Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: <Request> Dodongo's cavern (dead statue skull)  (Read 5005 times)

<Request> Dodongo's cavern (dead statue skull)
« on: August 12, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
Hello everybody.

Does anyone happen to have a 2D picture/sprite of the Dodongo head statue?

I would really appreciate all help I could get, I've been trying to find one/draw one by myself for days now without any success.

This will be used for a secret project and I'll make sure to post the result here later if I get the help I am requesting.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:17:56 pm by nahoj3 »

Re: <Request> Dodongo's cavern (dead statue skul...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »
First off, this is a large and very difficult to make request. People don't just happen to have large, complete sprites or tiles that they made themselves for no reason. If you expect someone to help you, you have to provide proof that you are capable of making whatever game you plan to make. Another thing is that you didn't specify what size or style you want it. If you don't, your game will end up with very mixed graphics and just look really stupid. I know of something that may help, but I don't know if it's anywhere near the style or size you want. It probably will work in a MC, ALttP, or FSA style (though it may require editing) with a screen size around 320 * 240, and I'm assuming you'll be happy with it no matter what, so there is a giant dodongo in FSA (for Gamceube, therefore having large sprites) that will probably work.

[LINK]

If you ever need ripped sprites (sometimes custom ones, too), go to The Spriter's Resource
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:07:35 pm »
Thanks, already seen those sprites tho.

However I can't use it, dosn't look very similar to the dead statue.  :(

The style is not very important, I would be happy with any 2d.

I am not really creating a game, it would be the only sprite needed for my little project.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:11:47 pm by nahoj3 »
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:38:22 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Why don't you use a placeholder graphic so you could show people what your little project is, and then point out what needs to be replaced. I don't think anybody wants to take the time to sprite a big skull when they have no idea what your project even is.

Also, what about turtle rock from ALTTP? That's kinda a similar entrance thing if I remember correctly... which I may not...
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »
Good idea, I will check out the turtle rock.

EDIT: The turtle rock turned out to a perfectly fine looking E.T. :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:17:47 pm by nahoj3 »
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:50:05 am »
"A secret project", lol.

Whatever the secrecy, you can't really expect that someone will jump in and play hero. If you're really banking on that, then you need to show off your own work, so that people know that their work will go to good use. And anyway, if this is only a small project, then I can't see anyone undertaking this task just to help you out.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:22 am »
The thing is that I havn't started yet, there is no point of doing that without the statue. :(

But I'm sure many people would like the result if I ever find one dead statue skull thing and I will not quit since it won't take more than a week.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 06:11:43 pm »
You must have been able to do something without it. People don't generally start at the beginning and develop something in linear time (but you haven't even told us what you're making, so maybe so). You work with what you have and that proves that you are capable of doing it. If you really need something that you can't find, use a placeholder: something similar to what you're looking for that is only temporary. That's how you prove if you can do something.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:37 pm »
I'm afraid if I start and spend lots of time to make it awesome; and then can't find what I'm looking for the whole project has to die.:(

I'm also afraid that if I reveals what the project is, you might not understand it, but there are other people that would love it; however they do not possess the necessary skills to help me.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:52:25 pm by nahoj3 »
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »
  • It's just Max.
So you're basically asking a bunch of people to help you on a project, and not telling them what the project is because you think they won't like it? Why can't you just say what the project is? I'm really curious now.

Also, you're saying that it won't take more than a week, but also saying that you're afraid of wasting lots of time... Which is it?

I wouldn't mind giving this skull thing a stab because I think in general, a giant skull whose mouth you can enter would be a fairly useful sprite... well, okay, but I think at least some people could use it sometimes, it would make a cool dungeon entrance. But I don't want to commit lots of time to something I don't know I will like, just like how you don't want to commit time to making this weird secret thing without knowing somebody will make you this sprite.

Also, I still think turtle rock, edited, could work. Just change up its eyes, elongate it, and give it a horn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 54 queries.