Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Engine- DEMO 1.0B  (Read 15981 times)

Giverny

Christ on Acid
Re: ZFGC Engine- DEMO 1.0B
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 01:04:20 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
We all know that. This beta demo is to test sword, jump, roll, PRS, and others. The main  Demo One release will have an actual good test room. It will also feature the spin attack, and posibly poking and jabbing. Also, I may have mentioned this before, but I plan for it to be posible to hold on to the edge of a cliff, and use some items.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 01:28:32 am »
  • Life is Terminal, =)
You had mentioned that, but I had forgotten about it.  It sounds like a nice idea though.
  • The Void
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:31 am »
Well, why is the sword so slow? Can you speed it up?
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 02:32:44 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
First, make sure it aint your computer, second, it is slow, but only a bit, and that will also be fixed.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 12:46:02 am »
First, make sure it aint your computer, second, it is slow, but only a bit, and that will also be fixed.

Time based updating would assure it's not his computer.
  • My Myspace?

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 01:42:39 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
It is by framerate
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2008, 02:10:00 am »
It is by framerate

Eh. That's iffy to go with that in all your systems, but best of luck!
  • My Myspace?
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2008, 03:42:52 am »
  • Life is Terminal, =)
Well, 60 FPS is the standard i do believe(not sure what the engine is running at), but I assume that it is 60 or 30, so it should fit fine.  I thought that the sword was slow, but thought nothing of it.
  • The Void
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2008, 04:36:49 pm »
Well, 60 FPS is the standard i do believe(not sure what the engine is running at), but I assume that it is 60 or 30, so it should fit fine.  I thought that the sword was slow, but thought nothing of it.

That's if you cap the frames, or vsync or the sort. Again, I'm not familiar with game maker, but I'm sure there's a way to do that, yes. However, I'd never want to cap someones frames, (unless they specifically turned on vsync.) And what if all of a sudden the processor gets some other crazy, time sensitive job, and your frames drop to 5? That happens all the time, for most people. You don't want your game to suddenly become unplayable.

That's why you'd rather do something with time based updating instead of frame based;

Frame based:
Code: [Select]
position += 1; //moves 1 every frame.
//at 30 fps, you'll move 30 units a second.
//but at 5 fps, you're only be moving 5.

Code: [Select]
position += 30 * deltaTime; //moves 30 every 1 second (or depends on how you measure time)
//at 30 fps, you'll move 30 units a second.
//and at 5 fps, you're still going to move 30 units a second.
  • My Myspace?

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008, 05:42:12 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Thats why the game is set to highest priority, so while your mouse isn't responding, the game will be fine.

I will try to add your code technique in anyways, cause its awsome :p.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global

gm112

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 05:32:27 am »
Thats why the game is set to highest priority, so while your mouse isn't responding, the game will be fine.

I will try to add your code technique in anyways, cause its awsome :p.
That's a horrible method to do. You should take nitz's advice and learn the theory of Delta Timing, Render Tweening, and Interpolation. They're all linked basically.. And it's not that hard to do. It'll update the game depending on the CPU instead of doing it in frame intervals(which is definitely more CPU intensive).  By the way, why am I listed in the credits when I haven't even contributed to the project? I asked for the source code so that I could help, you said you'd send it, and nothing was sent. Not to sound mean or anything and my apologize to the mods for posting on a semi-old topic.
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 07:06:36 am »
gamemaker is terrible when trying to work with time. You're pretty much limited to timing things by using frames.
and nitz, in gamemaker you set a room speed that the framerate will never go over, but it has a bad habit of always going under. In other words, the program makes you cap the framerate, because that's one of the only ways to measure time.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

gm112

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:30 am »
gamemaker is terrible when trying to work with time. You're pretty much limited to timing things by using frames.
and nitz, in gamemaker you set a room speed that the framerate will never go over, but it has a bad habit of always going under. In other words, the program makes you cap the framerate, because that's one of the only ways to measure time.
GameMaker sucks with managing time o-o? Wow.. You'd think it wouldn't. That sucks horribly, really.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 02:28:43 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Oh, yes. I knew I forgot about something.
Also, this project isnt frozen or stopped. I am still working on a certain component of it now.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2008, 08:45:47 pm »

There is a DLL floating around the GMC forums that includes some useful tools for delta timing, if anyone is interested. I think it's by the member "Yourself".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 67 queries.