Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243210 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #400 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:29 am »

All 6 sages. Nabooru was mostly done, I just needed a new head and to redecorate her with Gerudo junk. I had her wearing pink, but decided that white with pink shading looked way better.

The Ruto was done in literally 5 minutes, but I am satisfied enough to show her off now. I think I did an ok job with the female figure, lol.

So there's the sages, folks. I see room for improvement on most of them, and will probably tinker with them as I progress with this project.. but for now I think they are ok.

And to answer the above post, my logic behind that is the fact that I and others can see it perfectly fine the way I meant for it to be seen. I'm finding it hard to understand why people think nostrils. Hell, I don't think any sprites this size have nostrils, in any game. So it surprises me people think that. When people in this thread are realizing that it's eyes with raised eyebows, they are getting it, and most like it.

I'm not trying to play the stubborn-ass who is too proud to change it, don't get me wrong.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:19:34 am by Master Yoshi »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #401 on: April 28, 2010, 08:30:18 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
You could build a house on dat forehead! Something about her feels really off :[
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #402 on: April 28, 2010, 03:20:20 pm »

All 6 sages. Nabooru was mostly done, I just needed a new head and to redecorate her with Gerudo junk. I had her wearing pink, but decided that white with pink shading looked way better.

The Ruto was done in literally 5 minutes, but I am satisfied enough to show her off now. I think I did an ok job with the female figure, lol.

So there's the sages, folks. I see room for improvement on most of them, and will probably tinker with them as I progress with this project.. but for now I think they are ok.

And to answer the above post, my logic behind that is the fact that I and others can see it perfectly fine the way I meant for it to be seen. I'm finding it hard to understand why people think nostrils. Hell, I don't think any sprites this size have nostrils, in any game. So it surprises me people think that. When people in this thread are realizing that it's eyes with raised eyebows, they are getting it, and most like it.

I'm not trying to play the stubborn-ass who is too proud to change it, don't get me wrong.

Looking great!(Ganon too.)
The white with pink shading on Nabooru works real well and is true ALTTP style. Well done!
I have a question about Sarias skin and clothes colours, are they from the ALTTP colour palette or are they custom?
And yeah, your Happy mask salesman looks great but its not the most readable face so dont be surprised if people see it wrong(like i did at first!)
But yeah, there were even some things in ALTTP that i read wrong at first and it took me years after 1st playing it to find out. For this reason, i think you should Keep it how it is!

Edit time!

This is a mixture of both of our Sarias:

OLD

NEW

And this is my Princess Ruto(which im a bit ashamed to show at the moment)

OLD

NEW

The newer version is just a combination of both of our Ruto sprites, and my combo edit of our Saria sprites.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:12:37 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2010, 04:06:15 pm »
You could build a house on dat forehead! Something about her feels really off :[

Yeah, I made the hammerhead looking part huge. I think she needs your magic touch, whenever you have the time. :)

I am using the ALttP thief colors on Saria, I think. Definitely has his skin tone and I think the same shades of green and pink/purple.
« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:36 pm »

Yeah, I made the hammerhead looking part huge. I think she needs your magic touch, whenever you have the time. :)

I am using the ALttP thief colors on Saria, I think. Definitely has his skin tone and I think the same shades of green and pink/purple.

ok thanks. I think I might use that skin tone for my Link sprite and other NPCS. I think the original darker tone will still have its use too.

edit: have you noticed that the colours are always slightly different? because the thief colours you are using are a slightly different shade to the thief colours that i am using(I rip all my sprites from the snes9x ALTTP rom)...there are also some on the net that are slightly different too. Ive noticed that ZSNES gives different shades, maybe thats the reason...or maybe its from saving as a different format like GIF instead of PNG?
Heres your Saria sprite using the thief colours i use:

The one with my colours is on the right btw.

Ganon edit:

With mask:

Im not sure if I like the extra details on the armour(looks too busy?) but I kind of like the slimmer/smaller head.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:50:31 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2010, 09:28:12 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Awsome! But Skeme KOS's Ganon isn't very good in my opinoin.... Sorry...
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »
I actually quite like Skeme's. They are thinner, and seem less... chubby. The Saria I'm not entirely fond of either, but both of the Ganondorfs are great, but I like the thinner version better.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #407 on: April 28, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
Awsome! But Skeme KOS's Ganon isn't very good in my opinoin.... Sorry...

Thats ok, its just a matter of taste at the end of the day and I dont particularly like the armour on my Ganon edit either, but as i said before, i prefer the slimmer face i gave it.
And I wouldnt actually call it my ganon, its just an edit of Master Yoshis already awesome Ganon sprite.
And thanks Dark-Hylian, very much appreciated.
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2010, 12:59:41 am »

About 70 percent done. Don't judge my shading too harshly. It's mostly quick paintbrushing to give me a solid idea of what I am going for.

In this one I've tried to texture the rest of the tree to look like a tree. You'd be surprised how hard that actually was... Also changed the furthest back set of roots, as well as the eyebrows and mustache (which I am not happy with and nowhere near done with.)

So yeah.. I have to clean up my outlines pretty badly, it's all still my rough sketches, lol.

So as of now, I am planning on adding a shadow around the tree, same as the smaller trees cast. Basically just giving depth to the roots and the tree's connection to the ground.

Speaking of the roots.. I am finding them a pain the ass to shade. I don't like how the front most set has turned out so far. Probably going to have to add far more detail to them or something. They just look too cartoony. I may end up doing circles like I am attempting on the nose. That may do the trick.

