Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops  (Read 10461 times)

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 06:25:36 am »
You need a social life.

Topic: I don't like FPS much. Never bought any of CoD games and I never will. People say it is so realistic. Reviews always them for the realism. But the fact is that it is grossly exagerated. A Mario game is far more realistic than any CoD I have ever seen. In short the game will suck.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 06:28:16 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
In short the game will suck.
In VERY short... like probably 10 ~5 minute campaigns.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 06:30:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
You need a social life.

That or you know, no job so I can actually hang out with them. My adult life has sent me hundreds of miles from my previous social groups so yeah <_<..
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:20 am »
Cookie cutter FPS is cookie-cut. CoD is just like Halo in my eyes. You're getting the same gameplay using the same weapons with a few new gimmicky "perks"... And before you CoD fans say "But I'm gonna get hours and hours of fun out of multiplayer!" Unless it's a multiplayer exclusive game, I don't base my judgement on the multiplayer. It's a tacked-on feature to make the player think they're getting their money's worth in "replayability" That would be like me buying a SRPG because I like the fact that you can name your characters... War simulators haven't been fun since... people started making them. They force feed you some bullshitty "What if!" storyline, then match you up with quirky sidekick after quirky sidekick, only to have them keeled off one after the other like you're playing some kind of future-psychiatrist-patient simulator. And what's worse in CoD is the fact that you HAVE to replay the damn levels over and over to get anywhere in multiplayer which is why 90% of the people who bought it, bought it to begin with!

In short, CoD is a cash cow, and will always be a cash cow, just like Halo is. You're gonna keep seeing the same game over and over rebranded with stupid new features that alter gameplay nigh but how quickly you reload your gun. People eat crap like that up though, so yeah.

I love the Battlefied 1942 Multiplayer, it's basic and for me a ton of fun, and i only play the mutliplayer demo online. When i had the full game it was all multiplayer for me, i touched single player once or twice, its not the same. The multiplayer demo is 1 level, and damn fun. I have most likely sunken atleast 100 hours into it. So yes, a game can be limited, and fun too.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:19 am »
I'm sort of looking forward to Homefront in terms of a more original shooter, and I might but Black Ops even though I know it's not going to be that much different than the last two.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 06:53:28 pm »
My two cents:
Almost every "big-name" magazine or website for the purpose of reviewing games(such as IGN for an example) has given the game a great review.  Almost every player has given the game a "O.K." review for it.

I do think someone is dipping in Activision's pockets.

/conspiracy
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »
Cookie cutter FPS is cookie-cut. CoD is just like Halo in my eyes. You're getting the same gameplay using the same weapons with a few new gimmicky "perks"... And before you CoD fans say "But I'm gonna get hours and hours of fun out of multiplayer!" Unless it's a multiplayer exclusive game, I don't base my judgement on the multiplayer. It's a tacked-on feature to make the player think they're getting their money's worth in "replayability" That would be like me buying a SRPG because I like the fact that you can name your characters... War simulators haven't been fun since... people started making them. They force feed you some bullshitty "What if!" storyline, then match you up with quirky sidekick after quirky sidekick, only to have them keeled off one after the other like you're playing some kind of future-psychiatrist-patient simulator. And what's worse in CoD is the fact that you HAVE to replay the damn levels over and over to get anywhere in multiplayer which is why 90% of the people who bought it, bought it to begin with!

In short, CoD is a cash cow, and will always be a cash cow, just like Halo is. You're gonna keep seeing the same game over and over rebranded with stupid new features that alter gameplay nigh but how quickly you reload your gun. People eat crap like that up though, so yeah.
QTF although many franchises fit that description besides Halo and CoD... but of course, money talks... but oh well...

As for CoD Black Ops... Let's see my track record for the series...
3? Didn't play. 4? Played Multiplayer a bit, that's it. 5? Nope. ModernWarfare 2? Nope... you see the recurring pattern that will follow...

plus I'm not a huge FPS guy either...

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 01:59:23 am »
Apparently it's got quite a few lag issues on PC too.
Yeah, I think I'll stick with battlefield and CSS.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 04:17:55 am »
  • The Mike
I find Black Ops to be better than the others for sure but CoD4 did have awesome multiplayer. That's just me though. Besides, it doesn't hurt to give games a chance.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 04:28:26 am »
My two cents:
Almost every "big-name" magazine or website for the purpose of reviewing games(such as IGN for an example) has given the game a great review.  Almost every player has given the game a "O.K." review for it.

/conspiracy
Guess what?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:33:33 am by Reo »

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 04:59:21 am »
Ok, I just played black ops with my friend and it's pretty awesome. It's still not as good as rainbow six, but it was surprisingly fun
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 05:45:07 am »
My two cents:
Almost every "big-name" magazine or website for the purpose of reviewing games(such as IGN for an example) has given the game a great review.  Almost every player has given the game a "O.K." review for it.

/conspiracy
Guess what?

...and people have been calling me a moron for having videogame conspiracies dealing with dirty-dealing such as this.

