Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resurgence  (Read 3195 times)

Majoras_Wrath

Childishly Deranged
Resurgence
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:11:40 pm »
  • Beware the Moon...
This project has taken a new direction. It used to be a Zelda game in every shape and form, but I am shifting away from that in the aesthetic sense. Basically, anything explicitly owned by Nintendo I will remove/replace/change. There won't be a Link, but there will be a sword-using protagonist clad in green. There won't be a triforce, but there will still be dungeons where powerful relics are hidden. It will be a Zelda game at heart, just not in appearance.

Now then! With that, onto the other stuff. This game won't be in zelda classic forever. It's just a prototype. Maybe someday I will be able to make it in something more robust, or even code it all from scratch. While I'm not holding my breath, a full, complete game will be produced. Be it with Zelda Classic or something else. Again, though, the game has not changed physically. Just its outward appearance where necessary. I guess it counts as re-branding it?

Plot: It exists, but more of an afterthought than anything. The prime focus here is the content. The plot fits the gameplay, not the other way around. Because then you end with cutscene-heavy piles of garbage that are somehow "video games".

Gameplay: Hybrid of Zelda 1 and 3, with other aspects from other kinds of games thrown in. I want to make it at least 20 hours long. and if I get carried away and make it 40+, so much the better!

Graphics and Music: Anything present that already exists in another game (be it zelda or otherwise) is just a place-holder. But other than that think of it like a slightly improved LttP set. Or enhanced gameboy. or more like a hybrid of the two!

I think that covers it. Here's the website! http://resurgence.tk/ There is a video on it that shows the first 15 or so minutes of gameplay.

Click here to view on the site.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:52:06 pm by Majoras_Wrath »
  • Resurrectio Incipiam

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Heart of the Master Swo...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:30:23 pm »
You may want to change it back to the Triforce. Trust me, the community hates the idea of there being a fourth piece to the triforce
  • Phoenix Heart

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »
  • b e p i s
You'll also need some screenshots or other media, both to keep from getting this topic moved to Concepts and also to make the community believe that the game is actually being made.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Majoras_Wrath

Childishly Deranged
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »
  • Beware the Moon...
Well there is a map under downloads. :P But I'll get more screenshots, yes.
  • Resurrectio Incipiam
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 05:58:10 pm »
Plot? No definitive plot yet. And it won't be anything fancy either really... collect the Triforce (well, despite sounding corny it's actually the Tetraforce. 4 pieces each split in half.), restore power to the Master Sword with it, defeat the antagonist (which isn't Ganon). This game also makes many references to other games I've played throughout the years, and obviously every other Zelda game there is.
Tetraforce, bleh count me out. I can understand dividing the triforce pieces in segments okay. LoZ had the triforce of wisdom in 8 pieces, TWW had the triforce of courage. But a tetraforce, that is just bleh. References to other games. Hmm, don't know about that.

Your plot does not impress me much, but maybe your screens will.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:29:48 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I'm moving this to concepts for now.  Drop me a message when you get some screens :P

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Majoras_Wrath

Childishly Deranged
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44:27 pm »
  • Beware the Moon...
I have a video! It's on the project page. I guess project edits don't get mirrored to the forum post.
  • Resurrectio Incipiam
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 51 queries.

anything