Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SevenIRC [UI Concept Screenshots]  (Read 1813 times)

SevenIRC [UI Concept Screenshots]
« on: January 01, 2010, 12:31:22 pm »
  • Minalien
Summary
An IRC client being developed for Microsoft Windows, utilizing .NET Framework 4 and the Windows Presentation Foundation. SevenIRC is currently in the concept phases, undergoing UI design at the moment. SevenIRC will offer the standard array of features expected of an IRC client, including secured connections, multiple servers, contact lists, theme/UI customization, scripting (Lua), and chat logging (currently, logging to plain text, XHTML, and XML is planned).

On a side note, it doesn't look like I'm going to be staying here. I'll pop in to check comments on this topic, and provide updates, but that's about it for me.

Being Developed In
C# (Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Professional)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Windows Presentation Foundation

Keeping Up
Most up-to-date information on SevenIRC will be posted on my blog at http://www.minalien.com.

Features
Currently-Planned Features:
-) Secured Connections through SSL
-) Multiple-Server, Multiple-Channel
-) Contacts/Address Book
-) Lua Scripting
-) Application Themes, using a combination of 7-zip, XML, and Lua scripting
-) Chat Logging (Channels, Server Console, Queries, DCC)
---) Plain Text
---) XML
---) XHTML
-) Plugin system utilizing Lua scripting & Managed Libraries

UI Concepts
The UI is still in-development. No work will be done on the application's functionality until I have reached a point where I am satisfied with the UI, in terms of its design and its functionality and practicality.

A concept screenshot of the start page. This window will close when the user begins connecting to a server. From here, the user will be able to load plugins, edit scripts & bot packages, view and configure logs, and edit their Contacts list.

One possible Chat Window UI, using textboxes and treeviews with a solid background color.

Another screenshot using solid UI elements. I will probably be following this style for the official theme, and make both the window background and component backgrounds configurable through themes.

A screenshot of the UI with transparent backgrounds. This probably isn't going to last, but I was trying to see what all styles I could come up with, so that I could find one that fits the best. Regardless of the "official" style I go with, I am likely going to provide the (optional) switchbar, as seen in the screenshot above.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:46:02 pm by MiNalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.