Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some ideas to get us back on track...  (Read 5593 times)

Some ideas to get us back on track...
« on: May 31, 2006, 02:03:26 am »
To directly quote a PM I sent to Alex...

Here's some ideas I was planning...

Set up a nice huge Zelda Fan contest with CASH rewards.
Re-Introduce FanGame of the Month.
Allow members to make small custom bannors advertising their game and have it display a random one at the top of the page everytime you load it.(have it link to the topic) And to take this idea further, make it so your game can only apply for an ad spot if it has a certian ammount of replys in it's topic. Say... 10 for ex. The members would love this idea.

Seriously tho, this is one of my strong points. I'm one of the few who actually finished a fangame with gameplay that's longer than 5 minutes... I wanna help.

I was always about putting ZFGC's attention back on fangames. I was planning that fangame comp also.

Tell me what you think.

Drewdelz

Re: Some ideas to get us back on track...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 02:04:19 am »
I think that's a great idea.   :D
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:05:14 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Sounds sweet to me.

Allow members to make small custom bannors advertising their game and have it display a random one at the top of the page everytime you load it.(have it link to the topic) And to take this idea further, make it so your game can only apply for an ad spot if it has a certian ammount of replys in it's topic. Say... 10 for ex. The members would love this idea.

Sounds like someone goes to SA >_>
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Limey

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:05:38 am »
And where will this cash come from?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 02:08:41 am »
Sounds sweet to me.

Sounds like someone goes to SA >_>

Uhh, no? WTF is SA?

And the cash WAS gonna come from me... >_> But I'm no longer admin.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 02:11:13 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Oh maybe you dont goto SA (somethingAwful forums) cause they have banners at the top members can have...im a member ^-^
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 05:12:07 am »
  • .越//
mayve this thread shouldnt just go for this mail... more like that people say what they think what could be done

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 06:43:04 am »
  • .越//
whats with maybe a mini-subpage... something like a game/graphics - Newspage... mixed together with HoF's Gamelist... you have tests, reviews, cheats?, downloads and newest updates from the forum users... maybe for sprites/sfx too.... ( only the "for use" )... every forum user can just edit his own pages ( from his game, sprite collection or sfx ) and add news ( for update notifications to the page viewers )

that would make it more popular then "just" a forum, we would have a "grown zfgc" like GA was, but in the right direction...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 07:03:00 am »
i think we could do with a proper portal page like we used to have

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 07:21:39 am »
  • .越//
i think we could do with a proper portal page like we used to have

it doenst matter what kind the page is... its the content that matters right?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 07:25:00 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
The page would be part of the content :p
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 08:56:37 am »
I love the banner idea a lot. And there IS going to be a game competition in Summer.
But hey, I dont know if we can give cash rewards...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 12:09:29 pm »
  • .越//
i have another idea to reset the focus... "sprite duels" like in pixeltendo... you could do it in competition.... but if somebody says to you " you can duel so-and-so " then people will make such things more likley

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

MarkusNut

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 03:16:12 pm »
I'm so sorry yue, but I didn't understand anything you just said in 2 of your posts... I'm not trying ot offend you or anything, I'm just letting you know that I didn't get to hear your opinion properly... :(

But I do agree with you on the whole fangame page kinda thing. It should have a games list with fangames form members that are in ZFGC only, and should be like gamefaqs with cheat and players guides, but for or fangames ONLY. Seriously, I love this idea soooo much. Drewdelz and Possum should lead it. :)
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 03:21:43 pm »
  • :3
 sopund verry cool i'l hope some of the suff will come
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 04:01:34 pm »
The cash part isn't great but the other parts are.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 05:00:30 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Set up a nice huge Zelda Fan contest with CASH rewards.
Fun idea, but who's paying?

Re-Introduce FanGame of the Month.
Seconded.

Meh... I'm thinking the sigs got us covered... I think it would be difficult and wouldn't pay off enough, but I wouldn't be against it if someone was willing to program it :D

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 07:23:40 pm »
  • .越//
I'm so sorry yue, but I didn't understand anything you just said in 2 of your posts... I'm not trying ot offend you or anything, I'm just letting you know that I didn't get to hear your opinion properly... :(

But I do agree with you on the whole fangame page kinda thing. It should have a games list with fangames form members that are in ZFGC only, and should be like gamefaqs with cheat and players guides, but for or fangames ONLY. Seriously, I love this idea soooo much. Drewdelz and Possum should lead it. :)
when "I" understood right, then you understood right... but... there should be something for the "misc projects" too... that would in a game database look like that ( i think )

Fangames:
TitleTeamGenreTypeOriginal GameStatusRelease Date
Oracle Of Life OnlineJGamesMMORPGGamemaker6 GameThe Legend of ZeldaInternal BetaDemo v0.7: 02.07.2006
Philip's Awakening UnknownRPGUnknownThe Legend of ZeldaUnreleasedUnknown
Sonic Ze: Robotnik RevengeUnknownAcardeGamemaker6 GameSonicDemo v3.0Demo v3.0: 22.05.2006

"Misc"

TitleTeamGenreTypeOriginal GameStatusRelease Date
Traumwelt Aquasoft EntertainmentSurvival HorrorUnknownOriginalUnreleasedUnknown
Insane ModUnknownAction FPSHalo / Halo Trial ModOriginalInternal AlphaUnknown

just an idea...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:29:35 pm by yue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 12:51:25 am »
Sol, he's just one of a few who want me to help bring back ZFGC's attention to fangames... >_> Go easy on him. (you should see some of the PMs people are sending me)

Possum, that's an old idea, cash was gonna come from me when I was admin. (Like $20.00 or so...)

And about the bannor thing, scripting it would be NOTHING. XD displaying a random bannor on a page is so simple, even I know how to do it. :P
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 02:56:29 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
(you should see some of the PMs people are sending me)
While he might not like to see them, I'd appreciate it if you could forward a few of the better ones to me.

Possum, that's an old idea
Yes, we had it last summer ;)

Point is: it's no longer feasable.

And about the bannor thing, scripting it would be NOTHING. XD displaying a random bannor on a page is so simple, even I know how to do it.
Okay, well... I know web design pretty well, but I'm not good with db's and such, so I suppose you're probably right :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 77 queries.