Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dead] Zelda: Oracle of Life  (Read 496293 times)

Re: [WIP] Zelda: Oracle of Life - Sunday Release
« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2006, 03:05:39 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Probably because you're looking at it in IE. It's a transparent .PNG and IE doesn't handle those at all without being specifically told to by the website. IE's .png support has not been implemented here as-of-yet.

[edit] Wow! It is REALLY nasty-looking in IE... I mean, REALLY nasty :x Yay for Firefox :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:08:06 am by Alex2539 »
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

TeenLink2D

« Reply #421 on: May 06, 2006, 03:55:53 am »
Ahhh, last time I've been here was when RTM and OOT2D was running rapid by fans. Anyway, nice screenshots! Kinda remind me of Graal, but this is better and free!  Didn't wanna read through 29 pages, so when do you expect a public beta test to take place?
« Reply #422 on: May 06, 2006, 04:11:48 am »
  • Huzzowee!
You don't have to read everything, but you ought to at least skim the pages so that you might pick a thing or two up. It has been stated that demo 1 will be for beta-testers only and will arrive on June 1st (no, there are no more spot to test). Demo 2 will be public and more advanced. It will come at a later date.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2006, 04:29:21 am »
  • puck you
I've played Diablo 2 before and know how it feels to get your items robbed, money dropped, etc. , there will be no robbing in OoL.

Hehe, item "Link's Pointy Ear"

After Demo 1 has been released, there will most probably be alot of updates, since the exams will be over 'n' all. Meaning others can test it too :) (I think.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:31:56 am by Weapon »
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2006, 05:45:22 am »
Relax i have no intention of hecking it, i was just curious how easy it would be.  Also why are you using TCP O_o, why not UDP, that would be a LOT faster if you have an mmorpg scale of players online.

Anyway just to ask again how abstracted are your messages? Because if your just ignoring message with an invalid id, then theres still a HUGE amount of loop holes, for instance you could quite easily modify a message saying something like "set speed 5" to "Set speed 1000", or when your in a completly different map from another player you could send "Trade item 1 between players 2 and 5". ...etc...etc
Look helios, I know you're an expert, but do not comment on my work code-wise. I have been working long enough to know these things...
the a o d c
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2006, 08:49:55 am »
  • puck you
Look helios, I know you're an expert, but do not comment on my work code-wise. I have been working long enough to know these things...

Oo... It's on!
If OoL gets hacked even once, it's Ctrl + A + Del for everyone and it won't be for a very, very long time that we'll get back on the project. - (Meaning until we finish school.)

Swordsman skills are yet to be finished... But you'll love them!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:12:48 am by Weapon »
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2006, 09:39:53 am »
You mean ctrl + A :P

And we aren't as stiff as we sound. Helios - I am sort of targeting ya, sorry bout that. I wont anymore, just dont comment on my coding ;)
the a o d c
« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2006, 10:02:41 am »
Alright, I won't ask, just my curiousity, and trying to show you any holes you will need to fill.

Still friends?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:01:02 pm by Helios »
« Reply #428 on: May 06, 2006, 07:56:56 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Probably because you're looking at it in IE. It's a transparent .PNG and IE doesn't handle those at all without being specifically told to by the website. IE's .png support has not been implemented here as-of-yet.

[edit] Wow! It is REALLY nasty-looking in IE... I mean, REALLY nasty :x Yay for Firefox :D
I am using firefox. :o

What could be wrong with it then.  :-\
« Reply #429 on: May 07, 2006, 12:33:57 am »
Alright, I won't ask, just my curiousity, and trying to show you any holes you will need to fill.

Still friends?
If we have holes, and you find em, report em ;) Of course we're still friends. You r0x0rz my s0x0rz!

From now on, my posts will be role-playing styled when updates or changes are made. This is for MY benefit, and yours to understand it more.

