Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic  (Read 61007 times)

Iron Knuckles ARE Gerudo
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 05:36:06 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FquUiAHcNbw
the guy used cheats to see "inside" the enemies helmet to see if it was true, and it was. Even though the helmet didn´t come off ingame.

Now, while looking on iron knuckle videous I realized thet the swing we have is not accurate to the actual swing. Ours spins it, while the OoT one turne so one side and then with its right hand slashes TWICE. Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBokaaRPco8

The walking animation is good though :3

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Iron Knuckles ARE Gerudo
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 06:41:22 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBokaaRPco8

Are we also going to include a "blocking" animation for the Iron Knuckle? Because they can block with their axes.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Re: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Lightning Attack (< where does it come from? an axe swing/slam or extra?)

I don't think we ever established it.  We can reuse the axe swing animation to save some work.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: Iron Knuckles ARE Gerudo
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 01:53:55 pm »
  • .越//
the guy used cheats to see "inside" the enemies helmet to see if it was true, and it was. Even though the helmet didn´t come off ingame.

Well, yeah? That's where the Screenshots i posted came from (the actual model) and what the latest Gerudo Head was based of.

But since the Leadership of the Game doesn't want that, it is now archived for (maybe) later use i guess...

also:
I want to get basic functionality in the game first, and then maybe later we can think about making a Gerudo the driving force of the Iron Knuckles. However, I really don't believe in this theory: I truly believe they reused the model of Nabooru as a base to save on assets.

that really can be! i mean, yes a gerudo iron knuckle looks cool, thats why i made it, but what does a gerudo warrior make in the water dungeon fully armed! thats like letting an enemy soldier walk the streets with a machine gun.

and:
Quote from:  Zelda Wiki
This is likely because the scene that follows the defeat of Nabooru as a Iron Knuckle shows her armor falling off, with a stunned expression on her face, and all Iron Knuckles use the same body model with slightly different outer armor. Though this head was removed from Ocarina of Time 3D, their body type is still present as it was in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. In fact, the Gerudo body is more visible, allowing to clearly see the chest of a Gerudo when the armor falls off, something that seems to be deliberately done as the head was removed from the model.

So i think we make the "base" Iron Knuckle first and when thats done, they can make the mechanics and will be more open to suggestions on the Gerudo Side

Now, while looking on iron knuckle videous I realized thet the swing we have is not accurate to the actual swing. Ours spins it, while the OoT one turne so one side and then with its right hand slashes TWICE. Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBokaaRPco8

The walking animation is good though :3

So w/o naked knuckle and attacks we have less than nothing :D

Lightning Attack (< where does it come from? an axe swing/slam or extra?)

I don't think we ever established it.  We can reuse the axe swing animation to save some work.

It says "A long range lightning attack similar to Agahnim's attack in lttp" i would suggest that she has some stance showing that she is about to attack an "heavy energy" attack (maybe shading her blue or giving lite bolt effects around the body) . when she swings after that there will be several "lightning balls" along the swing which the player can reflect.

just not as many as in "enter the gungeon" lol

if we redo the axe swing like brad suggested, we can reuse the old swing as the heavy lightning swing

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »
i would suggest that she has some stance showing that she is about to attack an "heavy energy" attack (maybe shading her blue or giving lite bolt effects around the body) . when she swings after that there will be several "lightning balls" along the swing which the player can reflect.

Totes agree, an indication of some sort is definitely necessary.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Quote from: SpritingBrad on Today at 05:36:06 am

Well, yeah? That's where the Screenshots i posted came from (the actual model) and what the latest Gerudo Head was based of.

But since the Leadership of the Game doesn't want that, it is now archived for (maybe) later use i guess...

One day, you guys will understand development practices and just what lengths we will go to to save asset space, and that everything is not actually a conspiracy theory.

