Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] The good ol' Farmer  (Read 4794 times)

[Submission] The good ol' Farmer
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:32:22 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Name: Bill
Description: a farmer that works and supports the Hyrule Castle Town with his harvest. He's an old, quiet man. He just works to live well. He lives alone in his farm, sometimes visited by a couple of persons that passes by, and asks where is the Castle Town.
Re: [Submission] The good ol' Farmer
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:44:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Is there any significance to this guy, or is he just kind of there?  What is his relation with the rich and poor?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:52:30 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »
  • It's the grineer
He's the guy of the submission Niek made for "From farm to village".

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:48 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
He can probably be part of a short side quest, just a suggestion. What MGZ said, probably he can be a poor farmer who makes his living off selling crops to the rich, mid-class people of the castle town.  :huh:
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:09:49 am »
  • It's the grineer
He can probably be part of a short side quest, just a suggestion. What MGZ said, probably he can be a poor farmer who makes his living off selling crops to the rich, mid-class people of the castle town.  :huh:

He's actually already in a side-quest. He's a poor farmer, and his techniques to harvest aren't the best.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:39:19 am »
  • It's just Max.
That side quest hasn't yet been accepted, and considering that, if there were to be a character entry for this dude, I feel like Niek could do it best, as he had a character in mind when he designed the side quest.

Additionally, even if that weren't the case, your NPC entry is really lacking. You haven't developed a character here, and I don't mean to offend you, but stating as little as "His name is Bill and he grows crops for the rich" is hardly worth stating.
But thanks for trying to help out by creating a character to go along with the NPC. It didn't work out well, but it was kind of a good idea.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:38 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
That side quest hasn't yet been accepted, and considering that, if there were to be a character entry for this dude, I feel like Niek could do it best, as he had a character in mind when he designed the side quest.

Additionally, even if that weren't the case, your NPC entry is really lacking. You haven't developed a character here, and I don't mean to offend you, but stating as little as "His name is Bill and he grows crops for the rich" is hardly worth stating.
But thanks for trying to help out by creating a character to go along with the NPC. It didn't work out well, but it was kind of a good idea.

I have to agree with Max. If Niek came up with a sidequest idea, and there is a character involved, then Niek would be the best to do it. Equally, as Max stated, your entry is so vague that I can't even picture the character at all.

I'm not going to accept this. I'm sorry.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:26:09 pm »
Wow, I never thought I would say this, but Star and Max chill a little. The game is still a community project and everyone's input is always welcome and it could help to enrich the ideas of others. However that being said, when you make a character based on other work of someone else, this person has a sort of veto with the acceptance of a submitted character. Because this person has a certain idea.

I really appreciate your idea and I don't think it is bad. However I don't think this is appropriate for the intended character. The farmer and the workers I had envisioned in the sidequest are not old. Some of the workers are fathers, but they have little children your than Link. The farmer himself is also still young as he has a love whom he wants to marry (yes I think Max's idea will be used in some form). I also am thinking of the name Tristan for the farmer as a reference to a literary work. Although the story between the farmer and his woman won't be similar to the literary work (espcially the end :P).

But as I said this is not bad at all. There is one character I had in mind which has not been mentioned in the side quest submission, because this character does not influence or has a part to play in the side quest. It is more a character to fluff out the game. This character is the father of the farmer, whom had to retire. In his old age he couldn't handle the farm work anymore. I think your submission could hook well in with that.

But as Max and Star correctly pointed out, the sidequest han't been accepted yet and is still a work in progress. Thus submitting characters for it is probably not the best thing to do yet. But keep coming with input, you have some good ideas.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:37:21 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Wow, I never thought I would say this, but Star and Max chill a little. The game is still a community project and everyone's input is always welcome and it could help to enrich the ideas of others. However that being said, when you make a character based on other work of someone else, this person has a sort of veto with the acceptance of a submitted character. Because this person has a certain idea.

I really appreciate your idea and I don't think it is bad. However I don't think this is appropriate for the intended character. The farmer and the workers I had envisioned in the sidequest are not old. Some of the workers are fathers, but they have little children your than Link. The farmer himself is also still young as he has a love whom he wants to marry (yes I think Max's idea will be used in some form). I also am thinking of the name Tristan for the farmer as a reference to a literary work. Although the story between the farmer and his woman won't be similar to the literary work (espcially the end :P).

But as I said this is not bad at all. There is one character I had in mind which has not been mentioned in the side quest submission, because this character does not influence or has a part to play in the side quest. It is more a character to fluff out the game. This character is the father of the farmer, whom had to retire. In his old age he couldn't handle the farm work anymore. I think your submission could hook well in with that.

But as Max and Star correctly pointed out, the sidequest han't been accepted yet and is still a work in progress. Thus submitting characters for it is probably not the best thing to do yet. But keep coming with input, you have some good ideas.

I don't see anything wrong with our attitudes. Just because we have a negative opinion does not imply that our attitudes are at the heated level, needing to be "chilled".
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Ahh, touche, Niek! I'm stamping out creativity, just like I hate doing! >.<
Whoops.

Well, as you brought up, Niek, the idea of the Farmer's father, perhaps this entry would kind of describe him, in which case, yes this does add creatively and allow inspiration and stuff. And this could stand as the kind of foundation for the father farmer, upon which it would be possible to set a character submission. However, I am still going to hold that this character submission alone contains next to no information about any character.

Blaze, one thing I meant to say in my last post but forgot to, was to suggest that you look at Niek's submissions for a kind of model of what information we're looking for. Not to carbon copy his format, but just as a reference for the depth of thought that Niek puts into his submissions. There's a lot of information there!

I understand that in many cases with a submission, the original post might lack information in a certain area the author hadn't thought of, and this can be remedied when replied say, hey, what about this? However, you can't lack information in basically every area!

So maybe you can develop a character, not just a position for a character here. You can't get to know somebody with such little detail, and for a good story, authors need to know their characters intimately (even if they don't like them).
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:30:47 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Blaze, the OP on this guy hasn't been touched since July, and there is like no information about this dude there. I think you can update it and, per suggestion in this topic from Niek, change it to be about the father of the farmer, or else we're just gonna drop it for lack of content.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 59 queries.

anything