Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Stuff  (Read 2815 times)

Some Stuff
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:00:58 pm »
SMF 2.0.1 Upgrade

The forum has been upgraded to SMF 2.0.1. An old backup version of the forum can be found at www.zfgc.com/old/index.php. The old version of the forum will be phased out over time and is kept mainly as an access point to the old project/resource systems - the forum content is otherwise completely converted in for this version of SMF. If you are experiencing any errors, please post them in Feedback.

Minish/Vaati Themes

The Minish theme is an upgraded and simplified Kokiri theme that was the default of the SMF 1.1.15. The Vaati theme is a shifted and inverted version of the Minish theme for those who like dark themes. The Vaati theme will be modified in the future so that its CSS is more consistent, and some of the SMF default images will be lightly adapated to be more Zelda in theme (e.g. instead of the square block head, it'll be a Link head).

Future Site

The idea of having a site is being shifted into having an expanded forum system. Instead of there being a site homepage, the forum index may be converted into having project/resource updates in a box where the current News box is located. Additionally the project/resource system may be either adjusted and converted from Windy's system or rewritten integrated into the SMF forum code itself. Both ideas may take some time.

Advisor Rank

The Advisor rank as one that is publicly shown is being removed. Those who were advisors still have administrator permissions so the Advisor rank itself was really just a status one. Additinally, Windy and metallica48423 are now listed as Managers because of Windy's work on technical stuff and metallica48423 being the future host provider.

Member Post Ranks

I removed them all and just left a Member rank. There may future member post ranks in the future which might allow for things like being able to moderate your own topics if you have over a certain amount of posts. SmF 2.0 allows for new group based rank settings where membership may be requestable - future ranks may tend to be requestable for things like team projects.
Re: Some Stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:20:04 am »
Some Attachment Errors

In the process of cleaning up the files on the site prior to doing a future host transfer, some of the files located in attachments were lost (even in a backup). These seem to be mostly some avatars with most files still being there, with the process of creating the backup and moving the directory having to deal with so many files that the server may have goofed - it could have been my fault too, I don't know. On a positive note though, all attachment references on the forum are now valid and attachments that are no longer referenced were removed.

Sorry for any inconveniences.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:52:26 am by 4Sword »

thestig

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:10:22 pm »
In the personal messages, when clicking on any entry(the list of messages), the browser window doesn't take me down to the message as it's supposed to. This definitely isn't an SMF-related error because I've repeatedly worked on SMF2.x stable installations and none of these were reproducable on any other production system I have access to. This applies to both themes you have installed. The fix would be related to the templates, in the HTML. Since you're the sole web developer, I'll just leave out the details in how you could fix this since you can probably figure it out on your own.

If however you CAN'T fix the problem yourself, then I'll happily point you in the right direction to the fix.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted here forgetting that this isn't a new topic. Oh well, is it alright if I post bug reports here?

EDIT #2: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?action=who Please add some padding between each entry in Users Online... it's an eyesore looking at the list as it currently is... :S Or maybe pick a better alternating color? (this applies to both Minish and Vaati themes)

EDIT #3: I take it back for the Who's Online on Minish.. it actually looks fine on that. But, make the border color darker or remove it + add padding like I said. 3px top and bottom should do you justice.

EDIT #4: Add some padding on child quotes please.
i.e.
parent
child
See what I mean? Apply it left/right and as for how much, that depends on how you want it. The parent quote seems fine, but the child seems too "squashed" in.

EDIT #5: You forgot to change some colors.

http://i.imgur.com/D7xFL.png
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:45:16 pm by thestig »
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »
Thanks for finding the error, I had left out the anchoring when converting the post display formatting to work with the personal message file. I also fixed the color error you pointed out for the Vaati theme. I will look into the rest later.

thestig

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:23:39 am »
Thanks for finding the error, I had left out the anchoring when converting the post display formatting to work with the personal message file. I also fixed the color error you pointed out for the Vaati theme. I will look into the rest later.
Woo! You win brownie points from me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 46 queries.