Also "Leadership of the Game" damn that sounds might official. Should we keep using that, Steve?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2016, 02:41:32 pm »
sounds like a good title to me, lmfao

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2016, 03:27:29 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
New series coming out called LOTG. The first installment:

LEADERSHIP OF THE GAME: Anti-Aliasing and the Search for the Subpixel
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:29:01 pm by LorentzChronon »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2016, 06:14:46 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

LEADERSHIP OF THE GAME: The Conspiracy of the Gerudo Iron Knuckles
Iron knuckle new attack animation
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2016, 06:27:17 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted a more accurate attack slash animation, I think it looks good, but it can be improved I think.
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2016, 07:02:23 pm »
Dude that's freakin' sexy.  The range is better as well!

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2016, 07:07:20 pm »
  • Personal Saucier

LEADERSHIP OF THE GAME: The Conspiracy of the Gerudo Iron Knuckles
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:35 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOnC-a2DlY&feature=youtu.be/[youtube]
I knew that the iron knuckles loose their armour. It just wasn't in OoT but Majoras mask.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:43:01 pm by 4ndaKava »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOnC-a2DlY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOnC-a2DlY</a>
I knew that the iron knuckles loose their armour. It just wasn't in OoT but Majoras mask.
The theory discussion could therefore change into "are the Iron Knuckles in Termina Gerudo? or ghosts (because of Ikana's curse)?" but let's stay away from that.

On topic: do we want to mimic Majora's Mask's Iron Knuckles, then, by using two stages in an Iron Knuckle battle? Or could that be used just for the sake of the Miniboss in the Zora region's dungeon?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:32:38 pm by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2016, 11:58:43 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOnC-a2DlY&feature=youtu.be/[youtube]

Thanks for confirming! Admittedly I just kinda grabbed a clip at work and hoped for the best.
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:35 am »
I think loosing the armour should be included, as this will give more variation to the battle.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
  • .越//
I think loosing the armour should be included, as this will give more variation to the battle.

As seen here: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39636.0

This means that the charge mode (see below) is activated by the loss of their armor, not by damage taken.

its already established  >:D

Ontopic:
I'll view into improving the sideview, making the upview and new naked knuckles this evening

edit: i came earlier to do some spriting... introducing to you: proper sideview!

edit2: NOW i know why they don't want us to find out!!! ;-)

edit3: upside, the less sexy klunky head "Naked Knuckle" and the conspiracy team

note: the chopped horns and the undergarnment are a rendition from the MM video

edit4:
The Less Sexy Klunky Head NAKED KNUCKLE and the CONSPIRACY TEAM

sounds like some kind of band :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:11:14 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Iron knuckle Side attack animation
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2016, 10:13:10 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I gave this a shot! I think it looks good, what about you guys?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2016, 05:20:25 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
As hard as it may seem...I think I can't help but mention it, even though it would require an interesting task.

I am of the opinion that the attack animations really need "motion blurs" on the axe-heads.

The sideways attack animation bring it to light that the motion is sketchy. I know Iron Knuckles are supposed to be strong, strong enough to lift their heavy axes. So why is it that they can swing it with relative ease based on where they are holding the pole/arm? Simple physics: it would be highly inefficient. And yes, it IS something that would look strange if the whole thing was animated right now.
Unless a visual cue was given that this axe is being swung with great force. Which, currently, it isn't.
So I have to suggest the "motion blur" effect in some of the animation frames. It would alleviate the problem.

Iron Knuckle Axe Motion Blur
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2016, 02:17:40 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
As hard as it may seem...I think I can't help but mention it, even though it would require an interesting task.

I am of the opinion that the attack animations really need "motion blurs" on the axe-heads.

The sideways attack animation bring it to light that the motion is sketchy. I know Iron Knuckles are supposed to be strong, strong enough to lift their heavy axes. So why is it that they can swing it with relative ease based on where they are holding the pole/arm? Simple physics: it would be highly inefficient. And yes, it IS something that would look strange if the whole thing was animated right now.
Unless a visual cue was given that this axe is being swung with great force. Which, currently, it isn't.
So I have to suggest the "motion blur" effect in some of the animation frames. It would alleviate the problem.
Hmm, like this?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 75 queries.

anything