Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with a sprite  (Read 960 times)

Help with a sprite
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:43:40 pm »
Hi all, I've recently been trying my hand at spriting. I've started making Zelda, and I was wondering what you think of it? It's only an outline atm; there's no shading and the colour scheme is EXTREMELY basic.
I'm happy with her dress, but any help with the head and shoulders would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Help with a sprite
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:23:53 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Okay, well, firstly: www.imageshack.org

It's not a bad sprite (especially for a second attempt), except it's a little bit more pixel art than it is a sprite. It's a little bit of both, I guess, and through that, this means I'll be able to criticize in both areas. Sorry :P.

As a sprite, it's obviously not done. It needs a little more colour, a little more character. It also doesn't really look like Zelda as of yet, but I guess that's because you've yet to add details. I hope that's not her right arm crossing over her chest, because it doesn't really look like an arm at all... you should probably have her arm going down by her side. If that is indeed a breast then  you're going to need to put less emphasis on it. Her anatomy is mostly fine but I think you should bring her shoulder a little more forward, as it's going back just a little too far. I also think you should use a different outlining technique, as it all seems very spikey. Her hair and her nose is also bothering me a little bit, I think they need to be thought out again.

Otherwise it's great.

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 10:31:25 pm »
Thanks for the constructive critique. That isn't an arm; in fact, she doesn't have any arms as of yet. I'll try reducing the emphasis on the shoulder and breast and see what I can do. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:38:47 pm »
it seems like shes leaning backwards to show off her massive boobs. im sorry, is this Zelda or Tifa? >_>
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 10:42:45 pm »
  • Silly cat!
People often overemphasize breasts for their own reasons :P. The way you sprited her chest sort of had the breasts go out a little further then they should have. In your sprite, her beasts extend far beyond her face... which is completely unnatural. I'll use drawing to explain what I mean...

I know these are drawings and you're spriting, but both rely on anatomy :P. These was the only picture I could find:

The person in this drawing is sort of doing what your Zelda sprite is doing. She's pushing forward her body. But the breasts in this drawing are correct. You should err, study them ;P.

The top left drawing in that second image might help you with your shoulder problem too (the other 3 drawings won't really help you too much).

Hope I helped .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:44:16 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 48 queries.

anything