Also note that I editted the area and the shadows. Heh.

So yeah, don't judge the 'pillow shading' as of right now. It's all temporary and I promise you I can up the quality before this thing is done. Haha.

Believe me, I feel EVERYTHING you said in that post. I know exactly how tricky it is to create the Deku tree to fit our vision. The roots ARE very annoying to get right lol.
I have a VERY basic Deku tree that im working on at the moment and my vision for it is almost the same as what you are aiming for. Im still on the fence about using the lost woods/zoras fountain area leaves though.
I have every faith in you to get this done how you picture it to be.
I cant wait to see it too. In fact, I might have to start work on mine again soon(havent worked on it for aaages and I still have all these ideas floating round in my head!)

I have a pretty nice base animation going for it atm - check it out below:

http://host-a.net/skeme23/DEKU%20TREE%20OPEN%20and%20CLOSE%20MOUTH%20EXAMPLE%20V0.1.gmk
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2010, 02:05:37 am »
Skeme, the only crit I have for you (if you want crits) is that you should try making his face excluding his mouth bigger. Also, I don't know how I did this glitch, but I walked around the tree and from behind, I accidently got ontop of it. That should be fixed when you make the trees solid. As for Master Yoshi, are you done with your tree? If you are, can you show us?
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2010, 02:33:14 am »
Skeme, the only crit I have for you (if you want crits) is that you should try making his face excluding his mouth bigger. Also, I don't know how I did this glitch, but I walked around the tree and from behind, I accidently got ontop of it. That should be fixed when you make the trees solid. As for Master Yoshi, are you done with your tree? If you are, can you show us?

The face on my Deku tree? Well yeah, its extremely early in development at the moment and I havent touched it in over a year now. But thanks, I will definitely try making the rest of the face bigger and see how it looks. I have to keep the mouth the same size though because it keeps with the ALTTP size door size.
As for the "glitch", that example was just to show the Deku tree opening & closing his mouth...nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks again for your crits.
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2010, 03:03:24 am »

Big time work on Ruto's head and Nabooru's hair.

Dare to compare:
OLD:

NEW:

Oh and I borroweded DJ's medallions for prettying up my preview. lol

Also note that while I don't mind my work being modified as suggestions for improvement and such, I don't want modified versions of my work being used outside of this thread.. that's usually how someone's work ends up being passed along through time and people forget who even made the original.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:28:24 am by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2010, 03:18:39 am »
Definitly better! (You still didn't mention about your Deku Tree.)
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2010, 03:23:47 am »

Big time work on Ruto's head and Nabooru's hair.

Dare to compare:
OLD:

NEW:

Oh and I borroweded DJ's medallions for prettying up my preview. lol

Beautiful! The new hair looks better as it makes the sprite look less lop sided(although ALTTP still used that style sometimes) and the new ruto head looks a lot better too. I liked the old eyes but the new ones work just as well.
The problems that I had with your Ruto was the shoulders looking too square(or "masculine") and that she looks too wide(although STILL looks great)

Quick ugly edit:

Too skinny looking? I think so. Anyway, Ive done a better edit now, I'll upload it 2moz.

Ok, im gonna try and get some sleep now and hopefully in the morning I will get a code to play the new UFC 2010 demo early! Yay!

Awesome work though Yoshi, youre becoming a HUUUGE inspiration to me after reading though this thread.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:07:42 am by Skeme KOS »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2010, 07:36:12 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Gotta say, jawsh, I like KOS's edit to your Ganny. Although the fat one seems more LTTP style
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2010, 12:50:05 am »
I'm still preferring mine, lol. I think his edit is too squished together, whereas mine fills out nicely. I do like the added details.. never could get that to work when I sprited him. I may try it again before long. That being said...

So here's Ganondorf, sans beard, and then the future Ganondorf after 7 years. If everyone remembers, he grows his hair out in Ocarina of Time during the 7 years Link sleeps.

« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:36 am »
(Thunderouse aplaud!) That is wonderful! Are you going to be working on young Epona from MM?
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2010, 01:18:00 am »
Yesh.
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:02 am »

I always have the hardest time with Zelda. Young or Adult, she's always the hardest character to sprite in this style, ever. But honestly I'm very satisfied this time. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to change her to get her to look like she does now. 5 minutes ago she was completely hideous. Now I can actually live with how she looks compared to the rest of my collection.

The young Zelda is mediocre and will probably be revamped tomorrow. I'm mainly showing off the Adult Zelda. My Shiek is decent.. I don't see anything I'd change as of now.

Tomorrow I plan on doing lots of touchups on everything I have so far. Probably going to make a brand new Zora sprite, due to inspiration from Ruto. I really like how her ears turned out, so I may try that on my Zora sprite as well.

Are there any more main characters anyone can think up that I haven't done?

Off the top of my head I know I need the Running Man. I also need to do a variety of Gerudo women. The little boy from the graveyard too. Ingo from the future.

Then there's quite a few shop owners. The lake Hylia scientist. Countless NPCs from castle town and Kakiriko. The Skultella cursed people. The bigger Goron who rolls around in Goron city. The owner of the fishing pond. Koume and Kotake, Twinrova.. but now I'm getting carried away again, lol. You really don't realize just how many characters Ocarina of Time actually had until you begin spriting it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:28:46 am by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2010, 04:39:31 am »
Off the top of my head, the bunny hood (mask), the goddess of sand statue, and that theif guy. (The one who acts odd in OoT and stole from the old bomb shop lady.)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 74 queries.