Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 166   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dead] Zelda: Oracle of Life  (Read 496818 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: [WIP] Zelda: Oracle of Life - Sunday Release
« Reply #520 on: May 18, 2006, 09:27:11 am »
  • .越//
;D there's really no way that the game cancelled on it self ( / by the team )...

1. a big team
2. a talented team
3. an active team
4. very good progress
5. nintendo's busy with nintendo wii xD / as long as they dont cancel, there's no problem

so thats my opinion... OoL is now a game how a Zelda-MMOPG should be...

Wha? We aren't a big team, it's a 3 man team, heh - As for the spells, I suggested ATK/DEF/MAG stats have an effect on the spells, but if not, there should be a ranking/levels of the spells, to make it stronger.

oh... i thought of it because of the credit list... ( its huge... ).. anyway the other points are right ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2006, 10:29:46 am »
mm... I did alot of theory work for OoL today on ways to reduce lag... and other things. I noticed I had to do this, when playing with Weapon. He was downloading something, and he had slow message sending. I then knew that it could be better. So, tomorrow after school I will work on this. Also, PVP. By the way, I will refer to PVP as "The Arena" from now on. It is a small arena... and anybody can walk in and be slaughtered instantly. Its just fun to walk in and say "omfg.... pwned." Back to theory work!
the a o d c
« Reply #522 on: May 18, 2006, 10:35:12 am »
  • puck you
Haha, thanks yue, it's you people who keeps us going - after all, a game is nothing without fans and players (another saying: Gods are nothing without the followers).

And as for The Arena, it's a rectangle with 2 main rooms and a bridge in the middle, the action will be intense and close since The Arena will be enclosed, it's a small arena too. More update on progress later;
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #523 on: May 18, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
  • n___n
My suggestion:

For each skill (Blade/Archer/Magic/Summoner/Preist) you can level up when you gain enough experience. You gain experience by (attacking/shooting/casting/summoning/praying) successfully on an enemy/self. And, when you level up, your attack power/defense resistance/accuracy increase a little bit, and each skill can reach level 100. There should be milestones in these level ups, too. For example, reaching lvls 25, 50, 75 and 100 should get you a reward or something, like...the ability to attack/shoot in midjump, or to have a bonus of more frequent critical hits, or something. :|

And for tradeskills, it's the same way. Example: (tradeskills in bold)

Gathering fruits and herbs and flowers to make into a potion (alchemy) and then selling (bartering) it to a store to make some money.

Skills can reach level 100 and when you hit the 25, 50 and 75 levels, special rewards should be given to the player as a type of motivation.
Example: Level 25 in Mining: you can now mine ores faster than other players below level 25.
Level 50 in Mining: Any ores you gather from rock deposits can be sold for more money than they normally were worth.
Level 75: You can choose specifically what ores you wish to mine for in a rock deposits.
Level 100: You now gather 2x the amount of ores from a rock deposit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:09:59 am by araknidkid »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #524 on: May 18, 2006, 11:28:57 am »
  • .越//
i have an idea for "THE ARENA" couldnt it be a dungeon like "THE PRISON" from lttp? so that "criminals" kill each other.... or maybe a prison-dungeon is an entrance to the arena...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2006, 11:36:24 am »
My suggestion:

For each skill (Blade/Archer/Magic/Summoner/Preist) you can level up when you gain enough experience. You gain experience by (attacking/shooting/casting/summoning/praying) successfully on an enemy/self. And, when you level up, your attack power/defense resistance/accuracy increase a little bit, and each skill can reach level 100. There should be milestones in these level ups, too. For example, reaching lvls 25, 50, 75 and 100 should get you a reward or something, like...the ability to attack/shoot in midjump, or to have a bonus of more frequent critical hits, or something. :|

And for tradeskills, it's the same way. Example: (tradeskills in bold)

Gathering fruits and herbs and flowers to make into a potion (alchemy) and then selling (bartering) it to a store to make some money.

