Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting GM 6.1 to GM 8 ?  (Read 1307 times)

converting GM 6.1 to GM 8 ?
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:08:39 pm »
I'm currently using GM 6.1.
If I am correct that does mean that a .exe created with this version will not work in vista or windows 7 and that using GM 8 would solve this. But as the engine has been done for a great part, I am wondering how much work it would be converting it.

Is there someone who has a list regarding the changes of the build in functions and variables between GM 6.1 and GM8 ?
I would prefer knowing what has changed so that I can see how much work converting will be, before I actually decide to start converting the engine of TLOZ:CR.
Re: converting GM 6.1 to GM 8 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:44:22 am »
  • 笑い男
Load the source into gm8, try and run it or whatever and you'll get any errors. Should just be ones where the code for drawing stuff has just changed a tiny bit, no big deal at all and easy to change.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: converting GM 6.1 to GM 8 ?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:00 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Yeah, GM is pretty savvy about unofficially supporting "outdated" functions like make_color(r,g,b) which is documented in the manual as needing to be make_color_rgb(r,g,b) so you're likely to only need to make minor edits to your game (most notable being that GM8 uses PNG's with native alpha rather than a "transparent color" so you may need to edit all of your sprites to conform to this new feature. Not 100% sure tho)
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 43 queries.