Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Based on the current demo, how would you rate the game? (For the Wind Chapter)

5 Stars! Tetiro's worthy of the Triforce!
- 4 (36.4%)
4 Stars! This is worth a Piece of Heart!
- 3 (27.3%)
3 Stars. Have a few rupees for your work
- 3 (27.3%)
2 Stars. I should probably give feedback
- 0 (0%)
1 Stars... I need to tell Tetiro why
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells  (Read 47423 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [DEMO] The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2011, 09:14:26 am »
Let me know exactly what you want and I'll see what I can come up with. What I meant with my earlier comment was that I will not be going as far as to tile the actual rooms.

Haha based on the fact I haven't made the tiles yet, that would be difficult :P

What I like to see is Ice Block puzzles, puzzles that require you to call Spirits (spirits can do anything you wish them to), and having to use the Clawshot after the miniboss.

Don't forget about the Crossbow and Bombs. They can be used as well. Though prefer to see Ice, Spirit and Clawshot puzzles.
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »
Ok peeps, thanks to martijn being kind and designing me an Ice dungeon, we are back in business! Whilst he's working on that, I've musted up the energy even with my flu to start work on the Mountain Pass

And Scrapper the robot from Skyward Sword is allusion #53. He's also kinda adorable lol
Working on the cat that chases the Picori. Working on the graphics for the cat
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [DEMO] The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells -...
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 01:12:10 pm »
I've been working my bottocks off and we now have gotten up to the point where Link gains the Megaton Hammer. Next scene will have Link meeting Kiehs!

Also, it's time for a bit of a sing song. You remember game4ce in the credits for the Skyward Sword trailer music? Well he also does lyrics and I asked him to do lyrics about Chiming Bells for the trailer music. And we have gotten some lyrics so you can sing along to Skyward Sword!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkL5D82_Zs

Quote from: Chiming Bells Lyrics
---Chorus---
Oh, Chiming Bells
Sound your story
Hear all the music that they ring

Goddesses tell
Heroes glory
Feel the chimes of the bells within

---Verse #1---
Legends of time
About the bells
Made by Gods, they say...

Come, let it chime
Spirits will tell
They will give you the way...

There will be more lyrics! (And yes, this was one of the many surprises I had planned for Chiming Bells)

I'm taking a very short break from Chiming Bells. It's only until my composer has time to convert some ZREO mp3s to .oggs. He been very busy. Until he does, Kiehs' introduction scene can't be made as it requires a music track. Don't worry it shouldn't be long :)

In other news, during this break, I will be spending my time storming through Skyward Sword to find stuff I will reference in Chiming Bells. So even whilst I'm having a break I shall be working towards the completion of Chapter 2.

Also, I'm going to uploading some coloured sketches of the main cast of characters (7 characters in total) in Chiming Bells. So stay tuned!

EDIT: About to send martijn the new feature concept of the Clawshot so he knows when designing the rest of the Frozen Shrine but thought "Hey, may as well show the peeps" So here it is.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:42:10 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

Koh

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2011, 04:57:39 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
The concept here is intriguing, however, the graphics suffer from a major clash here.  You should either go full custom, or full LTTP style, but there are major perspective issues blending both.  Also, Link looks fairly strange from the side.  Perhaps extending his hat and extending his hair would resolve this.  But other than these, you're coming along nicely so far ;).
  • Megaclipse Games

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:50 am »
The concept here is intriguing, however, the graphics suffer from a major clash here.  You should either go full custom, or full LTTP style, but there are major perspective issues blending both.  Also, Link looks fairly strange from the side.  Perhaps extending his hat and extending his hair would resolve this.  But other than these, you're coming along nicely so far ;).

I'm not changing the graphics style. I like it and not only that but other people like it. The majority stands. It remains

Regarding the progress of the project, it's come to a stand still but DON'T WORRY! I shall be asking my composer to convert the music I need so we can progress later this week!

In regards to the chapter's development, I'd say we're 40% there already!
  • Phoenix Heart

thestig

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:49 am »

I'm not changing the graphics style. I like it and not only that but other people like it. The majority stands. It remains
Yikes, he's just suggesting. But I am in agreement with him, specifically pointing to the textbox and the Link sprite. The proportions are way off... like, Link is significantly smaller than the doors! Not only that, but the objects seem to be as well.. not to mention, they don't seem to mesh well with the LTTP style as they're too cartoony. To be honest, you should look into doing something about the PC and NPC sprites. They're almost small enough to be lines. But hey, it's like you said, it's your project. I'm leaving it to you to take my C+C into consideration or not.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:33 am »

Yikes, he's just suggesting. But I am in agreement with him, specifically pointing to the textbox and the Link sprite. The proportions are way off... like, Link is significantly smaller than the doors! Not only that, but the objects seem to be as well.. not to mention, they don't seem to mesh well with the LTTP style as they're too cartoony. To be honest, you should look into doing something about the PC and NPC sprites. They're almost small enough to be lines. But hey, it's like you said, it's your project. I'm leaving it to you to take my C+C into consideration or not.

Sorry didn't mean to snap. But I suppose I could have a look at the graphics. But I dunno, it kinda of works though. You have to admit. It does work.
  • Phoenix Heart

thestig

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:11 am »

Sorry didn't mean to snap. But I suppose I could have a look at the graphics. But I dunno, it kinda of works though. You have to admit. It does work.
Oh, of course it does. :) It could use a tad bit of tweaking, then it would really mesh together fairly nicely.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 11:18:52 am »
I'll look into it, but sadly this game is on hold until I catch up with uni work. My uni work is so tough I'm on the verge of crying like a little girl
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »
I apologise for a very sudden post but I bring a sketch dump! Behold! The designs for the 7 main characters in Chiming Bells

I hope you all enjoy the designs of the main cast! Enjoy folks!
(Just remember, I'm no artist)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:26:56 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2011, 05:01:11 pm »
Ladies and gentleman! The Song of Bells is now complete! It's time for a song time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkL5D82_Zs

---Chorus---
Oh, Chiming Bells
Sound your story
Hear all the music that they ring

Goddesses tell
Heroes glory
Feel the chimes of the bells within

---Verse #1---
Legends of time
About the bells
Made by Gods, they say...

