Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

How was the demo?

Great, it needs work, but keep at it!
- 8 (61.5%)
Ok for a demo, but I want to see more!
- 1 (7.7%)
Yeah, just work on it harder!
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ: The Chrome Ball Chronicles(Demo .01 released!)  (Read 28198 times)

Re: I just had the greatest idea ever!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 04:38:46 am »
  • Back again.
WHAT AVATAR IS STOLEN!? AND WHO IS GASHIN?!
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 05:22:12 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
dlbrooks33's stole Gashin's sprite. Gashin is a master-sprite maker at PZC, I made a link to his profile which includes his signiture, look at his signiture for the image. It's his work. The link to Gashin is in my last post.

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Dark Xion

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 06:23:13 am »
sweet, we have sprites, it's a start, and good to see that I will have help programming, anyways if I do program this (which I am hoping to do when you have some more sprites, and yay for the flipper sprites) then I am gonna do it like full on sonic spinball style which will mean you have full control of link when he is walking around, that also means it will be side scroller style so the sprites would have to be befitting to that, anyways if that style is what you want lemme know, anyways I'm off for now so later and peace out!!

moree

Bizon-Ent.com
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 08:55:34 am »
  • N/A
what trelantana sayed!
It's THE ultimate Zelda pinball game! and without getting bored of it! ;)

And indeed.. the dungeons could be hard to make :(..
I have no idea what to make of that.
when I imagen, I see a boss level of the first mario game :-X
good luck with it though ;)

Koh

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 12:23:39 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
(Ooh ok I'll remove the avater, its just so spify!)

SO you guys are gonna start it? I will try to help in anyway I can, for right now, sign me up as a spriter and a beta tester.
  • Megaclipse Games

moree

Bizon-Ent.com
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 12:30:24 pm »
  • N/A
I'm not helping :-X
sorry but I'm already working on 1 project with some one else, and two of myself!
I can do part time programmer though. just ask what kind of engine and I'll make it!
But I'm not going to work on 100 % if you know what I mean :-\

Yet again: I'm sorry

Dark Xion

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 01:03:33 pm »
Like I said, I will program, and that's cool if brighteyes and moree help me too, but I can help because I have a very deep/throuraough understanding and knowledge of GM6 and I could easily  make this game in no time, but as I said I would need full sprites for the first level (I like to have the sprites as I make the engine, dunno y, I'm just a visual thinker is all) so just get me a full set of sprites for at least the first level and two days at most (depending on my schedule) I can have that engine as well as the first level done for you, the first level I make will be in game level quality but I will use it as a test level to see if it is what you want, if it is then we can just make it the full first level and thenonce I have tiles for the second level I could finish that one in a day or so. But anyways to answer your question, yeah we'll start it lol, but like I said, get me sprites, I will use the flippers ya made though
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 04:25:45 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
IF you do a boss level, put in a LOT of bumpers in that level.  Bumpers allow greater strategy.  Like bouncing to hit a boss from the back or something like that.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

moree

Bizon-Ent.com
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 04:27:59 pm »
  • N/A
Smart idea :D
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 06:01:49 pm »
anyof you guys ever heard of pinball quest it is alsom and you could do dungeons like how they do the levels.

you do something in that room you stop rolling and walk.
then you get a shop and then you go up to the next room.

but you dont have to have a shop it would get in the way of the doungon feel.

also for the overworld you could have normal zelda walking and stuff but when you go to climb or something you could do a level like a vine background or something and when you get to the top you end the level and you at the top of the vine.

Koh

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 08:02:51 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
i'll make a poll on wether we should do it with no control of Link or with control.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 09:33:25 pm »
  • Back again.
I was just thinking about that idea about the climbing and stuff. How about this: When you go to climb a cliff or a vine, it oculd have some spiffy music and you would be in the middle of a scrolling cliff background(or vine, depending). it ocunts down: 003, 002, 001, GO! Then, Link falls. You have to keep him from falling, until you get to the top of the cliff. How's that?

Also: How about this? A mode called something like 'Freelance'. You just play normal pinball with Link as the ball. With multiplayer, and singleplayer options.
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 10:14:51 pm »
that is sort of what i ment but you like have to hit like a hole and thin you in another machine type thing and then if you die you just fall back down that hole again and have to climb back up to the top.
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 10:45:11 pm »
  • Back again.
K. Now, I need to get started with the story. Hmmm. We need to make a new topic soon. I can make that. We can get some screens and stuff first, though. I had an idea for the theme for it, too.MC. Like, when you're in pinball mode, the ball is MC Link rolling. Constantly rolling, up and down.

Koh

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 02:13:38 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
so were all in this together!  I could make the topic, but first we need a demo andscreens for it to be put in Work in Progress.  Take your time so no one feels rushed.

EDIT:New poll, vote for which style you want.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:15:22 pm by dlbrooks33 »
  • Megaclipse Games
Re: I just had the greatest idea ever!(Control o...
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 03:19:03 pm »
  • Back again.
There's an HUD. The green bars are health. i wanted to give it a more original feel. The buttons are for flippers and two items. The bottom bar is the last health thing.

Now, for the team name. We could go under my favorite name, Sidewinder Studios. Or, whatever else you like.

Koh

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 03:56:35 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
nice, but could you make an x key that uses both flippers? and hearts are going to be the lives thing right?  On level one, you only have one heart which means you have 4 lives, when you die, you lose 1/4 of a heart.  After every boss, you get a heart container which is basically 4 more lives.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 05:10:58 pm »
  • Back again.
Also, I say that in the multiplayer mode, we try to get it online. If we can't, that's okay, but if we can, that'd be awesome. Like, you're a goron in that.

And, there could be minigames, like Goronball, where you bat a goron to break rocks and get through a path. And some  sorta Zora game.

BTW, Zora's ROCK! They are my favorite race in Zelda.

OH! This just occurred to me. Do you guys wanna have like, the transforming ability in MM? where you can become Zora, Deku, and Goron Link? It would be cool.

And, how're we gonna do swimming. We got climbing decided, but what about swimming?

Oh, and I'll make and X key when I get home.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2006, 05:23:49 pm »
that hud is very ugly i would just have hearts and you dont need buttons unless there are items like sword and sheild and stuff like that.
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 05:29:53 pm »
  • Back again.
:/ The HUD has buttons for people who want to assign the flippers to different buttons. And, we are gonna have items [last time i checked]. The hearts would make it feel too nostalgic for me. I can change it if I must, but I would really like it to be more original.

EDIT: Alright. I say that for the demo level, we have a scrolling cliff background. When you get to the top of it, a Goron is there and he says "Thanks for playing! Check back for more updates at: [URL goes here]!" Then it ends. Forget the HUD. I'll make a new one, that one is ugly. Besides the demo needs no HUD, anyway. Now, as far as the sprites...I'm at a loss. If I could find a pinball screen, or something, I could maybe whip up something, but until then...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:22:19 pm by jackofalltrades »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 80 queries.

anything