Hmm.  Who would have thought that Activision REALLY is the dark !@#$% company I always thought they were?
Needless to say, if I want FPS with multiplayer, I stick to my butchered CS:S and maybe get the next Battlefield game as I haven't gotten one since 2142 (which I enjoyed tight butthole).
  • Super Fan Gamers!

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 05:54:34 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Video game companies pay magazines that review games for advertisement pages... Do you think a VG magazine is gonna talk trash on a game that a company paid them X amount to have featured on 1 page and risk them never advertising with them again?

Example: Prior to release, Rare pays EGM $5,000 to feature a Banjo KaBastardization ad page with release date, etc in 1 issue. The following month, the game releases, and EGM does a review. Do you think they're going to say "Man, Rare jabbed my childhood's eyes out with blocky graphics and sodomized the empty sockets 0/10!" NOPE! Because if they did, then Rare isn't gonna pay them to feature their next game.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 05:59:16 am »
Video game companies pay magazines that review games for advertisement pages... Do you think a VG magazine is gonna talk trash on a game that a company paid them X amount to have featured on 1 page and risk them never advertising with them again?

Still doesn't dismiss the fact there it is wrong.
You aren't giving your "less intelligent" readers a proper review.  It's the same as a bribe in court.  Pay someone to say change the story just a bit, except they get virtually no consequences.

I think it is appalling and one of the many reasons I try to not even look at game reviews until I have already played the game myself, listened to close friends that bought the game first, or just really want to see the commercial review before I buy it.

Ziff Davis Media doesn't get my money anymore and haven't for 5 years.  Cookie if you know what that is without using the internet to find out.

Oh and the fact that the average gamer refuses to acknowledge even what you have said, DJ, is also what pisses me off.  To the average gamer, seems like game companies can do no wrong. :(
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 09:51:36 am »

You aren't giving your "less intelligent" readers a proper review.  It's the same as a bribe in court.  Pay someone to say change the story just a bit, except they get virtually no consequences.

I think it is appalling and one of the many reasons I try to not even look at game reviews until I have already played the game myself, listened to close friends that bought the game first, or just really want to see the commercial review before I buy it.

Ziff Davis Media doesn't get my money anymore and haven't for 5 years.  Cookie if you know what that is without using the internet to find out.

Oh and the fact that the average gamer refuses to acknowledge even what you have said, DJ, is also what pisses me off.  To the average gamer, seems like game companies can do no wrong. :(

Not everyone does it though, Final Fantasy 14 got horrible reviews from pretty much every gaming website that ever existed. If square is paying people off, they're apparently doing it wrong.

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 06:54:59 pm »

Not everyone does it though, Final Fantasy 14 got horrible reviews from pretty much every gaming website that ever existed. If square is paying people off, they're apparently doing it wrong.
Or there are games that even money can't make it better  :P
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »
This kind of made me interested in this game:  XD
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/707296

At first I thought it was a modern day shooter, which I hate. But I only just found out it's set during the Cold War.
For me, WW2 shooters hadn't gotten old yet so I still like those more, I played CoD World at War. I'm still waiting for one from the German/Japanese perspective  :-\
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »
Graphics in that video look much worse than Modern Warfare 2...
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:22 am »
Co-Worker calls me at home just to tell me this:
Bro, Black Ops is actually a really awesome game!
The graphics are WAY better than Modern Warfare 2.  The multiplayer is just sick, bro.
<Insert the my comments about pay-offs, actual player reviews, etc>
Oh, bro, only the people who can't quick-scope are the ones complaining about the game.
"This game takes real skill now unlike MW2" <---quote from co-worker
<Insert my comment about saying I'm not stupid enough to drop $60 on !@#$%>
It's not that bad, bro.
<Insert my comment about that I am content with MW2, SC2, and WoW>
You should get the game, bro.
<Insert my comment about not wasting money>

--------------------------------------------------------------
Can't make that up.  That is a typical fanboy right there.  I once read his college homework where he had to describe a videogame in detail.  He rips all over Halo, insisting that Modern Warfare and MW2 are superior in every aspect of an fps game.  Do I think his opinion of any CoD game may be slightly scued?

Morons like that is what, IMO, is killing our industry.
Sure, I am a Square fan-boy,but the last title I actually dropped money for on a brand-new copy was FFXIII and it was a piece of !@#$%.

I am officially placing CoD nerds(yes, they are nerds.  I don't give a !@#$% how much of a "social life" they have, how many women they supposedly have sex with, nor how much they work out- they are still nerds for CoD.  They don't shut up about it.)on the exact same list as Madden and NBA Live nerds.

Keep paying $60 every year for new skins, boys.

Also, I don't hate CoD.  I enjoyed MW2...but I didn't pay for it.  It was a gift to me for Christmas last year.
The fan boys are just obnoxious.  The only time you can catch me like that is with GUNDAM. XD

tl;dr

CoD fanboys are retarded.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 02:40:50 am »
Dang, TFS, you seem to hate Black Ops as much as i hate Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows.

Also w00t w00t FFXIII

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 77 queries.

anything