Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Kokori Forest  (Read 1847 times)

[Submission] Kokori Forest
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:15 pm »
  • It's just Max.
So also I did something I kinda like for Kokori Forest. It probably sounds pretty familiar, it's just a couple zelda themes moved into a different time signature over a couple chords, lol. But I think it's got a pretty mysterious feel and would work both when the forest is all misty before the dungeon and also after when it's sunnier. When I move this one into the Minish Cap soundfont, the marimba will sound less electronic, too.

The other think I was thinking is that we could do something sort of like the lost woods did in Ocarina of Time- the lost woods bit I've got on here played on strings could parhaps fade in and out depending on Link's actions. So like, when he's near a Kokori Ghost or a Kokori site in the forest, it could fade in, but it'd just be the other two parts otherwise. Anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/max-mraz/kokori-forest

Fun fact: the bird sounds are just me whistling. I sampled it at like midnight when I was working on this and my roommates were like, "Max! Aren't you in bed!? Why are you whistling!?"
Re: [Submission] Kokori Forest
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:02:57 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I actually love this, it reminds me of Chrono Trigger in some ways

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:55 am »
  • It's just Max.
Oh thanks! I haven't actually played chrono trigger still but I know how it's a big deal :p

My main concern is if it annoys anyone to listen to it on repeat a million times. I'll try to get to putting it in Minish Cap soundfont in the next couple weeks.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:11:54 am »
  • It's just Max.
I worked quicker this time.

I couldn't find anything in the soundfont to make it sound like birds, though :/
Maybe we can add that on as an additional sound effect track, although I don't know if that'd work or if it'd bog down the processing and stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 47 queries.

anything