Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops  (Read 10545 times)

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 03:42:08 am »
I don't care yo, I'm in the mood for a new shooter. 360 broke so I'll get it on the PC and use a 360 control which I'm more comfortable with. That'll tide me over for a while until I want an RPG and I'll get New Vegas.
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 03:48:00 am »
I don't care yo, I'm in the mood for a newrehashed shooter with new skins. 360 broke so I'll get it on the PC and use a 360 control which I'm more comfortable with. That'll tide me over for a while until I want an RPG and I'll get New Vegas.

Fixed.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 04:06:17 am »
I don't care yo, I'm in the mood for a newrehashed shooter with new skins. 360 broke so I'll get it on the PC and use a 360 control which I'm more comfortable with. That'll tide me over for a while until I want an RPG and I'll get New Vegas.

Fixed.

Dude you're being a whiny little brat. So it's not the most original game. Modified, improved engine is fine with me. I'm in love with media about the Cold War, I find it fascinating so the plot won't bore me either. Get over yourself
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:46 am »

Fixed.

Dude you're being a whiny little brat. So it's not the most original game. Modified, improved engine is fine with me. I'm in love with media about the Cold War, I find it fascinating so the plot won't bore me either. Get over yourself
SO, now I am a brat because I don't agree with you that Black Ops is a good game?

Forum has officially hit the !@#$%...

I guess it's wrong to state your opinion around here.
Now I can see why some members don't ever come back.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:37:44 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 04:45:26 am »
No I'm just saying you're assuming it's an awful game judged on the nature of the series rather than having tried it and experiencing it. I was more calling you a brat for saying you "fixed" my quote by throwing your opinion into my words. It's a video game, thus not that big of a deal.
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 04:48:16 am »
No I'm just saying you're assuming it's an awful game judged on the nature of the series rather than having tried it and experiencing it. I was more calling you a brat for saying you "fixed" my quote by throwing your opinion into my words. It's a video game, thus not that big of a deal.
I am not judging based upon nature of the series like you say.  I am judging based upon multitude of videos and actual real player reviews(not one liners, actual detailed paragraphs) oh and real life conversation with people that have already bought and played the game.

I wish it wasn't a rehash.  But pretending it is something it's not, well... If you want to do that with $60, go for it.
/my opinion on Black Ops

Enjoy your game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:53:02 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:07 am »
I don't care yo, I'm in the mood for a new shooter. 360 broke so I'll get it on the PC and use a 360 control which I'm more comfortable with. That'll tide me over for a while until I want an RPG and I'll get New Vegas.
Wait, I know why you're going to play it with a 360 controller, but if you plan on playing against PC players who use keyboards and mice you're practically asking to die.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 11:29:36 am »
Wait, I know why you're going to play it with a 360 controller, but if you plan on playing against PC players who use keyboards and mice you're practically asking to die.

Obviously if I'm getting the PC version I'll be playing PC players who use keyboards and mice. I'm pretty confident if I tweak the controller settings I should be able to have quick enough reaction times to be well suited against them.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Call of Doody Black PoOps
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Meh. Never liked this series. At the hotel I work at we have a 360 for the military to play and we have CoD 4 and they seem to like it pretty well though. I don't even like it visually :\ *shrugs* To each their own though. Cold War era is pretty cool so I'll give it that.
Re: Call of Doody Black PoOps
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 08:53:42 pm »
Yeah that's what I'm looking forward to most is the change of settings. I'm quite tired of WW2 and modern day shooters. But the only way I'd get the next Call of Duty is if it was World War 1.
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 11:56:50 pm »
Damn you humanity for not giving us more interesting wars!!!  :-X
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 01:10:18 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Maybe someone should write a little fiction.  ('ε')

