Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disproportionate force BS  (Read 5892 times)

Ben

Re: Disproportionate force BS
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 06:27:02 pm »
!@#$%, there are no witnesses in the playground, if you're picked on for no reason then you will sure as hell have no witnesses, because you're probably being bullied.
If you get into a proper fight which the other guy started he's probably bigger and so any "witnesses" will stand back and you can get your friends to say nothing.

This is a world of perception where you can get into trouble for anything, even if you didn't do it. You've just gotta make sure you get along with people.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 06:27:47 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
It's just like the victim still goes to court (if s/he's still alive).
And even that's happening more and more often... with our wonderful judges.  This is just one of the reasons that the FBI and Police shoot only to kill (and also so the enemy has no chance of retaliating... people's lives are on the line: that's not right to put the innocent in jeapordy).

Ben

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »
Teachers are crap at figuring out what happened and who started what and who did what because they have to rely on "the kids" and "the kids" are just too childish and too damn stupid to tell the teachers what is happening.

The world wants to stop bullying, but it's one of those things that's as uninforcable as stopping P2P.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 06:33:52 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
My parents always taught me this:

If someone so much as lays a finger on you without your concent, show no mercy. Aim for the balls.

Just my 2 cents. ;)
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 06:35:17 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Teachers are crap at figuring out what happened and who started what and who did what because they have to rely on "the kids" and "the kids" are just too childish and too damn stupid to tell the teachers what is happening.

The world wants to stop bullying, but it's one of those things that's as uninforcable as stopping P2P.
Sure, but we shouldn't let that get in the way of allowing a kid to fight back, when they're in danger.  I have that right in public and private places... why can't I have it in public schools?

My parents always taught me this:

If someone so much as lays a finger on you without your concent, show no mercy. Aim for the balls.

Just my 2 cents. ;)
rofl ;p

Ben

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 06:36:30 pm »
Why aren't you allowed to do it in schools? Because that would get the school a bad reputation for brawwwwwwwwwwwls. You can do it in the street because a single brawl does not affect the entire country, but a single brawl can affect the entire school.

You've gotta realise that in this day and age it's all about image.

Oh and for the whole parents thing, my parents say that I have their full support in fighting back, and parents are much more powerful than the school as odd as it sounds. You can always go to another school :D.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:38:01 pm by Ben »
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 07:14:49 pm »
Teacher's can't be everywhere, so unfortunately it's the law of the playground, lol.
Just don't get into fights, it's as simple as then.
Yes, especially when someone comes up to you unprovoked and nails you hard.

You could have avoided that by not existing.

Besides, we have supervisors, cameras... and let's face it... kids while they can be dishonest, you can find "witnesses" if neccessary.  Ever remember fights in your elementary schools?  Everyone saw what happened :)

Actually in Elementary school i pretty much never got picked on.

Kids aren't breally that mean until they get older.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 07:15:37 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm totally for hitting back, despite being as liberal as they come.

However, despite my beliefs, and despite the fact that this is a liberal policy (it's pretty much fact, guys), this doesn't fit with my view of liberalism.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 07:16:58 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
There IS one solution.  If you're trying to defend yourself, and someone is running toward you, hold your first up and when you hit them, just say they ran into your fist.  It worked for my friend.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Gilgamesh

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 09:47:21 am »
Difficult matter... I'm partially inclined to agree and fight back, but on the other hand, I'm also a "supporter" of Matthew 5:39.

In general, they shouldn't be supported to fight back, only self-defense. Of course, there are situations in which you can hardly defend yourself without harming the other person.

Honestly put, the best solution would be to never let the other kid punch him. It's not really a matter of "to fight back or not", it's more of a matter "why did the fight even started?".
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 11:52:39 am »
Hmmm in my last school it was against the rules to fight but they made all witnesses and people fighting write a statement of what happened, they seemed to allow reasonable force in defence.

For instance once this guy hit me, so I put him in an arm lock and someone went and got a teacher, I only let him go when the teacher arrived and I got in no trouble, he got a week of internal exclusion for starting fights.

I think fighting back is wrong but defending yourself isn't, there is a difference, if you are defending yourself your not breaking the rule of no fighting hehe.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 04:30:01 am »
2a4p, I didn't automatically assume you hated liberals. You just attacked Swiftu personally, and knowing that the school system was liberal didn't really matter to the debate, so I just thought you were taking a stab at liberals. Just as well, you said "sick" and then liberal right after.

On to the debate.

I have mixed feelings. You should have a right to defend yourself, but only in the worst case scenario. I think that most people are saying the typical "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", or if you get hit, you should be able to hit back. I disagree. I think that if you get hit, you run and tell someone right away. There are other methods of defense rather than going on the offense. The only time I'd ever hit back is if I was in a situation in which I couldn't run or get away from the fight - I'd just defend myself for as long as I could, hit back, and when the other person was either a) incapacitated or b) too hurt to strike back, then I'd run. I mean, I would never support a type of school system where if someone hit you and you hit back and broke his nose, you wouldn't be held responsible, or have to shoulder as much responsibility as the person who started the fight. I'm glad people are being raised with an anti-war standard - sometimes being a pacifist is better than being an activist.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 63 queries.