Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: *WIP* TP Link (American style)  (Read 3957 times)

*WIP* TP Link (American style)
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:00:07 pm »
To start with, I never drew something in American style (American style = Superman, Spiderman, X-man and other comics like that) so it looks kinda weird.

I drew this at school, I didn't have an example picture of link so it may not look really like the TP link :P And I am too lazy for making the master sword (also for the reason that I have no example picture).

Work in progress, It takes a lot of time... will be updated soon.

edit:

Comments please, Please don't complain about the style because I call it American because of the same way how people call Manga.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:38:58 pm by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
Re: *WIP* TP Link (American style)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:14:04 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
Its ok, but his eyes are definitely too big for 'american' style.
Helios did it.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:11:27 pm »
This definitely isn't "American Style." "American Style," as you put it, uses correct anatomy and realistic proportions. Your head and eyes are too large, and the body too small. It would also probably have a more dynamic pose. And it definitely wouldn't have pillow shading.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
This definitely isn't "American Style." "American Style," as you put it, uses correct anatomy and realistic proportions. Your head and eyes are too large, and the body too small. It would also probably have a more dynamic pose. And it definitely wouldn't have pillow shading.
I never drew in this style before, maybe it's more "Manga Fusion" a fusion between Manga and American.
  • Virtual Security

speeuwiuner

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:20:24 pm »
it iisn´t awsome .. but it´s okay

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:10:13 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
america doesn't have it's own style!! we're the third or fourth largest country in the world and you think we all have the same style?  and also giving dc and marvel as examples wasn't very good seeing as both companies have many varying styles according to the hundreds of artists both of them have employed.  and i know you mean manga as " japanese comics", but i can't help but laugh at your manga fusion comic considering what you give as definition for american style.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:13 pm »
and i know you mean manga as " japanese comics", but i can't help but laugh at your manga fusion comic considering what you give as definition for american style.
erm, the same way as people say "manga style". Just like that manga has many kinds of styles and people still call them "manga" that's why I call it american style. And " but i can't help but laugh at your manga fusion comic", I never said COMIC, or else you are blind and don't know what the difference is between a comic or art. If you're laughing for something I didn't said or the fact that you're blind you're also very lifeless. Please shut up.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:27:27 pm »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
This seems more like the style of that horrid Storm Hawks show on CN
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:35:13 pm »
Yeah the drawing structure does, except that I've added line shading and computer shading like Marvel's comics.

And eh, first post modified. I just want comments for the drawing and not the style.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:37:41 pm by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:41 pm »
  • A little Alive
WOW awesome!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 09:03:58 pm »
WOW awesome!
Finaly! first comment ::) Thank you :)
  • Virtual Security

uma

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 09:20:02 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

God thats gonna' get cancelled probably 2 weeks from now. Its like they paid people to waste time and money to make the show look like baby throw up.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 09:27:07 pm »
So... DO you want us to critisize this or not?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 09:28:40 pm »
So... DO you want us to critisize this or not?
If it's about the drawing, yes, If it's about the style, no.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 11:24:26 pm »
It sure looks nice but it's defenitly not American style!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:00 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
Needs more consistent shading, and thinner outlines.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:13 am »
It sure looks nice but it's defenitly not American style!
I'm sorry but, my first post says "Please don't complain about the style"
  • Virtual Security

taarna23

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 08:59:57 am »
I don't know if this is a style complaint or not, but... You turned him into an emo kid. >.>

Okay, seriously.. hair part should be up higher, a bit less hair across the forehead, and almost none across the eyes. Shoulders need some work, they look a tad droopy and weak, and don't go with the arms, they need to be up a bit higher, with some definition in the connective muscles between shoulders and neck, a well as on the shoulders themselves. Neck might be represented as a bit to muscular.

Hope this helps, and I honestly don't mean to insult, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the image.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 09:25:00 am »
Wow, remind me to not post any of my drawing here anymore....not that I have for quite a while, but still....a bit harsh.  Nothing too bad, but harsh.

Okay anyway, while I agree with the others that this isn't really "American" style,  it's definitely not anime-esque.  That's really pretty irrelevant though, we all have our own styles and I'm pretty sure that anyone who draws likes to try out different things once in a while. 

I like it.  Although I think the hair is fine, I agree with everything else taarna23 said.  The shoulders need some definition; make them broader and held higher up.  My main critique is the neck.  It seems much too long and that's the main thing that sticks out to me.  And one last thing, before you continue with the shading, make sure you have a light source in mind for consistency.

Anyway, like I said before, I like it.  It's a good style.  Those are just some constructive critiques.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 01:20:25 pm »
Needs more consistent shading, and thinner outlines.
Consistent shading? what do you mean by that?

I don't know if this is a style complaint or not, but... You turned him into an emo kid. >.>

Okay, seriously.. hair part should be up higher, a bit less hair across the forehead, and almost none across the eyes. Shoulders need some work, they look a tad droopy and weak, and don't go with the arms, they need to be up a bit higher, with some definition in the connective muscles between shoulders and neck, a well as on the shoulders themselves. Neck might be represented as a bit to muscular.

Hope this helps, and I honestly don't mean to insult, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the image.
Yeah, I drew link very wrong. Next time I'll have an example next to me 8)

Wow, remind me to not post any of my drawing here anymore....not that I have for quite a while, but still....a bit harsh.  Nothing too bad, but harsh.

Okay anyway, while I agree with the others that this isn't really "American" style,  it's definitely not anime-esque.  That's really pretty irrelevant though, we all have our own styles and I'm pretty sure that anyone who draws likes to try out different things once in a while. 

I like it.  Although I think the hair is fine, I agree with everything else taarna23 said.  The shoulders need some definition; make them broader and held higher up.  My main critique is the neck.  It seems much too long and that's the main thing that sticks out to me.  And one last thing, before you continue with the shading, make sure you have a light source in mind for consistency.

Anyway, like I said before, I like it.  It's a good style.  Those are just some constructive critiques.
Yeah, had to drew bigger shoulders and smaller neck because I gave him many muscles he also need to have a better body form. And I'm glad you like the style.
  • Virtual Security
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 75 queries.