Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Delete Posts?  (Read 1996 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Can't Delete Posts?
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:51:47 pm »
  • The Mike
Why can't we delete posts anymore? I'm pretty sure we were able to do that before the forum closed back in January.

What's up with this, broskiz?

• Zelda Eternity

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: Can't Delete Posts?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:58 pm »
Yeah. I think we were actually able to delete our posts. Can we have that back?
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
Uh, you couldn't venture a guess of why you can't, even though it is clearly obvious that you are in another membergroup?  Seriously, the fact that you are not receiving a status due to post rank is indicative of you not being a default member. In the past, the default members had to have the permissions set to where they could do what you are callling for. Honestly, I am in the dark since I can't see the user rank thing in the admin panel anymore due to not being an administrator, but even I arrived at that conclusion.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »
Mammy disabled it while he modifies some scripts, I'll leave him to explain in more detail.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:06:09 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Rupee Exploit. lol nuff said.

Until we resolve that, the ability to delete your own posts is disabled. If you wanna remove the content of your post, just modify it for now :P

(wait arent you the one who who discovered/utilized the exploit to begin with? XD)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 05:33:36 pm »
  • The Mike

Until we resolve that, the ability to delete your own posts is disabled. If you wanna remove the content of your post, just modify it for now :P

(wait arent you the one who who discovered/utilized the exploit to begin with? XD)
Yeah, I did figure it out. I accidently deleted a post when I meant to modify it. Then my Rupee count stayed the same, then I posted again and my count went up. I was only using it a few times to bring my Rupees up from my great loss that happened to me the other day.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:34:52 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too

I was the one who reported it though. :)
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 11:25:03 pm »
  • The Mike

Aww! Why did you report? We could have made lots of Rupees! >:(

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 11:28:13 pm »

If he hadn't reported it tons of people will buy tons of rocks and the sell prices for items that they don't sell anymore will be ridiculously high, so I think he made a smart move..

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 11:30:07 pm »

Don't get mad, you we're basically cheating for rupees.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 10:27:38 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I think it's better to let some people get away with free rupees and still allow people to delete thier posts. I mean, not everyone will use it, but you always want to delete a thread or a reply or something at one point.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 03:03:35 am »
  • w00t
The current system of "one rupee per post" seems much more forgiving for allowing users to delete their own posts than the "x rupees per word" model we used when this topic was written.  I don't have any official word or anything, as I'm not part of the dev team, but it seems to me that it would be okay to let users delete their own posts again, since the most they could gain from the exploit would be one rupee per post.  Even if they did do this, staff members would see that a user deleted tons of similar posts and could take action.

Obviously though the matter is up to the dev team.  These are just my thoughts on the matter.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

gm112

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 03:04:42 am »
Or simply remove that rupee if you have any in your pocket or bank. If there are 0 rupees, then ignore. haha..

Cassy

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 04:50:01 pm »
Yes, the method suggested by gm112 would be incredibly easy to accomplish. You just have to find the function in SMF's code that corresponded to deleting posts, rather than the code creating posts, and simply change the code that added a rupee from the creation of a post into code that removes one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 66 queries.

anything