Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LOZ: Evil´s radiance sprite topic.  (Read 19238 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: LOZ: Darkness of Light sprite topic.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
yes I know, i used him as reference, but you are all right,and i´m sorry. I just really liked the design.

Just stop doing it and everything will be fine ;)
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
ok 酒用Star. ;)
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »
  • It's the grineer
yes I know, i used him as reference, but you are all right,and i´m sorry. I just really liked the design.

It really doesn't matter if you're using official sprites or not, you should give credit.
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I retried the design of arkanus. (this if the form of arkanus before the fight)
Re: LOZ: Evil´s radiance sprite topic.
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:54 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Here is Tryrope the firs boss of the game, DO NOT USE OR STEAL, NEVER!!

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
I can easily see that it is a frankenstein sprite, but i actually like it. Many people dont like when one uses different sprites to mash em up, (i dont like the mashed up Pokomons though) but i like this one :3
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 07:16:24 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Thanks XD it didn't take much time, and it was actually made from the gleerok sprite of MC style yust recolored and replaced.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I hope you actually drew said sprite yourself, because it has an uncanny resemblance to the original.

thestig

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 02:23:39 pm »
I retried the design of arkanus. (this if the form of arkanus before the fight)
Bares an uncanny resemblance to some frames from Vaati's animations in Minish Cap, with maybe some slight alterations. I suggest citations if you don't want to get hurt reputation and ego-wise.

thestig

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:11:57 pm »
** Double post **
got a new enemie:
This is also using Minish Cap Bush tile with a few frames from Mario & Luigi Superstars slapped ontop of it. You can even tell its literally a that by looking at how the vine just suddenly ends. I *think* some of the frames used for the bush are from when you use the Gust Jar on a bush?

It is really illegal to claim 100% credit on stuff. Cite your sources.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 03:16:17 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Malefor, please do not claim other's work as your own, even when just using it as a base.  If this happens again, further action will be taken.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Thanks guys. I haven't seen many of these before. This is outrageous, Malefor. You know what I did to get good at art? I practiced, even when I sucked, and I still feel like I suck but at least I don't copy.
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I retried the this one I forgot design of arkanus. (this if the form of arkanus before the fight)
Bares an uncanny resemblance to some frames from Vaati's animations in Minish Cap, with maybe some slight alterations. I suggest citations if you don't want to get hurt reputation and ego-wise.

-I forgot to say its body was made from vaati, I know that I have to give credit, but I was in a rush, My father was coming from far away and we where going to do a party.

** Double post **
got a new enemie:
This is also using Minish Cap Bush tile with a few frames from Mario & Luigi Superstars slapped ontop of it. You can even tell its literally a that by looking at how the vine just suddenly ends. I *think* some of the frames used for the bush are from when you use the Gust Jar on a bush?

It is really illegal to claim 100% credit on stuff. Cite your sources.

-I used the bush from the actual game and I thought I didnt have to give credit, even I AM going to give them credit on the end credits of the game.
-Second of all, I don´t even know what the hell is ´Mario and Luigi Superstars´ (I know it is a game, but I never even seen the sprites), so how would I even frame some sprites from it?
-Third of all, the vines are the vines from the actual game, the ones from Mount Crenel, you´ll see what I mean in the attachment bellow until it is approved by a moderator.

thestig

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »
It's common sense to give credit where it belongs. Whatever means you use to justify yourself doesn't change the fact that you neglected to do this. Ignorance doesn't excuse you from this, either.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that I didn't just spend a good chunk of this year rebuilding ZFGC with the current administration team out of my own precious time to let people get away with pulling stuff like this. Have some respect. The only way to earn it is to respect others. So next time, you better wise up.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:37:59 pm by gm112 »

spectrumbranch

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »

-I forgot to say its body was made from vaati, I know that I have to give credit, but I was in a rush, My father was coming from far away and we where going to do a party.

Ignorance nor lack of time are not viable defenses in a court of law.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Nice to see that you have improved on making tmc sprites. But yeah, just keep in mind when you make them, to give credit where it is due.
You don't want the guy who made them coming to here, making an account, and saying this and that because you used them and made it your own.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:05 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Malefor, let's put this into perspective. I know you've already been told, but I'm not sure you understand: how would you feel if somebody took your sprite, recolored it, and morphed it into their own? How would you feel if somebody took all of your hard work and claimed it as theirs? What if that person's more popular and gets more attention to their sprite, which is actually yours? What do you think that feels like?

It feels like !@#$%. Complete, and utter !@#$%.

Equally, how are you going to be a credible spriter if you don't do your own sprites? What happens, one day, if you actually get a job in the real world but you only managed to make a portfolio out of frankenstein sprites that aren't even yours? You're going to fail at your job, and you're going to fail hard because you wasted these learning years by taking other people's work. You may use other people's work as inspiration but come on. Let's not get too far.

Please, please, please. Let's not get into another one of these situations with you. You have potential and so much spark that it truly is a waste to see you crumble.
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 02:25:43 am »
I'm going to have to agree with what the others have said. I'll admit I have done sometime similar once in the past, but I learned it's not just uncool of me but it doesn't show my full creativity if using someone else's work. I see you wish you don't want people to use your sprites and I respect that, but you got to give the same courtesy to other spriters out there. But if you do wish to use someone else's work just ask and give credit, it's the most respectful thing to do. Otherwise it just looks like you stabbed him/her in the back, and I'm sure those weren't you intentions.

With that said, you clearly got talent, I'm no spriter, but I think you should try to improve your shading and outlining, these two skills might just help in the future. =)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:15:54 am by Shane »
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 02:32:43 am »
  • It's the grineer
Dude, if you check my thread, some are custom sprites from other's, but before doing it, I ask the one who did the original sprite. If he's okay, I go ahead and give credit. If they're from the game, I don't say I did it myself. Just showing my work. Have in mind that it's a must to give credit.
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 11:02:53 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I am so, so, sorry, and I will Take any punishment that I have to take :'(, I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL NEVER STEAL SPRITES AGAIN!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 77 queries.