Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Hawk Down  (Read 621 times)

Black Hawk Down
« on: July 17, 2006, 11:41:12 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Yeah, I just bought the new "extended" cut (it has like... 15 minutes of added stuff-- not too impressive), and watchede it and it was good.  Unfortunately it doesn't have a DTS track (you'll have to buy the stupid "Superbit" version for that), but it has a nice picture quality with a few shots where it was washed out enough for there to be detail reduction... but it still looks awesome on that 60 inch HD TV.

Anyway, I heard that Ridley was anti-war, so my question is why he'd do a movie based on the book that's clearly trying to get across the message of "support the troops unless you're a souless, heartless demon", unless he's one of those anti-war liberals that supports the troops <_<

Then again, I'm not sure how reliable my source is, because they said that Kingdom of Heaven was anti-war, and made to be an attack on the current Iraqi war... and I'm not so convinced of that.

Anyhow, good film: you ought to see it sometime.

Pyru

Re: Black Hawk Down
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 11:45:40 pm »
BHD wasn't really about the war, neccesarily, or whether or not the war was right. Just, y'know, heroism'n'stuff?

I guess. I might be wrong. Not THAT political a film, I thought. Then again, haven't seen it in ages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 41 queries.

anything