Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group Design Session #1  (Read 1113 times)

Group Design Session #1
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:31:46 am »
  • Minalien
GDS Overview
Group Design Sessions (not to be confused with the Development sessions I am currently discussing in the Suggestions board) are a means for members to get together and discuss possible design elements for a game fitting a specific theme. Basically, when starting a Design Session, the topic poster will come up with a set of parameters for a game. Any member who wishes may participate.

The overall idea is for participating members to work together to come up with a general design for a game. These sessions don't really have an end - any member may, at any time, add to the discussion for the design. These topics aren't intended to be posted by me alone - any member who comes up with an interesting concept can add to the GDS series, but I ask that they respect other Sessions that may be running, and that they keep to the format proposed within this topic.

Approval, removal, and modification of various ideas into the running Design Document, which will be kept in the initial post, will be based on acceptance by the active members in the design process as a whole. It is the responsibility of the member who starts a session to maintain the initial post with any changes accepted by participating members.

Remember, if you don't like something that's been accepted already, it isn't static. Propose possible changes, the removal of said design feature, and discuss it amongst the rest of the participating members. The only things that are static are the game's Genre, Setting, and Platform. Everything else is always up for discussion amongst those that wish to participate.

Design Session #1
Quote from: Session Parameters - Summary
Genre: Adventure/RPG
Setting: Mythological Rome
Platform: Nintendo DS

Overview
In this design session, our goal is to design an Adventure/RPG set in mythological Rome, targetting the Nintendo DS game system. The design should keep outside of the standard designs for the Adventure/RPG genre, and should provide features that separate the game from the crowd.

The Design So Far
Game Overview
The Game will be an Adventure/RPG set in Mythological Rome.

Target Platform
The Game will target the Nintendo Dual Screen handheld game system.

Setting Design
The Game will feature a Mythological Rome game setting, holding as closely as possible to both well- and not-so-well- known Roman Mythology, to add a feel of authenticity to the game.

BEGIN
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:53:24 am by MiNalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 53 queries.