Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unamed elder Scrolls like game, anyone?  (Read 1062 times)

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
Unamed elder Scrolls like game, anyone?
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:55:15 pm »
Hello Mr. Community!
For some time now, I've been wanting to make a "The Elder Scrolls" like game. To be more exact, a Oblivion type game.
What stops me, you say? Skill. I've got no programming skills at all, which is why I usually use Zelda Classic for my games.
I am, however, a skilled map maker and story-writer.

See, my idea, is making a game that works exactly like Oblivion, but everything else should be new, and it wouldn't even take place in the Elder Scrolls universe.

So, what I'd need, is a skilled programmer, that has played Oblivion. I guess we'd be using whatever program the programmer wants to, as long as it's easy enough to make maps with it.
I don't know GameMaker too well, but I'm willing to learn, as long as it doesen't involve any scripting on my side, cause I really just can't do that. Let's not discuss why I can't, and instead talk about my request/idea.

I can take care of graphics and mapmaking, along with storywriting. Sure, if you enjoy doing these things, I won't say no to you helping in on that too.
Now, the idea I've got, is:
There is no "real" main quest line. You, the player, have the world at your feet. You start off, able to go almost anywhere, getting quests from people, exploring caves and dungeons, hunting animals... other "everyday life" of an adventurer.
Like, if you come across an abandoned mansion, you can enter and grab the treasures you may find, along with looking for clues on WHY it's abandoned, by reading books and notes etc.
It should also be in top down Zelda perspective, obviously.
I guess I could work with 3D mapmaking, but you know, it's not a must... but I WOULD like to try that out sometime, so if you want to do this (and if you can), I'm all open for it.

So, basically, the main story, would be whatever you make it.
You make your own objective... whether it's completing all the quests available, hunting for the biggest treasures in the world, collecting the best weapons, becoming the wealthiest man in the land and so on.

So, does anyone want to be in on this project?
Remember, you have to be skilled with a program like gamemaker.
It's also a BIG plus if you've played Oblivion, or even any of the Elder Scrolls titles.

Here's a map that I've made, using ZC though. If you want, we could use these graphics, but I'm open for other graphics aswell.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2343/migomotm2il6.gif

-Migo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:58:39 pm by Migokalle »
  • www.questcom.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 40 queries.