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:59 am »
  • The Mike
Black Ops is a lot more enjoyable than Modern Warfare 2 in my opinion. I find that I can actually get kills without getting nubtubbed, spawn killed or get hit every single plane possible. The killstreak awards are a lot better for sure and they aren't as cheap, unless you consider Hardline with multiple RC cars cheap but I find controlling an RC car a lot more enjoyable than controlling a Predator Missile anyday. The Nazi Zombies maps from World at War look visually better and feel better too. It's nice using an MP40 again.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 02:07:51 am »
CoD kinda sucks only because it's just another crappy FPS whrer the only skill is sitting and playing it for hours and hours... it doesn't take any thinking :-\
Define doesn't take any thinking? If you play any game that is even relatively balanced, against human players you should have to think. If you aren't thinking that's prolly why you're losing. You don't have to sit there playing it for hours and hours to get good necessarily. Building reaction time is definitely strategically advantageous but it is possible, especially if you have a team, to win through strategy. I mean I have managed to beat people with wall hacks (ergo the ultimate in reaction times) simply because they were not good at actually playing the game. Just because you can't take hours to think about every move you make doesn't mean there is no strategy, it just means you have to think quicker. Also, I'd say COD is actually far less about sitting and playing for hours in terms of getting "good" then pretty much any level up based RPG where you're simply grinding for hours so you can be "good" at the game. Any game worth its salt should actually require at least some play time before you can win at it.

On another note I don't really have a problem with them releasing COD games so fast. Again the dev cycle is not a single year, it is at least a two year cycle, probably more, as most companies have a bit of time in between when they are done with a development of their previous game. World at War was released in November of 2008 so do that math, it's been about two years since Treyarch last released a COD game. Not to mention MW2 as far as the PC market is concerned, was a total screw up. The lack of dedicated servers provided a laggy heck-ridden realm of filth :P so this latest offering for the PC market offer significant and worthwhile multipayer enhancement. Just because you have quantity doesn't necessarily mean that you lose quality; and given that a good deal of the people booing the game here say that they either never have played COD or stopped playing before the original modern warfare I would say you should at least give it a shot before writing it off as just another war shooter. Initially I was extremely hesitant to play, or believe I would like, COD:MW but I tried it at a rave... I mean friends house :p and I ended up enjoying a lot more then I thought I would. If you don't like it, then you don't like it (the first rule of tautology club is... :P) and I don't intend to force you to like but don't write it off as stupid because it's more popular then whatever game series you like. Remember going against the mainstream just because it is the mainstream is almost the same as conforming.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 01:44:32 am »
But the only way I'd get the next Call of Duty is if it was World War 1.
Call of Duty: Trench Warfare
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 02:01:47 am »

I wouldn't buy it though if it had that name though
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 02:24:14 am »

I wouldn't buy it though if it had that name though
But that's what it is :P The only thing you would do is run out a trench, get shot to death, run out of a trench, get shot to death, get gassed to death, and then you would get shot because your poorly produced rifle jammed and then fell apart :P Maybe Vimy Ridge might be interesting but other then that...
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:24 am »
I know that's what World War 1 is lol. I was saying I wouldn't buy it because it's such a generic name for a video game it makes me gag even more than "Modern Warfare". I still would love to play a video game set in WW1 just for a nice change in scenery. I find trench warfare amazingly interesting though which may be impairing my judgment on whether or not a WW1 shooter would even be fun.
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2010, 11:27:49 pm »
I loved the tv ad, I want to play it now ;_; I wish I had money to buy it.
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »
Yeah so I got it for an early Hannukah present a few days ago. I got the 360 version even though mine broke... Been playing it on my step brothers 360 downstairs. It's pretty fun, though the engine certainly hasn't changed too much.

Campaign is pretty cool, and I'm at least glad there's a story other than the boring war ones they tell in every other game. The whole interrogation thing and flash backs to the levels is at least fresh :)

Haven't dug into the online much, in fact. Haven't been playing Black Ops that much since I also bought myself New Vegas. And for a Fallout nerd like myself, New Vegas has a lot of fan service. Just that it was made by the people who made Fallout 1 and 2, and set at the same time basically as Fallout 3, but in the same area that Fallout 2 left off (Mojave desert yo), so it's pretty much amazing despite the Fallout 3/New Vegas engine being very very buggy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 77 queries.