Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamestop sucks  (Read 3420 times)

Gamestop sucks
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:33:03 am »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
but you all probably knew that.

In the last month, I've wanted to buy three new games, and got turned down all 3 times at Gamestop. The first was the Download Card pack for GTA4: The Lost and Damned.  They told me they sold out. So I ended up getting the MS Points online and downloaded it. I basically just wanted the free poster, lol.

Then last week I went there for the Super Street Fighter 4: Collectors Edition. They said they were sold out.  So, I drove a couple blocks to the Hastings Bookstore and they had the Collectors Edition. Strike 2 against Gamestop.

Tonight, I drove to town to get Halo Wars: Collectors Edition. I just want CE for the Mythic Map Pack in Halo 3. They told me that all the CE copies they had were Preorder reserves. !@#$%. Its a popular game, the corporate needs to realize a LOT of people are going to want it, and some live in the country and have to drive an hour out of their way to get to town. I ended up ordering HW:CE online on Amazon.com when I got home. Theres no way Im waiting 5 weeks to get the new map pack, lol.

So thats three times in one month that Gaymstop didn't get my money. That's three strikes and they are out. I'm not shopping at Gamestop anymore. Its strictly Bookstores and Online now.

Who else hates Gaymstop?

"You gave us up for warcraft!?" -Comrade Kesha
Re: Gamestop sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 03:48:30 am »
I'll assume that your spellings of "Gamestop" as "Gaymstop" are due to phonetic spelling; if not then, no just no (it would be that you are using it in the form of an insult not something else per say). Anyway, I call them all the time asking for Battletoads and they never have it in stock.

But in all honesty, I just don't like their trade-in policies and that the Nintendo DS test system they have in the store usually has its touch screen broken. However, I look past that because when I am in a mall staying in that store is a lot better than walking around and going to other places. And really, a person doesn't always get what they want, holding something against a corporate entity is a little silly.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:03:11 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I've never had any problems with the gamestop over here, they're pretty good about their service.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:17:25 am »
Only problem i have had is the outrageous prices you would get if you trade in games.

Also they never have phoenix wright, or battletoads when i call.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:17:45 am »
but you all probably knew that.

In the last month, I've wanted to buy three new games, and got turned down all 3 times at Gamestop. The first was the Download Card pack for GTA4: The Lost and Damned.  They told me they sold out. So I ended up getting the MS Points online and downloaded it. I basically just wanted the free poster, lol.

Then last week I went there for the Super Street Fighter 4: Collectors Edition. They said they were sold out.  So, I drove a couple blocks to the Hastings Bookstore and they had the Collectors Edition. Strike 2 against Gamestop.

Tonight, I drove to town to get Halo Wars: Collectors Edition. I just want CE for the Mythic Map Pack in Halo 3. They told me that all the CE copies they had were Preorder reserves. !@#$%. Its a popular game, the corporate needs to realize a LOT of people are going to want it, and some live in the country and have to drive an hour out of their way to get to town. I ended up ordering HW:CE online on Amazon.com when I got home. Theres no way Im waiting 5 weeks to get the new map pack, lol.

So thats three times in one month that Gaymstop didn't get my money. That's three strikes and they are out. I'm not shopping at Gamestop anymore. Its strictly Bookstores and Online now.

Who else hates Gaymstop?

XD, go to other stores besides gamestop that are bound to have the games in case they are out.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »
I've never had any problems with the gamestop over here, they're pretty good about their service.
Yeah, mine too, well, there's about five of them around my area though

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 05:56:45 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
O.O I've never ever had an issue with Gamestop. In fact, they've always been very prompt with me on my preorders. I used to get my preorders like 2 days before the games release o.o... (did that with GTA SA, and I got my copy of GTA VC like 3 months before release. They had the prerelease copies :D).

Seriously, I've never ever had an issue with them :(
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:34 pm »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
Yeah, but you mention Preorder. Ive only ever preordered one game from Gamestop. Due to where I live, its hard to go every week.

"You gave us up for warcraft!?" -Comrade Kesha
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 11:28:06 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
O.O I've never ever had an issue with Gamestop. In fact, they've always been very prompt with me on my preorders. I used to get my preorders like 2 days before the games release o.o... (did that with GTA SA, and I got my copy of GTA VC like 3 months before release. They had the prerelease copies :D).

Seriously, I've never ever had an issue with them :(

O:  Lucky.  I've preordered a couple games there and I either got them on the release date or the day after.  =[
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 04:13:49 am »
The only issue i've ever had with gamestop is years back when I bought a game from there and paid full price for it, it turned out to be a used game and it still worked fine however it was clearly used. :/
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 04:52:40 am »
  • I almost has over 9000 everything!
They actually had a Gamestop story on one of the things on 20/20 last night. Apparently a guy bought a defective PS3 and when he tried to exchange it they claimed it was stolen because the serial numbers didn't match (Gamestop's fault). It took like 2 letters for them to finally exchange it.

Personally for me, I haven't had any trouble, but I also haven't been there in a while (I mean like a year or more).

• Puyo Nexus
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 08:58:36 am »
Oh my god, I know what you mean. I went to GameStop the day after the Wii was released and they were sold out! Can you believe those idiots? I'm never shopping there again!

</sarcasm>
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:31 am »
I think that GameStop has a bad PC selection here. It's basically 6 columns with 10 shelves. Yeah, it holds a lot of games, but mostly stupid casual stuff like mystery point-and-clicks and Dirty Dancing: Official Movie Game (I think it's 4 dollars)
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:37 pm »
I went to go trade in 10 PS3 games at Gamestop. Two of them were sealed, six were within six months old and the other four were within the year at most. They told me that they would give me 65 dollars. Uhm. I think not. Gamestop is pretty lame. I go to this independently owned used game store in my area. They have everything new and old.
  • My Photostream

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 05:23:50 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Yeah Gamestop can be really annoying sometimes. 

This topic made me think of this:

The scary thing is it is so possible.  XD

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 01:00:51 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I think that GameStop has a bad PC selection here. It's basically 6 columns with 10 shelves. Yeah, it holds a lot of games, but mostly stupid casual stuff like mystery point-and-clicks and Dirty Dancing: Official Movie Game (I think it's 4 dollars)
The GameStop where I live has NO pc games, none at all.  Kinda sucks if all you have is a computer.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:47 pm »
Only problem i have had is the outrageous prices you would get if you trade in games.

Lmfao at the Battletoads thing. And true to the outrageous trade-in prices.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 11:17:44 pm »

Lmfao at the Battletoads thing. And true to the outrageous trade-in prices.
Gamecrazy FTW.

The only good thing with my Gamestop over Gamecrazy is that Gamestop has older PC games that people never bought from time to time.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 02:02:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well; I'm going to put this to the test. I just put in my preorder for Guitar Hero: Metallica, and they said I can pick it up on the 28th at midnight. We'll see what happens :p
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 06:37:55 am »
Well; I'm going to put this to the test. I just put in my preorder for Guitar Hero: Metallica, and they said I can pick it up on the 28th at midnight. We'll see what happens :p

Well, in doing so you've recognized the secret to getting anything out of Gamestop: preorder your games.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 78 queries.

anything