Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Genesis  (Read 2895 times)

[Completed] Genesis
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »
http://www.a10.com/game/Genesis.html?feature=search
Note: Some people have experienced problems in browsers such as safari, im not sure whats causing this, but I have heard it is a problem with how safari loads flash. I am trying to fix this so if you want to play the game try and play it on a pc with firefox or explorer until I resolve it. If the game lags you may need to change the quality or toggle sounds. You can do this from the game screen.

If you enjoyed this game and wish for there to be more, please leave a donation. It will go to future projects development. It doesn't matter if its one cent or 10 dollars. Any amount helps.

Make A Donation Here:
https://www.paypal.com/cg i-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclic k&hosted_button_id=6LL23R AM4ARV6

Genesis Part I

Its been seven years since Damien has lost his wife at the hands of an unknown man wearing a gray hoody. While living every day racked with guilt he spends every second of his life completely devoted to Project Genesis. Its the only thing that he believes that will make his life worth living and give him the chance he needs to finally give something back to the world. He also believes that it may be the only thing that will help him move on with his life and stop living in grief.

Genesis was put together by altering existing virus's with the hope to increase certain peoples strength, speed and reaction time. Something that he believes if it had been around when his wife was taken from him that she could have been saved.

The virus has now entered its final stage of development and requires human testing. Of course feeling its his responsibility and only right, Damien reluctantly volunteers for the project. Little does he know that once the virus enters his veins it will change his life forever, and give him the chance to finally change everything. Whether if it is for the better or worse.

WASD or Arrows = Move
Mouse = Aim or Look
Space = Stop Time

Click the menu to pause or un-pause the game. While in the menu, you can equip items. During play, click them to use them.

Credits-
Artist, Programmer, and Sound Effects By: Matt Vile

Voice Overs
Damien- John Lavapie
Doc Lee- Justin Williams
Guard1- Justin Williams

Please leave reviews!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:31:04 am by 4Sword »

• The Untold Legacy

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Genesis
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:58:02 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Very nice :D

I actually played for a little while. Pretty nifty concept :D
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:31:07 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hey, that was lots of fun! However, there was some kind of problem where it started lagging terribly after I had to play through a part multiple times. I think you've got some kind of problem freeing up memory maybe? Either that, or my antivirus program was wiggin out and was trying to block the game.

Anyway, during the lag, I ended up getting stuck in a table and I had to quit. D:

Oh, it seemed that it began to lag only when I stopped time, but it would get fast again once the time started up again. Very strange.
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:57:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I had the same thing happen to me in the third or fourth room of that particular level--- it started lagging super bad, and I was able to walk right through the wall :p
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:59:33 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I noticed that Firefox started using up an entire core of my CPU (which RARELY happens btw). When I closed the game, it went back down to using the usual 10-20ish%.

For me, it didn't matter what level I was at. Once it started lagging, it just seemed to get worse and worse. It begins to happen constantly, but it's always 10 times worse when I stop time. It's gotta be something in your code (but I have no clue when it comes to flash). Hope you can fix it.

I'm not usually a fan of flash games, but this one is definitely worth playing. I might go as far as to say that this is the best flash game I've ever played. I never could get enough of stopping time, unloading the led, then sitting back to wait for time to begin again so I could watch multiple guys bite the dust all at once. Very satisfying. XD
  • My Music
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:55:36 am »
Yes I noticed that lag starts on the escape level. Im not sure what the problem is but im fairly positive that somewhere I made an error with coding the enemies. But all the other levels run fine and it works once I die and restart. Maybe a change of quality settings may help you guys.

• The Untold Legacy

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:58 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
That actually ended up making the problem worse :P Which makes sense though,  because if the quality's lower, it can run through each frame quicker, meaning whatever leak's causing the lag is able to run faster :P
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 06:37:44 am »
I dont think its the enemies. I made a test doc and had 50 of them walking around with no lag. Its probably something simple I overlooked and now I cant find it.

• The Untold Legacy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 51 queries.