Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda : Skulltula's Amulet [RMXP]  (Read 19286 times)

Re: [RMXP] The Legend of Zelda : Skulltula's Amu...
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 04:12:50 am »
Looks awesome, plays ok.

My biggest complaint is that there's no kickback in either the enemy or Link.  As in, when you attack an enemy it stays where it is, and when Link gets attacked he stays in the same place as well.  Also, the fact that Link doesn't have an "invisibility" period after he's hit.  Because, since there's no kickback, the enemy runs into Link constantly and hurts him way more than he's supossed to.

Graphics are beautiful, gameplay could use work.  But awesome job, especially considering what you got done so far.  Keep it up n__n
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 02:10:59 pm »
Boycott RPGMaker! Get yourself a decent coder and make it in something much awesomer. For our sakes! And for the better gameplay of your game :).
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 03:00:55 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Guys what you don't seem to understand is that, sadly, the French game making community is in *love* with RPGMaker, and it's very hard to convince them that Game Maker has a lot more potential! (I even had an argue once, and the guy actually thought you could make a 3D game with RPGMaker!!) I sincerely hope Djipi will make the step forward and show the French community how things need to be done.
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 03:30:39 am »
Guys what you don't seem to understand is that, sadly, the French game making community is in *love* with RPGMaker, and it's very hard to convince them that Game Maker has a lot more potential! (I even had an argue once, and the guy actually thought you could make a 3D game with RPGMaker!!) I sincerely hope Djipi will make the step forward and show the French community how things need to be done.

There's nothing wrong with RPG Maker :(
I, myself, am using it for my own Zelda game.  As long as it's done right, a Zelda game in RPG Maker can be just as good (and compared to some of GM games I see, better) than a Zelda game in Game Maker.

RPG Maker only has a bad reputation because the majority of people using it have no idea what they're doing.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 04:31:17 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

Behold t3h Mode07. Technically, it's not REALLY 3D... But still... :P I made a nice little maze using this script. Only thing is, it's laggy as heck.

There's nothing wrong with RPG Maker :(
I, myself, am using it for my own Zelda game.  As long as it's done right, a Zelda game in RPG Maker can be just as good (and compared to some of GM games I see, better) than a Zelda game in Game Maker.

RPG Maker only has a bad reputation because the majority of people using it have no idea what they're doing.

Agreed-o. I once played a RM2K3 sidestory fan-game based on Final Fantasy IV... That was a really nice game... I played two demos that were really nice too (back in the RM2K era).

Plus, you don't really have to stick to making RPGs on RM... I made a Mario semi-platformer using RM2K3 and a Goron Racing mini-game using RM2K. :3

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

uma

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 04:38:57 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Boycott RPGMaker! Get yourself a decent coder and make it in something much awesomer. For our sakes! And for the better gameplay of your game :).

Rpgmaker is good for games that use a turnbased battle system or maybe even a tactical battle system. Why go to game maker and code an entire turnbased battle system, along with walking, collision, cutscenes, message boxes and all that shtuff when you could just go to Rpgmaker and spend much less time doing those things?

Thats why I'm using it for my story-driven game.  XD

But Rpgmaker is almost never good for games like Zelda. I've seen some awesome ABS(Action battle system)s done in Rpgmaker, but whenever someone makes a game it has a terribley made ABS.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

DjipiFR

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 07:15:08 am »
Thanks all. AleX-Xela , if you want to translate my project to english  no problem.

Retro thanks for you correction , but when i make a copy past of your post , now i don't have screen  :o

Others , I would like to work on Gamemaker , if a coder want to work with me i really want .
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 08:59:56 am »

Rpgmaker is good for games that use a turnbased battle system or maybe even a tactical battle system. Why go to game maker and code an entire turnbased battle system, along with walking, collision, cutscenes, message boxes and all that shtuff when you could just go to Rpgmaker and spend much less time doing those things?

Thats why I'm using it for my story-driven game.  XD

But Rpgmaker is almost never good for games like Zelda. I've seen some awesome ABS(Action battle system)s done in Rpgmaker, but whenever someone makes a game it has a terribley made ABS.
Your... "secret project" uma? XD

well, what can I say? looks great so far, when I get a chance to test it I'll provide some better feedback later, but those graphics are what I see as the best part of this game sofar. Keep it up! ;)

Thanks all. AleX-Xela , if you want to translate my project to english  no problem.

