Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.  (Read 16119 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Teased.
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2009, 03:18:44 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I remember back in the olden days, woman didn't have rights to pokeman.

Good times... Good times.

Mammy, you just made me sad :P.

lol no gurlz on interwebs

I guess I'm not real.

Man, back in the day, I used to play Pokemon SO MUCH...until it was banned from school (elementary school). It was so serious that when I was drawing a picture of Gengar, they confiscated it. I was so pissed.

I shouldn't really say back in the day because I still play Pokemon (played over 40 hours of Pearl, and have yet to really crack into Platinum...at the third gym). I'm a big dork.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »
  • The Mike
I shouldn't really say back in the day because I still play Pokemon (played over 40 hours of Pearl, and have yet to really crack into Platinum...at the third gym). I'm a big dork.
Nah, people who play Pokemon aren't dorks. If people call you a dork for playing it, then they are the dork because they aren't playing too. XD

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Nah, people who play Pokemon aren't dorks. If people call you a dork for playing it, then they are the dork because they aren't playing too. XD

Plus, 40 hours? that's nothing. I've had platinum 2 weeks and I've sunk over 70 hours into it.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2009, 08:31:52 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

:P You know I'm totally kidding

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 06:17:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
Playing Pokemon is pretty much the most un-dorky thing you can do.

Like when pretty much everyone in my grade got really into Pokemon last year. That was amazing and intense.

Hoffy.
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2009, 06:39:14 am »

Like when pretty much everyone in my grade got really into Pokemon last year. That was amazing and intense.
Wish that would happen at my school, but no. They're all too cool for pokemon.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2009, 12:49:22 pm »
  • The Mike

There was only those few times where that happened at my school but mainly with my friends. In Grade 8 when Emerald came out, a friend of mine got it and we ended up playing lots of it together at lunch and had a few battles. Same thing happened last year once my friends finally got a copy of Diamond and Pearl. Platinum didn't bring the spark back though but I think it'll be too late once HeartGold and SoulSilver come out.

Though, it was awesome when all of us played Pokemon together and showing everybody their Pokemon. It was pretty super stellar.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2009, 02:01:42 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

lol no gurlz on interwebs

I guess I'm not real.
I was just comparing how long it took for Pokémon to get its player gender selection to the stupid internet meme (is it really a meme?) that there supposedly aren't any girls online. *shrug* Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Man, back in the day, I used to play Pokemon SO MUCH...until it was banned from school (elementary school). It was so serious that when I was drawing a picture of Gengar, they confiscated it. I was so pissed.

Dang. Your school must've been pretty strict if they took the time to recognize what a Pokémon was just to prevent you from drawing it. Tch, I would draw Pokémon all the time too.

And don't worry. Most people who try to not be dorky by saying that they're too old for Pokémon are probably the first ones out there buying the newest games (that is, after Mammy's done).

Hahaha, back in my senior year of High School, I brought a (semi-portable) boombox and like four themes Pokémon decks. I picked out the open air, middle table, put in my custom, one-track CD of the classic Pokémon battle theme, and my friend and I just started playing the Pokémon Trading Card Game right in the middle of the the open-air lunch patio. Like a dozen people looked at us playing Pokémon TCG. I actually helped bring the game back to popularity like I never saw it before at my high school. It only lasted a month or two, maybe more, but it still fun.

Hahaha, High School... I should've more the most out of it, yet this is all I really have show for it.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:55 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Hahaha, back in my senior year of High School, I brought a (semi-portable) boombox and like four themes Pokémon decks. I picked out the open air, middle table, put in my custom, one-track CD of the classic Pokémon battle theme, and my friend and I just started playing the Pokémon Trading Card Game right in the middle of the the open-air lunch patio. Like a dozen people looked at us playing Pokémon TCG. I actually helped bring the game back to popularity like I never saw it before at my high school. It only lasted a month or two, maybe more, but it still fun.

That made me laugh SO hard! Are you serious? That's so freaking epic!

My friend gets free stuff from the Pokemon TCG company (like cards and BADGES). That being said, I have all of the Diamond/Pearl badges somewhere (I'm not really sure where considering I moved and haven't quite unpacked everything). Once I find them though, I am contemplating pinning the badges to my Metallica hat to make it look cooler. OH YE!

And don't worry. Most people who try to not be dorky by saying that they're too old for Pokémon are probably the first ones out there buying the newest games (that is, after Mammy's done).

LOL. Actually, I was in EBGames last night with my guys, and I saw this HUGE guide for Platinum. I'm not joking, it's freaking HUGE. It was only like 25$ too. I whispered, "Man, if I didn't just spend 40$ on manga, I would SO BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!" and he facepalmed.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »
Meh, why buy guides when gamefaqs is free and the game's aren't that hard to figure out? But yes, I know which guide you're talking about. It's about as fat as a slim textbook.

That made me laugh SO hard! Are you serious? That's so freaking epic!

I'm serious. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the time and I don't know if anyone took pictures of us playing. I like to say the whole idea was mine, but then again, I guess if my friend hadn't been as crazy as he was, I might not have caved in and done it. I honestly felt a little embarrassed carrying that boombox around, but after hearing all the passerbys talk about how awesome or oldschool it was what we were doing, I guess I felt a little better. I guess my friend and I just burst everyone's "I'm too old for Pokémon" bubble and everyone just realized that, "Hey, I still love my [insert favorite Pokémon here]!"

I don't think I'd pull such a stunt ever again though. XD Everyone was looking at us play and I'm not that great at the Pokémon TCG, mostly due to lack of cards. Still, I did beat my friend once with a Pikachu (4 regular Pikachus and 4 LT. Surge's) themed deck.

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Me and my friend Nathan bought it back when we found out we both loved it, so had a battle in the middle of the field at lunchtime. loads of people flocked around and someone shouted "ha, what you playing, Pokemon?" trying to be funny. We just said yeah and the next day everyone had their old gameboys with them.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »
There's always that one person who will see you playing on your Gameboy/Advance/DS and ask that stupid question. What's funny is, my Gameboy was the transparent purple one, so you COULD see what game I was playing. Usually I'd play Link's Awakening and people would stupidly ask the question. Gawd.

• Super Smash Karts

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
  • The Mike

LOL. Actually, I was in EBGames last night with my guys, and I saw this HUGE guide for Platinum. I'm not joking, it's freaking HUGE. It was only like 25$ too. I whispered, "Man, if I didn't just spend 40$ on manga, I would SO BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!" and he facepalmed.
Yeah, I've seen it too. It's like an inch thick. They must have stuff for all three versions in there.

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 63 queries.

anything