Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *TP Spoilers* Hyrule Geography  (Read 2340 times)

*TP Spoilers* Hyrule Geography
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:04 am »
  • IBV
Well. I noticed some things in TP:
1. The house that burns down in Kakariko (when you kill the dark bug). Well, do you remember the weird house in aLttP's Kakariko, with no roof? Could they be the same? Although, it would be ignoring the fact that it's not the same Kakariko since they are on different places relative to other places (such as Death Mountain, and the Castle)
2. Mother and Child Rocks. Could they be what becomes Mother and Child Isles in tWW? Ignoring the fact that the rocks are rather small (I can't even figure out what IS the rocks in Zora's domain)

In all games you can match the geography of Hyrule in some way, by just rotating stuff a bit. Zelda 2 is located northeast of Death Mountain and is called "North Hyrule". In Zelda I you just see south eastern Hyrule with a forest in the south east, a graveyard that could be a former Kakariko and a Death Mountain in the north. There seems to be two Lost Woods at different places in the series (although, one of them is called Forbidden Woods, I'm not sure?). Also, Kakariko seems to have moved (remember it was under construction in OoT). One thing that bugs me is that Zora's Domain in TP is way out of place too. In all other games it was far to the east on Death Mountain (both on Zelda 1 and aLttP) and goes down in rivers through Hyrule (out to Lake Hylie, although not visible on Z1). And where do you think the area around Eastern Palace fits in? I can't figure it out. Could've been a plain before?

Let's discuss about the geography of the Zelda series (and particularly those set in Hyrule) and how they match (and don't match! and try to explain it). I guess some theories about chronology in the Zelda games can be added too. (Although if it's becomes too much I will add "and Chronology" to the title)
My signature is empty.
Re: *TP Spoilers* Hyrule Geography
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:28 am »
The mother and child rocks do suggest that. But in Wind Waker, the Wind Temple, in which you use Makar comes from the Kokiri. It would make more sense if you used Medli in that dungeon. Since she is a descendant from the Zora's. And since you are in Zora's Domain...meh that makes no sense.

Ofcourse, if you have the mirrored world on Gamcube version it's all different. And who knows which was the original?

The geography changes in every game.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:13:40 am »
  • .越//
could you post the map screen? i didnt see that "big overworld" at all

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:49:32 am »
  • IBV
The mother and child rocks do suggest that. But in Wind Waker, the Wind Temple, in which you use Makar comes from the Kokiri. It would make more sense if you used Medli in that dungeon. Since she is a descendant from the Zora's. And since you are in Zora's Domain...meh that makes no sense.

Ofcourse, if you have the mirrored world on Gamcube version it's all different. And who knows which was the original?

The geography changes in every game.

The GameCube version is the correct one since Link is left handed in it. The Wii version is mirrored from the GC correct original orientation.

Hmm.. I forgot where those place actually were. But Wind Temple is close to M&C, and you meant logically the Rito Medli should've helped there instead? Are you sure that the WW races are supposed to match the OoT races? I mean, in that case the Ritos are probably from Gorons since they obviously live on top of Death Mountain. I suppose I could've seen Koroks as descendants to Koriki, but not Ritos to Zora's (at the same time I can't see Ritos to Gorons either)...

EDIT:
could you post the map screen? i didnt see that "big overworld" at all
Was that directed to me? In that case I don't understand what you're asking for... Which one of them? All of them? All of them combined?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:51:10 am by Venus »
My signature is empty.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 02:14:20 pm »
  • .越//

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 04:30:28 pm »
Hmm.. I forgot where those place actually were. But Wind Temple is close to M&C, and you meant logically the Rito Medli should've helped there instead? Are you sure that the WW races are supposed to match the OoT races? I mean, in that case the Ritos are probably from Gorons since they obviously live on top of Death Mountain. I suppose I could've seen Koroks as descendants to Koriki, but not Ritos to Zora's (at the same time I can't see Ritos to Gorons either)...