Skills can reach level 100 and when you hit the 25, 50 and 75 levels, special rewards should be given to the player as a type of motivation.
Example: Level 25 in Mining: you can now mine ores faster than other players below level 25.
Level 50 in Mining: Any ores you gather from rock deposits can be sold for more money than they normally were worth.
Level 75: You can choose specifically what ores you wish to mine for in a rock deposits.
Level 100: You now gather 2x the amount of ores from a rock deposit.
We will work these things out when Demo 1 is done. We've no time for it now (schedule :/)

i have an idea for "THE ARENA" couldnt it be a dungeon like "THE PRISON" from lttp? so that "criminals" kill each other.... or maybe a prison-dungeon is an entrance to the arena...
Well, its just an arena to test your skills against other players. Wouldnt it be nice to be crowned "King of the Arena"? Plus you earn money from kills...

Edit: Finished the recode. The ping is reduced greatly. Now all I have to do, is finish Arena code and update account files.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:03:16 pm by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #526 on: May 18, 2006, 12:22:39 pm »
  • puck you
We will open a suggestion box after main stuff are done, and we're a bit short to meet the deadline yet. We'd love to hear your suggestions, but let us finish what we have to first, thanks :)
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2006, 12:35:55 am »
It must be hard having one coder and one spriter. If you ever need help, I'll be here to help speed things up.

I love being a coder.
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2006, 06:01:33 am »
No code needs ;)

OK, ping reduced by 20. It doesnt matter for me, but dialuppers, it did. Now I have to convert all the account fiels (yay :/).

Respond when its alld one.

BTW: Any Personal Message created files please update with an e-mail for better communication.
the a o d c
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2006, 06:19:34 am »
Hey il hop on msn.
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2006, 07:17:32 am »
OK abcgum09 and I did some server testing and it worked. I found some errors (my fault...) and took out a stupid connection thing. Yay! *Whips self* back to work.

edit: new chatbox and wip pvp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 08:24:01 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2006, 11:02:59 am »
  • n___n
Cool new screen.

...But, THAT'S where the fighting takes place? Inside a house? Aallllrighty then. =P
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2006, 02:57:04 am »
Well, ill ask Hero of Fire to tile an arena. That house is just a default...
the a o d c
« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2006, 11:45:46 am »
you need some rocking arena, maybe the legend of zelda arena! (yeah, i made a pun, and only like one person will get it.).

Anyway. Game is looking good, stop teasing me AoDC.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Linker

« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2006, 03:09:39 pm »
Hmmmm... this sounds like a good game....

I'm not sure what I'll be...

I really like magic... but then again I like Green Tunics more...

Maybe it was my crazy idea that in OOT I shouldn't wear anything but the green tunic...

Magic vs. Green Tunics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TKM

A 7-ton chicken that would eat Colonel Sanders
« Reply #535 on: May 20, 2006, 05:08:01 pm »
  • Chippy is more of a gopher than you'll ever be.
so, how much more needs to be done between the release of demo1 and the release of the first public demo?
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2006, 12:37:12 am »
OK here it is. I havent got enough time to finish everything. I will be releasing the demo as 0.9. I will have as much as possible... But I havent the time. So far, Summoners have 13 Summons and all other classes have nothing. I will do as much as possible, but it needs to come out as it is at that time. Its better anyway, testing is the rox.

Updates soon.
the a o d c
« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2006, 01:13:52 am »
SUGGESTION:

Dunno if you already hava a prison, but... You should have a prison and have it so it's not soo bad if you're in there. Also make it so prisioners can fight each other AND the guards if they want. (guards should be AI)
That way, all the prisiioners could plan a big prision riot and use thier numbers against the guards and escape. :) That'd be fun. Just make it so theres "rules" in the world and people have to follow them or else you could get chased down by a guard and arrested.

If you need any other ideas, let me know... ;)
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2006, 01:20:36 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Someone's been watching "Prison Break' ;D (good show, btw)

"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #539 on: May 21, 2006, 01:24:49 am »
Someone's been watching "Prison Break' ;D (good show, btw)

Actually, a friend told me about it once, but I never watched it before... o_O lol
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 166   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 74 queries.