Zelonion Guard Announcement (Year 2):
The Boss was taken by a masked man, and no villagers have seen him since Year 1. We suspect his return, as he still has a room reserved in Zelonion Inn. Please be on the lookout for him, and report any Dodongo sightings to your nearest Guard.

- Guard: Zelonion Maze (C).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:28:23 am by AoDC »
the a o d c

TKM

A 7-ton chicken that would eat Colonel Sanders
« Reply #430 on: May 07, 2006, 12:43:40 pm »
  • Chippy is more of a gopher than you'll ever be.
Relax i have no intention of hecking it, i was just curious how easy it would be.  Also why are you using TCP O_o, why not UDP, that would be a LOT faster if you have an mmorpg scale of players online.

Anyway just to ask again how abstracted are your messages? Because if your just ignoring message with an invalid id, then theres still a HUGE amount of loop holes, for instance you could quite easily modify a message saying something like "set speed 5" to "Set speed 1000", or when your in a completly different map from another player you could send "Trade item 1 between players 2 and 5". ...etc...etc

don't take it so hard. he's just had so many failed projects himself, he's just looking for ways to actually make his programming know-how worth something

hehe, just kidding Helios. Kinda
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.
« Reply #431 on: May 07, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »

don't take it so hard. he's just had so many failed projects himself, he's just looking for ways to actually make his programming know-how worth something

hehe, just kidding Helios. Kinda

Low-blow, low-blow.

Wow, i just lost a lot of respect for you. I was just curious how he was doing it, since you've never programmed anything worth jack in your life i dought you would understand why.

And as an added not, just because i dont post most of my finished projects here dosent mean i dont complete them (here for instance - http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=57520, http://zfgc.com/index.php/topic,1414.0.htmlhttp://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=52860 ..etc ...etc).

I dont appreciate your trying to take a dig at me, ive never done anything against you. If you dont have anything good to say please dont bother saying anything at all, i have enough !@#$% to deal with.

@AoDc: Sorry if im spamming your topic a bit, but i couldn't let that pass.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:14:39 pm by Helios »
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2006, 05:30:04 am »
No problem Helios. You are an expert (Your Zelda Online, GoN (Which I composed for, remember?), ZGM/RGD, etc). Its only fair you defend yourself ^_^.

edit: On topic;
~ Zelonion Inn is officially open for business. Ploray Inn and Ploray bank are opening soon.
~ room2room v5 is being worked on (The room code... Its better everytime!)
~ Guards now guard exits, and doors work (Click to use either, collision is annoying...)
~ _findme command added, returns XY.
~ _code command added, which executes code (Admins only. Just for fun or quick bug fixes.)
~ CTRL key to stop player moving (Auto path sometimes makes you spin grr.)
~ Archers now have Blonde hair to match other classes.
~ Hovering to see NPC names now.
~ Added 2 Violin players and a Pianist in Zelonion Inn. Need 2 more NPCs...

Thats what I worked on during the exams at school... and now. I got bored after finishign the exam :/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:13:40 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2006, 01:22:48 am »

New shots. Zelonion Inn yay! (Creds to Kren). It was too good to go to waist!
the a o d c
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2006, 01:25:27 am »
  • =/
Looks nice. Can you just walk through doors or are they click and go in?
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2006, 01:34:30 am »
Click. I find it easier... alot easier. Guards are clearly clck to talk also ^_^. Thanks for the post.
the a o d c
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2006, 02:13:22 am »
Questions:

1). Is the fighting click based or normal sword swinging, like LTTP?
2). Is this GM6 or GM5 (I actually have no idea)?
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2006, 02:29:13 am »
1) Click based. Less lag ^_^.
2) GameMaker 6.1 (+Soc 3.1) =)
the a o d c
« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2006, 02:48:15 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
when will the public release come out?
I heard it about somewhere.. I dunno...
and I havn't been here much, is something new?

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2006, 02:58:38 am »
WYSIWYG.

The public demo will be the same as the tester demo, just with bug fixes (If there are any) and character creation.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 74 queries.

anything