Ritos ARE the descendants of the Zora...ever seen the pieces where you meet the ancient sages? One is Kokiri, and the other one a Zora. And Medli and Makar are the far descendants from that...who play the instruments.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 05:33:47 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Besides that there are Gorons in TWW (only three but meh). As Kleaver says though the Sages in TWW are decended from the ghostly Kokiri and Zora sages. TPs overworld is geographicly very very similar to OoTs (flipped of course for the Wii version). I'd like to think that TPs overworld is what OoTs Hyrule has become, the Zoras River receeded North due to erosion caused by the waterfallLake Hylian broke its banks (hey all that water had to go somewhere) and became much larger, I can mention more but I'd say TPs overworld has alot more in common with OoT than ALttP

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 05:47:21 pm »
  • IBV
Ah. Forgot that. But still, they are probably not related as in child-child-child something (lineage), but related in another way? I mean, it makes no sense that the Zoras developed wings. And they would be stuck under the water with the rest of Hyrule anyway, wouldn't they? (Still, that makes on wonder how the heck the three Gorons came up, possibly because they were on a mountain at the time the great sea came?)

TPs overworld is geographicly very very similar to OoTs (flipped of course for the Wii version). I'd like to think that TPs overworld is what OoTs Hyrule has become, the Zoras River receeded North due to erosion caused by the waterfallLake Hylian broke its banks (hey all that water had to go somewhere) and became much larger, I can mention more but I'd say TPs overworld has alot more in common with OoT than ALttP

Yes, that makes sense. I also think that. ALttP is either before or after them, but probably before, since Kakariko in OoT was a new Kakariko, and there maybe had existed one west from the castle before,  as it is in aLttP. If Kakariko was placed in aLttP as it is in OoT it would probably be around where the Sanctuary is. But I still think Kakariko in TP is at a different location from that of OoT. It should be more northwest to be as in OoT. As it is now, it's around were Eastern Palace was in aLttP.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 08:40:08 pm »
  • odens knop
About the Kakariko thing, I think it was build for the first time where it is in OOT, and then after that it got moved to TP, and then ALTTP.  Like think about it, the Impa house was in the OOT Kakariko, and then it was moved to the TP location, but the Impa house/town/place (where the Impa's originally came from) is still there, when you have to rescue that old lady in TP, remember?  And since the lady is the last Impa, it couldn't have been before OOT cause OOT had more of em, didn't it?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:44 pm »
  • .越//
About the Kakariko thing, I think it was build for the first time where it is in OOT, and then after that it got moved to TP, and then ALTTP.  Like think about it, the Impa house was in the OOT Kakariko, and then it was moved to the TP location, but the Impa house/town/place (where the Impa's originally came from) is still there, when you have to rescue that old lady in TP, remember?  And since the lady is the last Impa, it couldn't have been before OOT cause OOT had more of em, didn't it?

actually is Impa a name in OoT and her race was Shieka, like that funny thing that Zeldas mask is named Shiek the Shieka lol xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »
  • IBV
With "Impa's" do you mean Sheikahs? (sp?)
Impaz (the old woman) does say something about that her great-great-grand something founded the "Hidden Village". Impa founded Kakariko in OoT so maybe the Hidden Village is old Kakariko from OoT? Okay so then you are right Linky, aLttP is obviously after (and it's Kakariko is build later). (I wasn't at this part of the game at the time, I just got there :P)

I just noticed another thing. Is it possible that what is Death Mountain in TP was Zora's Domain in OoT? Relative to the Hidden Village (if it is Kakariko) and the castle and the woods it would be possible wouldn't it?