Come, let it chime
Spirits will tell
They will give you the way...

---Verse #2---
Spirit who sings
an ancient song
Lost in the histories

Bells, make your ring
They chime along
Hear, they play memories

You will be hearing it in the story of Chiming Bells starting from the Water Chapter so stay tuned!
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 12:29:27 pm »
Yuck a fourth post. I hate quaddriple posting but it's an update on the topic. (Could someone post after this to break my posting streak lol)

But I've finally constructed a support banner. Haven't done one in years

Show your support to the tribute to 25 years of Zelda

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38573.0][IMG]http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l401/Tetiro/Chiming_Bells_Banner.png[/IMG][/url]
  • Phoenix Heart

thestig

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 12:59:32 pm »

The only complaint I have is the color for "Chiming Bells".... that blue is just way too... I don't know.. dark? Make it a lighter shade or switch the font back to the original white. The colors are clashing which make the "Chiming Bells" part kind of hard to read.

Other than that, the banner is actually pretty cool! I like the NES-esque skyline with the dithering shading, the bell behind the Z, the triforce and those standing in front of it. It's absolutely nice!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 01:40:30 pm »

The only complaint I have is the color for "Chiming Bells".... that blue is just way too... I don't know.. dark? Make it a lighter shade or switch the font back to the original white. The colors are clashing which make the "Chiming Bells" part kind of hard to read.

Other than that, the banner is actually pretty cool! I like the NES-esque skyline with the dithering shading, the bell behind the Z, the triforce and those standing in front of it. It's absolutely nice!

Actually the reason I haven't changed the colour yet is it's my little joke. The colour of the letters depends on the game's progress. Look below

Wind Chapter done = Blue (Water)
Water Chapter done = Red (Fire)
Fire Chapter done = Purple (Earth)
Earth Chapter done = Light Blue (Knight)
Knight Chapter done = Bronze (King)
King Chapter done = Gold (Sacred)
Sacred Chapter done = White/Platinum (The original colour)

I think that explains the colour thing so be patient :P

Btw, there is now a deviantart account purely for Chiming Bells!

http://chimingbells.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:35:20 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:39 pm »
Last night I played your demo and... well, it's great!! I really liked the fact of including characters of others zeldas and the way you made those sprites.
I've to recognize I got lost in the town XD (it was giant) but seriously I liked a lot.

Now I would like to suggest something. Perhaps when Link gets hurt he should move to back. That's my suggestion  XD

Well, that's all.
Best of lucks on your proyect, sir!!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 02:57:50 pm »
Last night I played your demo and... well, it's great!! I really liked the fact of including characters of others zeldas and the way you made those sprites.
I've to recognize I got lost in the town XD (it was giant) but seriously I liked a lot.

Now I would like to suggest something. Perhaps when Link gets hurt he should move to back. That's my suggestion  XD

Well, that's all.
Best of lucks on your proyect, sir!!

Good to hear you enjoyed it that much! And there are plenty of allusions and characters to come! There are 80 allusions in total in the Water Chapter! Good to hear you like the graphics too!
Haha I know the giant is big. After all it is a town :D

I would've implemented knockback on Link however one of the future dungeons has a thin platform to cross whilst enemies patrol. Putting knockback would be just mean.

Thanks I hope yours does well as well!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »
Really looking forward to the next trailer/demo :D
Love the art style! Must of taken quite a while to get right.

Ps:
Cool. Didn't know that you were a moderator now!
I'll add one of these later.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »
Really looking forward to the next trailer/demo :D
Love the art style! Must of taken quite a while to get right.

Ps:
Cool. Didn't know that you were a moderator now!

I hope to get the Water Chapter done by Febuary/March. Unsure depending on university work progress. This could be a while though.

Thanks! It took a while to get right :)
Yeh I'm a moderator now! It's good to be helping ZFGC.

Ladies and gents, below is a spoiler button. If you click this button, you will glimpse into the very far future of the project. This sighting of the future was planned a while back and you wont see it for a while. But it's coming. You may be confused as to why and how. All will be explain in the future.

Show content
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 12:44:30 pm »
I would've implemented knockback on Link however one of the future dungeons has a thin platform to cross whilst enemies patrol. Putting knockback would be just mean.
Ummm... you're right. That means a lot of damage.
I made a similar room and... well, I had to made a "god mode" to try that cave  XD so your decision about knockback is absolutely understandable.

Hope to see more progress soon sir

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:06 pm »
Ummm... you're right. That means a lot of damage.
I made a similar room and... well, I had to made a "god mode" to try that cave  XD so your decision about knockback is absolutely understandable.

Hope to see more progress soon sir

Exactly. From where I saw things in design, a thin platform and knockback is a clear WTF Moment (A WTF Moment is when you find something you have to do only for the game's lack of gameplay functionality to make you screw up tons of times. For example, in Skyward Sword, the enemies at the beginning deal a heart damage and unless you've had practice with the wii motionplus already made things VERY hard. Ironically WTF is what I said when I first died due to this. Hence it's term. a WTF Moment)

I hope to have some progress done in the weekend. Finally can be at ease after friday as I will be handing in an assignment.

I also need to give my music converter a nice kick up the backside. Just so he gets his gears turning again.

(Made a new avatar yesterday. Pretty huh?)
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 81 queries.

anything