Retro thanks for you correction , but when i make a copy past of your post , now i don't have screen  :o

Others , I would like to work on Gamemaker , if a coder want to work with me i really want .
I think working with it in GM would probarbly be better, although I'm not much of a coder and would be more of a hinderance than a help. :P
RPGMXP should be fine for the game though, I don't see any problems there. I've made some games in RPGMXP myself using the default sprites and music I've composed. :D

EDIT:
I didn't even get past the first graveyard area because I couldn't understand it...
Come on Alex-xela, hurry up and translate!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:19:26 am by blue_chu_jelly »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 10:50:34 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Well I would love to start translating right now, the thing is, Djipi hasn't given me any text file to work from.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »
Uh, Djipi, you can't just copy the corrected topic and paste it. All the images are gone. Instead, put this in your first post:

Code: [Select]
Hello, everybody. My name is Djipi and I created the cel shaded MOD for Ocarina of Time. I would like to present to you my newest project, a 100% original fangame...

[center][url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5686/logofz2.png[/img][/url][/center]

[center][b]STORY[/b][/center]

Link has a nightmare that Hyrule will be defeated. When he wakes, he decides to warn the Great Deku Tree of Hyrule's upcoming chaos. Why is evil approaching? What is the Skulltula's amulet? What is the secret of the Royal Family?

Only one who has played this game will know the truth.

[center][b]SCREENSHOTS[/b][/center]

Here are some screenshots from the game. Enjoy!

The title screen
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6403/ecrantitreox5.png[/img]

Kokiri Forest
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/233/foretkokirise2.png[/img]

The First Temple, "The Hero's Temple"
[img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8618/templeduhrony3.png[/img]

Inside The Hero's Temple
[img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3515/interieurtempleos3.png[/img]

The second temple "Inside the Deku Tree"
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6396/sousarbremojogo2.png[/img]

Hyrule Beach
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5489/plagekz1.png[/img]

The city "Monastéria"
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7393/monastriaon5.png[/img]

The subscreen
[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3533/inventairetg2.png[/img]

[center][b]Demo 1.6[/b][/center]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LHCRZZ1D

[center][b]Demo 1.6 LITE (More efficient, but not as pretty)[/b][/center]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2F1L7LUE

[center][b]ENJOY![/b][/center]

:)? That way the images will show up

Um, by "French community", do you mean Zelda Solarus?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 01:44:05 pm »
I can't open the game :(
but the screens look very nice

Try using WinRAR; worked fine for me.

It's 7z, the format of 7zip. Use 7zip, better than any WinRAR or WinZIP.

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 02:19:12 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Looks really nice, but the gameplay itself could be improved, like having a non-grid movment, and the kickback when lik hits an enemy or an enemy hits him. Graphics and music are nice, though.

However, I DO have a probelm with the demo. It seems to be impossible to get both items to open the door in the Hero's Temple. you use the key in one or the other, and then it's gone, and you can't get another one. Or is there someplace I'm not looking?
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 02:27:37 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Looks really nice! The graphics look amazing, and the music is nice. My only gripe is the language. PLEASE tell me you'll release a translated version.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 07:00:34 am »
looking through the music directory I noticed some of the songs are midis. I could give you mp3s of the equivelent to those that I have and make mp3s of the ones I dont if you like.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 10:40:16 pm »
  • Silly cat!
asdfasdfasdf

This is possibly, nay, probably the most gorgeous fan game I've ever seen... holy free holies that game looks daaaaaamn good.

I was thinking, hmmm that looks like Djipi's game...
then I went back and I was like, oh it is Djipi
good to see you here, first gotta give you props for the texture repack for oot

downloading your game, will update this post with my impressions once I've played it

edit-
Okay, I played up to the deku tree dungeon.
the main problem I have with this game (other than not speaking French) is the fact it's made in RPGmaker, I assume this is because you don't know any coding languages (like me).
Buuuut, there are tons of coders out there who would kill for someone to handle all the graphics, design, and all the music you've already got, so I'd recommend recruiting a talented coder or two (like me).
And thanks to your OOT re-texture you're relatively famous, so finding a coder wouldn't be hard.

So, best of luck Djipi, it's good to see you start a Zelda fangame considering you actually finished the retexture project
Listen to that man!

Hoffy.

DjipiFR

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 10:27:23 am »
Thanks all.

I really want to make a wonderfull game .  ;)

Please to see that you like my project.

And Obsequious Eye , the second key of the temple is out (to the right there is an other map)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:40:20 pm by DjipiFR »
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 11:20:02 am »
Wow... :|
Simply, wow. I'm now downloading it.
The screenshots look great. :)
Also, nice to see you around here.
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »
Wow... This game looks amazing, definatly have someone help you with an english translation for it. The screenshots you showed us were just too awesome. :D
  • RPG Empire

DjipiFR

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:10 am »
Thanks all.
I  certainly need help to translate my game , i know lot of members would and can help me  ;) .

Today here's a new shot from : Zora's Domain .

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 11:59:29 am »
Nice! I love the castle and the look of the snow. Keep working on this game! Although I wouldn't stop you if you tried to use something rather than RPGMaker ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 77 queries.