Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Hyrule: Online  (Read 14253 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [WIP] Hyrule Online
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »
And also, what new stuff have you got for us today?
  • Phoenix Heart

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 06:55:43 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
I have posted my job recruitment advert in the correct section :D

I will add the GUI to my first post if you want.
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 10:02:20 pm »
Hello broojo,

First of all let me just say that i really don't have high hopes for this game. I apologize, it's just that it's hard to think many zelda fan games will ever be completed, never the less an MMO. You really shouldn't say OoT 2D since it really has nothing to do with OoT besides being set in the same timeline, you are almost leading people to believe it will be OoT 2D.

Have you completed any Zelda Fan Games beforehand? It isn't easy to make a Fan Game, especially an MMO. Never the less about my opinions on it, if i see any real progress on this project, i will be sure to keep an eye on it. Good luck, you will definitely need it.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Hello broojo,

First of all let me just say that i really don't have high hopes for this game. I apologize, it's just that it's hard to think many zelda fan games will ever be completed, never the less an MMO. You really shouldn't say OoT 2D since it really has nothing to do with OoT besides being set in the same timeline, you are almost leading people to believe it will be OoT 2D.

Have you completed any Zelda Fan Games beforehand? It isn't easy to make a Fan Game, especially an MMO. Never the less about my opinions on it, if i see any real progress on this project, i will be sure to keep an eye on it. Good luck, you will definitely need it.
Isn't Elysium Diamond a MO program that automaticly uses the Illusion of Gaia/Legend of Zelda overhead view and battle system?  Although, there won't be any "Scrolling" levels, like, big ones.  Only MMORPG that has attempted but, canceled is, AoDC, Wayne, and myself, only successful one, or use to be, was Graal, which Nintendo forced to change.

Hope this isn't any put-downer, but, I can't wait to see a demo.  If I do, I will run outside, go all the way to my school and back and start shouting "YESSSSS!" or in Japan, "HAIIII!" xD (No, not literly)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:12:12 am by DeathTailsz »

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 10:28:43 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Fissure: Hey there :) Not that many people seem to think that I will finish this game :( . The thing is I could release it right now and edit it along the way. It has an online map editor, NPC editor etc so I can constantly add things. I plan to have a stable release with plenty of dungeons to keep people occupied. Sorry but I don't think that I actually mentioned on the front page that this was going to have the exact mapping as OOT, my bad XD. So yeah just so you know its gonna be mapped exactly like OOT, thats why I called it Hyrule Online, although there are many other hyrules.

I just need to enrypt the graphics first so people cannot copy all my graphics and instantly make an exact replica on the MMO using the same engine.

DeathTailsz: Yep it is, the hard stuff is done for me  :P Thats why I took on this task, because although it may sound like a big deal, the engine comes with so much that I can whip out an ORPG with absolutely no coding just using the built in editors (but I'm not gonna do that ;)).

When I release the first public beta I want you to make a youtube video of you doing that :P

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:27 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Fissure: Hey there :) Not that many people seem to think that I will finish this game :( . The thing is I could release it right now and edit it along the way. It has an online map editor, NPC editor etc so I can constantly add things. I plan to have a stable release with plenty of dungeons to keep people occupied. Sorry but I don't think that I actually mentioned on the front page that this was going to have the exact mapping as OOT, my bad XD. So yeah just so you know its gonna be mapped exactly like OOT, thats why I called it Hyrule Online, although there are many other hyrules.

I just need to enrypt the graphics first so people cannot copy all my graphics and instantly make an exact replica on the MMO using the same engine.

DeathTailsz: Yep it is, the hard stuff is done for me  :P Thats why I took on this task, because although it may sound like a big deal, the engine comes with so much that I can whip out an ORPG with absolutely no coding just using the built in editors (but I'm not gonna do that ;)).

When I release the first public beta I want you to make a youtube video of you doing that :P

Oh, I broke my leg just a few seconds ago, yeah, ow! (Just kidding, but, I said I wasn't litterly going to do that, muchless would I have a camera to do so.

• StarFox 2D
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2008, 10:52:26 pm »
Hello broojo,

Isn't Elysium Diamond a MO program that automaticly uses the Illusion of Gaia/Legend of Zelda overhead view and battle system?  Although, there won't be any "Scrolling" levels, like, big ones.  Only MMORPG that has attempted but, canceled is, AoDC, Wayne, and myself, only successful one, or use to be, was GaiaOnline, which Nintendo forced to change.

Hope this isn't any put-downer, but, I can't wait to see a demo.  If I do, I will run outside, go all the way to my school and back and start shouting "YESSSSS!" or in Japan, "HAIIII!" xD (No, not literly)

Actually that was "Graal" Gaia is completely different.

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 11:44:01 am »
  • Faster horsey!
Yep, it was because they started charging for it.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 07:55:33 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Hello broojo,

Isn't Elysium Diamond a MO program that automaticly uses the Illusion of Gaia/Legend of Zelda overhead view and battle system?  Although, there won't be any "Scrolling" levels, like, big ones.  Only MMORPG that has attempted but, canceled is, AoDC, Wayne, and myself, only successful one, or use to be, was GaiaOnline, which Nintendo forced to change.

Actually that was "Graal" Gaia is completely different.

Thanks for the correction.

• StarFox 2D

Broojo02

Derp
Re: [WIP] Hyrule: Online
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 05:29:03 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
I have added two new screenshots to show the new GUI, the old was too colourful. It features a start menu w00t!

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 05:17:42 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
I have added two new screenshots to show the new GUI, the old was too colourful. It features a start menu w00t!

Looks cool. o.o;

I thought you stopped making this. xD;

Well, comparing the two GUI, I prefer version 2, it looks waaay more proffesional than the first one.

• StarFox 2D

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 01:37:01 pm »
  • Faster horsey!

Looks cool. o.o;

I thought you stopped making this. xD;

Well, comparing the two GUI, I prefer version 2, it looks waaay more proffesional than the first one.
Yep, Version 1 was a direct rip from the game "From the Abyss", Version 2 is an edited version.

Broojo02

Derp
Re: [WIP] Hyrule: Online (Temporary name) Sugges...
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:27 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
#Topic updated#

Ok for the time being I am using Eclipse, its the first time I have used it and I'm using it because it has a very active community with plenty of code snippets and people to help you out as opposed to the Elysium community which hasn't really existed for a few years.

Anyway for the first time I am also using Alttp graphics rather than MC ones because of a good tileset I found on my forum. Its got a slight FSA style to it with the textured grass and all with those custom trees that were uploaded into the resources section of the site. Its a bit wierd because I haven't really fully played Alttp, only dabbled in the beginning. I am a bad Zelda fan.

Anyway It would be great if you guys and gals could suggest some better names for the game, hopefully not having the word Online in it would be great. Something cool like "Seeds of darkness" if you want you can suggest a small storyline if the title seems a bit random and needs some explaining.

So yeah I hope to have an open beta very soon, an opportunity for people to just try out the game and to suggest some thigs to add in.
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 01:02:35 am »
'The Dark Triforce'
That was going to be my 3D twilight princess zelda, but you can use the name 

Anyways, the screen looks WAY too plain. Add a HUD or something, even if it's temporary. It'll make it look much better.

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 03:06:08 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Yeah the screen does look a bit plain, you can't see the GUI which surrounds the screen. I don't know If a HUD will work because it might get in the way of the screen because it is 2D and if your character walks under I'd you can't see yourself.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 67 queries.

anything