Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pirates 3  (Read 3476 times)

Pirates 3
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:29:22 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Okay, so I can't for the life of me seem to find a topic for this, and I'm wondering why the freak not... did I just miss it?

Okay, so I just saw it today.  It was better than the second movie... not that great though.

It was okay.  You could tell that they want to make a number 4, but if you stay until after the ending credits, they give you enough closure so that if they don't, it'll be "satisfying enough".

Way too freakin' long though, and way too much money spent on a movie with really... weak action sequences.  Preview this before you show it to the kiddies... it might carry the Disney title, but it's not exactly deserving of it (that being said, it's not a "hard" PG-13 rated movie... just more than you'd expect from Disney).
Re: Pirates 3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:10:53 am »
  • =/
 I found the movie really good actually, probaly the first movie that I had a smile on my face ALL the way through. My one complaint is the amount of actors just sitting around... Keith Richards, who I expected a pretty good performance out of, just sat and talked.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:57:12 am »
Yes, best Disney film ever. BEST. I enjoyed it, had ALOT of funny parts. I recommend you see it if you haven't.
the a o d c
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:11:25 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
they didn't show what mark jack made on becket which i really wanted to see because it left you hanging in potc2.  also, they didn't fully explain the curse of davy jones.  they didn't explain that if calypso had been there after the ten years, his curse would have been lifted.  that's why the after credits thing was will coming back and elizabeth actually being there.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 04:19:15 am »
  • علي
I liked the movie, it had a really good story but it seemed shorter than the others
علي
  • alirazaq.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:27:50 am »
Wait, wait, wait!  I didn't sit through the credits.  What happened?
I liked it.  I'm not sure how it compares to the second, but I liked the first one the most.  AoDC is right; there are a lot of genuinely funny (in a clever way) parts.
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 08:40:35 am »
I liked it.  I'm not sure how it compares to the second, but I liked the first one the most.  AoDC is right; there are a lot of genuinely funny (in a clever way) parts.
Fernado's right; what happened after the credits!?
the a o d c
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:58:10 am »
  • alastair
A Pirates 4 was never planned and most likely will remain that way.
  • alastair
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:31:39 am »
  • *whistle*
A Pirates 4 was never planned and most likely will remain that way.

It's been confirmed that a Pirates 4 is actually entirely possible, and may actually happen. The film does seem to set itself up for a fourth one, not to mention the huuuuuge commercial incentive for them to do so.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:34:55 pm »
Fernado's right; what happened after the credits!?
it shows elizabeth and her son walking up to a shore.  a green flash is shown and then you see will sailing towards them.
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 05:36:45 pm »
You can also see crappy cam versions of it on youtube

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:00:31 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Gah, I hated it. Well, most of it. I enjoyed the Davy Jones' Locker sequence (although it could have been done a little better), I loved the last 30 minutes of pure Pirates action, and I thought the inclusion of Keith Richards was pretty cool (oh and Geoffrey Rush was a pretty good actor too) but the movie itself was just horrid. All of the way through the middle there was muddled up and unclear information, there was really no character development at all and the movie itself was just difficult to follow. It just had poor structure compared to the Dead Man's Chest and the original. It didn't feel like a Pirates movie, it just felt like Disney trying to have a Return of the Jedi or a Return of the King to call their own. It really didn't work for me.

But I still liked some parts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:02:46 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:15:38 pm »
I saw the movie yesterday and I liked it! the action scene's where really good although I still find the first potc the best.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 03:14:11 am »
  • b e p i s
I really enjoyed it. The middle dragged, but the action scenes were better paced/choreographed and were less confusing than those in PotC 2. Also, <3 Davey Jones' Locker.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 04:53:19 am »
my peanut.

actually, it didn't seem like he was tortured all that much except for his precious pearl being stranded on land.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 08:57:49 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
People need to stop watching it as a serious movie. Watch it as one of them and it obviously won't make that much sense. It's a comedy, watch it as one, and you will enjoy it a lot more ;)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 03:19:41 am »

had to.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 03:31:56 am »
People need to stop watching it as a serious movie. Watch it as one of them and it obviously won't make that much sense. It's a comedy, watch it as one, and you will enjoy it a lot more ;)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. It had some good humor, and Johnny Depp has an indescribable charisma as Jack Sparrow. I thought it was extremely entertaining, but as a movie I felt it had several flaws that didn't make it as satisfying as it could have been.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:02 am »

had to.

i lol'd. the last panel is hilarious.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 01:17:45 pm »
I saw it yesterday. It wasnt THAT good, way too much stuff happened, bad connection to the second film, the stupid Will Turner !@#$%. I dunno. Davey Jones was suddenly enslaved etc.

I liked the first and second better.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 74 queries.