Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243232 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #500 on: May 07, 2010, 07:27:26 am »
Here's a good look at how far I've come with this sprite already.

I plan on finishing it up tomorrow, so everyone keep your eyes peeled on this thread.

(how the hell do you peel your eyes!? Who the eff made that phrase?!)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:33:51 am by Master Yoshi »

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #501 on: May 07, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
It's in reference to the phrase "Peeling back your eyelids" ;P

EDIT: When did i get past a thousand posts o.0
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #502 on: May 07, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »
EDIT: When did i get past a thousand posts o.0
About 37 posts back, so start searching your post history.

Which would be this one incidentally  :P
http://cgi.ebay.com/Trigram-Y-Sharped-Screwdriver-Tool-for-DS-Lite-and-Wii_W0QQitemZ280490641092QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item414e8b86c4

;D

Okay, back to topic. MY, I like the progress on your ganon. Although I don't think Ganon's hair points in every direction, but more flows backwards.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:16:45 pm by Niek »
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2010, 05:00:00 am »

80 percentile, ladies and gentlemen. I've tinkered with the arms in my spare time the past few days. I'm fairly satisfied with the current look. I'm thinking for the swords, I need them both at a 45 degree angle, and need them both large and long, so that they cross into an X shape. I tried having them smaller and meet in the middle like Skeme did for me earlier, but I wasn't satisfied with that look.It looked too proper, not wild enough.

And I am crazy happy with the crazy dreaded locks I've got going on with him, so if anyone suggests to change it keep in mind I'm going to not listen out of love for what I have now.

(still gonna change over those darned knees)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2010, 06:02:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't think the knees are too terribly important, since you probably wont see them with the swords there :p
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2010, 06:03:30 am »
True. The really won't be necessary once the sprite is complete. Although I plan on using the arms separately to animate, the final sheet will be solid sprites. It's easier that way.

And maybe I'm just overly proud of my own work, but when I look at my Ganon beside Nintendo's, I can't help but grin.
« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2010, 08:58:44 pm »
WOW!!! Looking f**king awesome!

Heres some slightly longer swords that cross more than my other edit.

Are they too short still?
What do you think of the shadow from the swords? Yay or Nay?
I also tried editing and shading(mainly shading)the horns about a million times but it ended up looking like a completely different style to the rest of the piece.
So in the end I went back to how you did yours but changed a few pixels. I doubt it turned out any better though. Those horns a !@#$% to make any better than you already have. Nice job!

And yeah, the shading on the blade is horrible I know!

EDIT:

Longer swords

Looks much better than the shorter swords I think.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:18:02 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #507 on: May 15, 2010, 01:27:31 am »
Damn. After all the work I've put into him.. I think I want to go bigger.

(disregard the hands and swords)

Just want to hear what everyone thinks. I think if I nail the FSA size, he would look much more menacing. I'm also impressed by the way they did the arms, legs and hooves. Hell the entire thing is impressive.

I think I want to keep the same look I have, just much larger and more menacing. As it stands now he doesn't look very "OH MY GOD." like he did when you first saw him in Ocarina of Time.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #508 on: May 15, 2010, 01:43:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I actually think he'd be pretty menacing the size he is now :P with FSA, the camera could zoom out, so things could be much larger. In lttp however, you're stuck with snes res; and on that, he's pretty menacing :P

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #509 on: May 15, 2010, 01:53:22 am »
Put him in a mockup, just the pyramid or something. See how he looks. I like it, but bigger is almost always better, more detail and more menacing. However, bigger also means harder to animate.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2010, 02:03:44 am »
Anyone have the ALTTP rain layover?
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2010, 02:20:05 am »
Scratch that.

I think the size works far better than what I have now.
Having a boss that large makes you want to keep far away from it. At the size mine is currently at, the feel isn't there for me. Translating what I have now into a larger form will be difficult though. Wish me luck.

And I've found an entire collection of the FSA Ganon sprites, which helps for reference a ton. I know I may seem to be getting in over my head, but I know I can do this.

There would definitely be no way I'd attempt any other directions. The Ganon fight would just have to be re-imagined in 2d. the best I can figure is making a system where you have to shoot Ganon in the face with a light arrow to bring him down, or stun him as it does in OoT. Once this is accomplished, his tail is exposed for you to attack. The hardest thing would be to keep the player from getting behind Ganon. That would be a problem.  maybe have an attack with his tail if he is not stunned, something unavoidable that causes major hurt-age. 

Part of me wants to spice it up like in FSA, but part of me wants to stay true to the feel of fighting a true beast in Ocarina.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:39:40 am by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2010, 02:39:50 am »
i like the current size a lot, but if you feel like going bigger then why not?
youve always got the current size ganon to fall back on.
i also like that you are going to keep the battle ALTTP style(no side views etc)
cant wait to see what you come up with.
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2010, 02:47:47 am »
And to anyone who wants to argue true scale, please don't bother. It's going to be better this way.

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2010, 03:03:06 am »
  • The Hunter
wow I'm late but i'll post something. MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! those r amazing, mom would b proud...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2010, 03:50:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
You mentioned reimagining the way the final battle takes place- This is a good idea :p

Honestly, I've always seen that battle taking place one way in 2d---

In a long, but narrow area, with Ganon moving towards Link. Idea being that Link can slash the front of Ganon to make him not move forward as fast, but main goal being to slip under him to hit his tail.

All in all, it gives the impression that he's coming for you indefinitely, and that something needs to be done. It does however remove the level of free roam from the battle, but in it's place it retains the same level of challenge.
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2010, 06:25:32 pm »
That idea would be cool if you were going down a straight staircase tot he bottom of Ganon's tower, being chased down by Ganon as the castle is tearing itself apart all around you.
« Reply #517 on: May 19, 2010, 03:24:34 am »
Just dropped in for the first time in ages, lol.(I'm GanonSpriteR, changed my name a while back)

Just wanted to say, awesome work man. Everything you've created so far is looking pretty amazing. Good job.

As for the Ganon(lol yes I'm fairly partial to Ganon sprites, hence the old name xD) I really like where you're going with him. The only thing I'd like to see is that his swords do not cross and are asymetrical, like a more dynamic pose or something. Similar to where you were going with this Perhaps you leave his left arm the way it is, and position his right arm slightly different, rotate the hand toward the viewer more?

One last thing, I'm not really loving the hair. I used to have the original 3d model of Ganon, and he only has 3 long, thicker strands of hair.

Just a few suggestions, I'd like to see this sprite come out completely awesome :D

Good work so far, keep it up!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:30:30 am by .Imyge »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2010, 03:57:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
One last thing, I'm not really loving the hair. I used to have the original 3d model of Ganon, and he only has 3 long, thicker strands of hair.

I'm 99.9% sure he's going for the concept art's design, and not the 3d model's interpretation of the concept art :p
« Reply #519 on: May 19, 2010, 04:28:19 am »
Really awesome seeing you pop in, GanonSpriter. I'm hard at work on a larger Ganon. It's going to look similar to the one I've been showing, just more beastly and overwhelmingly huge.

Maybe I'll make some progress tonight and tomorrow so that I can show you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 74 queries.

anything