One thing that still bugs me is how the forest would later become the Eastern Palace area in aLttP. And also to that, if we assume aLttP's map also had north upwards you can't rotate things to make them fit (unless the world actually became rotated or something :P). Could someone confirm if there are official stuff that says aLttP's map was drawn with North upwards? It doesn't seem to be in the in-game map, I mean.
My signature is empty.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45:28 pm »
  • .越//
With "Impa's" do you mean Sheikahs? (sp?)
Impaz (the old woman) does say something about that her great-great-grand something founded the "Hidden Village". Impa founded Kakariko in OoT so maybe the Hidden Village is old Kakariko from OoT? Okay so then you are right Linky, aLttP is obviously after (and it's Kakariko is build later). (I wasn't at this part of the game at the time, I just got there :P)

I just noticed another thing. Is it possible that what is Death Mountain in TP was Zora's Domain in OoT? Relative to the Hidden Village (if it is Kakariko) and the castle and the woods it would be possible wouldn't it?

One thing that still bugs me is how the forest would later become the Eastern Palace area in aLttP. And also to that, if we assume aLttP's map also had north upwards you can't rotate things to make them fit (unless the world actually became rotated or something :P). Could someone confirm if there are official stuff that says aLttP's map was drawn with North upwards? It doesn't seem to be in the in-game map, I mean.

hidden village? well the ninja towns in naruto are "Hidden villages"  so since the shieka are a ninja like royal guard and have on the top the spirit temple or was it the shadow? well... aynway does that sound good with the hidden village

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:17 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
I just wanted to point something out: The Forbidden Woods is not the Lost Woods.  In TWW, it is stated by one of the Koroks that the Forbidden Woods used to be their home, meaning it used to be the Kokori Forest.  Personaly, I think that the first dungeon in TP is a part of the Forbidden Woods, and that the Sacred Grove(or most of it, anyway), is the Lost Woods.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:05 pm »
  • IBV
I just wanted to point something out: The Forbidden Woods is not the Lost Woods.  In TWW, it is stated by one of the Koroks that the Forbidden Woods used to be their home, meaning it used to be the Kokori Forest.  Personaly, I think that the first dungeon in TP is a part of the Forbidden Woods, and that the Sacred Grove(or most of it, anyway), is the Lost Woods.

Yeah, but I'm talking about two different woods at different corners of the world. The woods in aLttP are not the same as the ones in the other games.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
They aren't?  Possibly not.  In FSA, the forest that is around that same general area was known as the Forest of Light, if I recall correctly.

I don't think the Lost Woods are only exclusive to Hyrule, though.  I would rather think of it as a gate or portal between places, kind of like how Link got to Termina in MM.

EDIT: Sorry for all this rambling.  :P
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 12:00:09 am »
I figured out all the geography, all its secrets, except for MC and FS/A. You have to make a lot of assumptions. Though mine may be off now, because of TP.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
I figured out all the geography, all its secrets, except for MC and FS/A. You have to make a lot of assumptions. Though mine may be off now, because of TP.
Does all of this geography happen to include Zelda 1, 2 and/or 3?
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 11:25:29 pm »
3 is simple, because lttp is easily compared to WW or OoT. North Hyrule I have theories that have to do with PH, though that might be thrown off. Zelda one also matches up, dungeon six strangely matches up with OoT's Hyrule castle... But the barren kind of wasteland meets Gerudo Valley. That little puddle meets up with Lake Hylia. Yeah, just lay maps over other maps and you get some good theories.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 02:09:42 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
3 is simple, because lttp is easily compared to WW or OoT. North Hyrule I have theories that have to do with PH, though that might be thrown off. Zelda one also matches up, dungeon six strangely matches up with OoT's Hyrule castle... But the barren kind of wasteland meets Gerudo Valley. That little puddle meets up with Lake Hylia. Yeah, just lay maps over other maps and you get some good theories.
Just checking, allot of people seem to forget those games. Very impressive, and I thought I was one of only people here to notice the dungeon 6 thing. Now just imagine the Zelda 2 map in proportion to Twilight Princess. That would be either really good, or really bad.) ;D
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 06:55:13 am »
  • Shunner of Light
I never really gave a funk about LoZ's or AoL's maps, but in my LoZ parody fanfic, dungeon=6 was Dark Hyrule Castle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 75 queries.