Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: (Title Screen) Final Fantasy ~no name~  (Read 6534 times)

(Title Screen) Final Fantasy ~no name~
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:25:17 am »
Just looking for feedback at the moment on the title screen.
Been lurking around various parts of the web looking for something interesting to make a title screen out of instead of something basic like most Final Fantasy titles are guilty of, in my opinion, other than the silhouettes behind the logos themselves.

I think I may lower the resolution as well.  Seems to be a touch to big overall.
You can press enter to bring up the "New Game" and "Quit" and the cursor.  You can move the cursor but cannot select anything.

For those of you who feel uncompelled to download and  see it in action, I added one screenie.

Looking for some real C+C.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: (Title Screen) Final Fantasy ~no name~
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:32 am »
It's not bad i guess, although i don't much like the blue background and such  with the text and black background.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:15 am »
It's not bad i guess, although i don't much like the blue background and such  with the text and black background.
This.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:26:16 am »
Hmm, it could be harsh on the eyes.  Then again you guys are critiquing based on the screenshot and not what actually is going on.
The starfield actually moves and some nice wave effects take place.

Forgot to mention that ^
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 07:30:51 am »
Hmm, it could be harsh on the eyes.  Then again you guys are critiquing based on the screenshot and not what actually is going on.
The starfield actually moves and some nice wave effects take place.

Forgot to mention that ^

Should of mentioned that lol, guess i will download it and see.

This is the first time i can honestly say that i'm downloading a title screen.

Well it definitely is a lot more pleasing to the eyes in motion, Good work on it. Not bad.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:33:18 am by FISSURE »

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 07:35:42 am »
I viewed the demo and still came to the same conclusion, the special effects are nice, but I still dislike the blueness of it all.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 07:39:04 am »
Been lurking around various parts of the web looking for something interesting to make a title screen out of instead of something basic like most Final Fantasy titles are guilty of, in my opinion, other than the silhouettes behind the logos themselves.

I think I may lower the resolution as well.  Seems to be a touch to big overall.
You can press enter to bring up the "New Game" and "Quit" and the cursor.  You can move the cursor but cannot select anything.

For those of you who feel uncompelled to download and  see it in action, I added one screenie.

Were you going for some form of snes type retro thing for it? I know the 2nd one is cloud, who is the 1st girl, and the 4th girl, and the 3rd guy?

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:41:36 am »

I think I may lower the resolution as well.  Seems to be a touch to big overall.
You can press enter to bring up the "New Game" and "Quit" and the cursor.  You can move the cursor but cannot select anything.

For those of you who feel uncompelled to download and  see it in action, I added one screenie.

Were you going for some form of snes type retro thing for it? I know the 2nd one is cloud, who is the 1st girl, and the 4th girl, and the 3rd guy?
lol

Actually it goes Tidus/Cloud/Squall/Zidane.
Trying to go for a Final Fantasy 6 Advanced feel on the title.
I really think the resolution needs to be shrunk a bit.

I viewed the demo and still came to the same conclusion, the special effects are nice, but I still dislike the blueness of it all.
"If" I was any decent at Gimp, I would redo teh coloring to be more reminiscent of Final Fantasy titles.

Google Final Fantasy logo to see what I mean.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:58 am »

lol

Actually it goes Tidus/Cloud/Squall/Zidane.
Trying to go for a Final Fantasy 6 Advanced feel on the title.
I really think the resolution needs to be shrunk a bit.

"If" I was any decent at Gimp, I would redo teh coloring to be more reminiscent of Final Fantasy titles.

Google Final Fantasy logo to see what I mean.

Oh god they're all guys. At first i thought 1 was zidane >.>. Might be better if you could work on the characters.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:48:48 am by FISSURE »

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:02:57 pm »
Well, the image of them is made from the VS portraits from Dissidia.

I just did a nice resize with outlining and such.
Like I said, if I knew more about gimp....

I have the day off today, I may work on it a bit.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:25:00 pm »
Upload a .xcf and I'll tinker with it! I think the logo is a bit flat. It needs to fade into the black near the bottom so it doesn't look like it was slapped on.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »
It's still blue, but it is a bit easier on the eyes at the moment
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »
Here's my go at it! I also attached the logo separate from the rest of the image.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 09:15:44 pm »
It looks nice.

But, I am thinking of maybe going with a gradient color fill...sorta.
It would essentially be the same as the blue is but each individual character would have a gradient color fill starting with the highest saturation at thier center and getting darker towards the top and bottom.

Each character would also have a different color too.
Trying to use Gimp to see if I can use layers and whatnot to get it the way I want.

Thanks for trying though, Tiff
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Jeod

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »
No prob Theforeshadower! FYI I used the rubber stamp tool and lowered the opacity to make the faded brush effect.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:54:50 pm »
  • Xiphirx
You need to make the letters white, or some other color. I can barely read it.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:38 pm »
It's still blue, but it is a bit easier on the eyes at the moment

It may sound harsh but if you hadn't told me what was on the screen, I would not have know. I still can't recognize it. The black and blue just doesn't work. There just isn't enough contrast for easy recognition. People will have to strain their eyes too much.

This is good visible:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:10:34 pm by Niek »
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »
I have personally not attempted to download the Title Screen demonstration. However, I must point out, the reason why the Final Fantasy IV/V/VI Advance ports had easily distinguishable titles, was because the text was black, with gray anti-aliasing, and on a white background, with some figure behind the text. In your title screen, the text is black on black background, which makes it almost impossible to see, if not for the blue outline, blue figures, and the "stars" not passing through it.

I must also mention, the figures in your text seem to completely surround the text itself, and they do not blend well against the black background. The top of Squall's hair, for example, seems to abruptly change color and then go into the black background, which goes completely against how the rest of the hair is shaded/colored (however, I could be wrong, and it may simply be a part of the title being animated?).

My personal belief on the matter is that you should simply adapt to the style of title screen seen in the Final Fantasy advance ports. That is to say, you should use a white background, and keep the text black, and anti-aliased with some intermediate gray color(s). The figures should be smaller, since right now they completely surround the image, which goes against the way it is done in the GBA ports.

That isn't to say you can't be imaginative with your title screen. A white screen with black text at 320x240 and potentially scaled upwards could be devastating for the eyes, much more so than attempting to read the black text on black background. (I suppose that isn't much of a point on a small resolution like the GBA's 240x160, of course.) But, clearly, there must be some modification so that the person observing the text and the image as a whole can easily identify and distinguish between the different parts.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
It looks nice.

It would essentially be the same as the blue is but each individual character would have a gradient color fill starting with the highest saturation at thier center and getting darker towards the top and bottom.

Trying to use Gimp to see if I can use layers and whatnot to get it the way I want.

here is an attempt at that.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:47 am »
It looks nice.

here is an attempt at that.

Can I sex you?  PLEASE?  I love you.

Thankyou!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 78 queries.