Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recruiting people for the Celestial Clock  (Read 11797 times)

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
Re: Recruiting people for the Celestial Clock
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
(For the short version, skip down to the second to last paragraph)

I remember the Temple of Ancients... here's my view on this.

Dungeon seems unique, but cliche. The whole clock and Zodiac thing is perfect as is. However, my problem comes with floor 3. Mini dungeons of each dungeon is lame in itself as an idea. What gets worse than that is having to refight bosses that you already beat right before you... fight a boss. Which likely has multiple forms. This has been seen in too many Zelda games and non Zelda games.

Example of mini dungeons...
Majora's Mask (moon children)
OoT (Ganon's Castle)
Wind Waker (Ganon's Castle) even had the boss refights.

Examples of Boss refights...
Twilight princess (Zant)
WW (ganon's stuff)

Example of multi form bosses...
Just kidding, all but Skyward sword pretty much did that.

What I'm getting at is try something less cliche, no one likes to fight all the bosses that they beat ages ago. If I were you I would do something that involves mastery of your items.

For instance, a series of rooms that requires you to use a single item to progress to the next one. Whether it's a matter of skill or timing I dunno, but it would be something fresh for Zelda. Use dungeon items in an entirely new setting. Testing your memory instead of cloning a past experience. If combat is a serious must, then each room could have a miniboss corresponding to a specific item as well.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The only things duplicated in the dungeon are the Boss Refight areas, but even then it's only the layout.
The mini-dungeons are completely different layouts and have the main theme of the area(Celestial clock).

The place where it shows the doors to the temple bosses, you go through the door and enter a with the doors respected boss.

This is a quick explaination of what we have sofar and may change.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:54:31 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 03:21:18 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I was thinking on reducing his HP on 50%.

EDIT: also, in OoT, in Ganon's Castle, that was NOTHING compared with this.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:25:34 pm by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 08:44:49 am »
Blaze as I said with my answer to your PM earlier. The game is a community effort. Thus posting your current work is fine. Other members of the community can make suggestions which you can then adapt into the final design. It is a community project and community input is encouraged. There is no need for secretcy and make a spectacular contribution.

I have to agree with Kienamaru. Fighting previous bosses in the final dungeon is not much fun, especially because the accepted friendly NPC Seare also offers a boss rush mini-game afterwards. However making some singular tough enemies to fight like bosses is a good idea. You could perhaps make some additional boss characters or miniboss characters special o this dungeon. For example the these characters can refer to the main races in the game, for example: Sykes (for the Hylians), a giant mad scrub (for the deku), twinrova (for the gerudo's).

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Blaze as I said with my answer to your PM earlier. The game is a community effort. Thus posting your current work is fine. Other members of the community can make suggestions which you can then adapt into the final design. It is a community project and community input is encouraged. There is no need for secretcy and make a spectacular contribution.

I have to agree with Kienamaru. Fighting previous bosses in the final dungeon is not much fun, especially because the accepted friendly NPC Seare also offers a boss rush mini-game afterwards. However making some singular tough enemies to fight like bosses is a good idea. You could perhaps make some additional boss characters or miniboss characters special o this dungeon. For example the these characters can refer to the main races in the game, for example: Sykes (for the Hylians), a giant mad scrub (for the deku), twinrova (for the gerudo's).

I agree with Niek. Shadow, Blaze, you two don't seem to be accepting any input given to you in this thread. Kienamaru said something with quite an amount of depth and you disregarded what he said completely. Please consider everyone's opinion.

I happen to agree with Kienamaru and Niek: fighting previous bosses is a huge pain and I never liked doing it in videogames.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Sorry, we were just trying to show what we had and how did we think it. What we need the most are the puzzles for the 24 mini-little-tiny-dungeons.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...

I agree with Niek. Shadow, Blaze, you two don't seem to be accepting any input given to you in this thread. Kienamaru said something with quite an amount of depth and you disregarded what he said completely. Please consider everyone's opinion.

I happen to agree with Kienamaru and Niek: fighting previous bosses is a huge pain and I never liked doing it in videogames.
I've changed my response to a quick expaination of what we have so far, I don't mind change.
I appologise for if it seemed like I didn't like the input or if it seemed like I didn't want the design to change.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:58:35 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 48 queries.