, horrible collision, 2 boulders wtf?, Buggy equipment screen. I can go on forever... The amount of effort you've put in this project, can be seen by looking at your topic.
Check please, OoT game, down the toilet!  As much as it pains me to say, but, do something original, I highly doubt someone like you can (Keyword, "Can") make it far into translating a fully 3D "Successful" game, and demote it into a 2D game, the idea of another OoT2D, i'm just going to flush it down.  Sorry for trolling, but, I've had enough of these pathetic fangames.  >:(

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 10:33:57 pm »
I don't know why anyone still wants any of the OOT2D spotlight, TRM and dampe !@#$% allover any fans they might have had

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 08:20:44 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I don't know why anyone still wants any of the OOT2D spotlight, TRM and dampe !@#$% allover any fans they might have had

Quotes like this are why I love you.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 08:39:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I personally don't want to expect another OoT2d to show up <_<... However, I do encourage you to take on any project you desire as a learning experience, or something fun to do on the side...

However, if you do by some random chance develop a following; make sure you plan your project out properly, and pass the torch on to someone else if you feel you cannot complete your project. Make sure you document your source well too <_<
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 09:05:15 am »
He doesn't ever actually say hes MAKING an OOT2d game, just that hes made an engine. It could just be that, and engine...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 77 queries.