Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any wargamers in the mix?  (Read 935 times)

Any wargamers in the mix?
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:30:58 am »
  • Minalien
So, how many ZFGCers take part in Tabletop Wargaming?

Personally, I love the Privateer Press games, particularly HORDES. Started playing WARMACHINE, and moved up from there. Fell in love with the games :P

Never really cared that much for the wargames that primarily use plastic minis, like Warhammer and the Wizards' minis games.

So, what are others' thoughts on wargaming?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Any wargamers in the mix?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:01:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I used to play a SHITTON of Warhammer 40k back in the day.

I bought like $600 in units one day and fuckin tore that !@#$% up on game day. Used to play right at the card shop against like 7 other people on a huge ass 14 ft battlefield. I loved it.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:07:08 am »
I have a set of warhammer 40k that I got after much pestering from a few of my friends. I've only painted about 2 of the models though, I was always more interested in the landscaping part of preparing for games. I've got a landscape in our shed that's on a pulley system, I can wind it up to the roof out of the way and bring it down when I need to. It was originally for a model train I was given when I was about 11, but it's a hybrid of both now.
The actuall games are fun. Even though the landscape is hardly finished we've had a few games on it, we just plonk premade scenery in different spots each time. The train makes for some interesting custom rules :D.
My battlefield's 3ft by 6ft I think.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 06:15:29 am »
  • Minalien
Personally, I think WARMACHINE and HORDES (they run with the same basic system, and are compatible with each other) kick the !@#$% out of Warhammer. The entire focus of the games is on getting into the mix of things and beating the living !@#$% out of your opponent.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 06:22:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Personally, I think WARMACHINE and HORDES (they run with the same basic system, and are compatible with each other) kick the !@#$% out of Warhammer. The entire focus of the games is on getting into the mix of things and beating the living !@#$% out of your opponent.

See, I personally prefer ranged tactical combat over melee based war games :p but that's just me
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 06:29:36 am »
  • Minalien

See, I personally prefer ranged tactical combat over melee based war games :p but that's just me
It's got plenty of ranged attacks, especially with Cygnarian forces. And the Warcasters (WARMACHINE) and Warlocks (HORDES) have plenty of ranged spells.

• Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:40:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

It's got plenty of ranged attacks, especially with Cygnarian forces. And the Warcasters (WARMACHINE) and Warlocks (HORDES) have plenty of ranged spells.

Ah I may have to check them out then :p sounds neat
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:19:33 pm »
40k. I'm gonna start my own Warhound titan got the templates gonna use plasticard to make it :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 50 queries.

anything