Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Talladega Nights  (Read 2845 times)

Talladega Nights
« on: August 04, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I saw this last night.  It was dumb.  It had a couple funny parts, but too many "gay gags" and it made me a bit uncomfortable, and wasn't funny.

1/2 star
Re: Talladega Nights
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:41:26 pm »
  • n___n
What do you mean by Gay Gags? It looks like a hilarious movie!
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:24:13 pm »
I mean, that if you think men kissing other men is funny, then this movie is hilarious, as 50% of the jokes rely of the viewer thinking that's funny.

EDIT: But two really funny parts was the scene where he's doing all sorts of commercials, and the scene right after he thinks he paralyzed (okay, I guess saying grace was amusing... but most of the gags in that were given away).

Other than that, all the jokes were in the commercials.  I wouldn't pay money to see about 2 1/2 minutes of funny that you can't see in the commercial.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 09:28:10 pm by 2awesome4apossum »

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:51:39 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I mean, that if you think men kissing other men is funny, then this movie is hilarious, as 50% of the jokes rely of the viewer thinking that's funny.

EDIT: But two really funny parts was the scene where he's doing all sorts of commercials, and the scene right after he thinks he paralyzed (okay, I guess saying grace was amusing... but most of the gags in that were given away).

Other than that, all the jokes were in the commercials.  I wouldn't pay money to see about 2 1/2 minutes of funny that you can't see in the commercial.

Everything in there was true. I was expecting will ferrel to be his usual funny self, but this movie was really stupid, and I don't recommend it
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 12:43:51 am »
  • Your expression has changed too

Everything in there was true. I was expecting will ferrel to be his usual funny self, but this movie was really stupid, and I don't recommend it
You told me you weren't going to see it.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 01:12:46 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I ended up seeing it, sue me.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Limey

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 09:43:05 pm »
*sues pedlya*

It looks horrible, not appealing to me at all.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 11:50:37 pm »
  • Why am I so indisicive?
well, I've been exsposed to the heinous NASCAR culture, therefor I'll probably find it funny 'cause it's true. LOL
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

Soy un perdedor. I???m a loser baby, so why don???t you kill me?

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 12:42:20 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Looking at the commercials it seemed to me that the funniest parts were on the commercials and the show wouldn't be that good. I'm just sorry I was right (according to you). I wanted to see it because I think Will Ferrell is hilarious. He's 'da man!

Hes funny it about two movies, thats about it. Old school (love dat moveh) and Anchorman.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 05:31:57 am »
  • b e p i s
Maybe it's because I live in the hotbed of retard NASCAR culture, but this movie almost had me crying I was laughing so hard. I could really appreciate the subtleties the filmmakers put in to satirizing areas like the one where I live.

Also, I didn't find the gay jokes stupid; as a matter of fact, they seemed to be more of a satirical sense to me. In addition I loved how the movie made fun of both American and European elitists equally. Great stuff, I loved it.

And there ARE some jokes in the movie not in the trailer. Some hilarious ones, actually.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 04:31:59 pm »
Men kissing men isn't funny.  And that was the whole gag for like... 20 of the gay jokes.

EDIT: IMO.

tippz

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:21 am »
*just got back from show* 20 gay jokes? There are like 5 tops. The movie is hilarious, I would recommed it. Also, except for the last one all the gay jokes are funny.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 04:21:52 pm »
5 tops?  We have the Frenchman grabbing his husband's butt, we have them kissing, we have the picture of them kissing, we have the husband's slur, we have the Frenchman kissing Will Ferrell at the end.  Now for the more subtle things: when the Frenchman asks Ferrell to kiss him on the lips, when they all freak out when the frenchman says "husband".

I could keep going on, but I don't find any of them funny at all.

Limey

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 02:22:01 am »
BTW I probably wouldn't find it funny because I've never watched nascar in my life.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 02:33:04 am »
  • Why am I so indisicive?
BTW I probably wouldn't find it funny because I've never watched nascar in my life.

count your self very lucky.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

Soy un perdedor. I???m a loser baby, so why don???t you kill me?

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 03:49:27 am »
Was it at all like Anchorman? My friends said it was funny.

tippz

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 06:13:12 pm »
5 tops?  We have the Frenchman grabbing his husband's butt, we have them kissing, we have the picture of them kissing, we have the husband's slur, we have the Frenchman kissing Will Ferrell at the end.  Now for the more subtle things: when the Frenchman asks Ferrell to kiss him on the lips, when they all freak out when the frenchman says "husband".

I could keep going on, but I don't find any of them funny at all.

Just because they were gay doesn't mean every gay action was a gay joke. That is like saying the scene in the bar was the biggest joke of the movie. It wasn't, just as not every gay action was a joke.

We have the Frenchman grabbing his husband's butt
I'll give it too you, one.

we have the husband's slur
two

we have the Frenchman kissing Will Ferrell at the end
three

when the Frenchman asks Ferrell to kiss him on the lips
iffy, but four

when they all freak out when the frenchman says "husband"
and five...

you've found 5 gay jokes and a couple gay actions, congrats!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 06:57:22 pm »
The gay actions weren't meant to be funny?  You've missed one of the most "memorable jokes", when the Frenchmen used his race car to draw a picture of him and his husband kissing.  That's a joke: like it or not.  Which brings us to 6.  So you can keep your claims, but as far as I'm concerned: when homosexuality is shown with such absurdity, it's either meant to be hateful or funny.  I just chose the latter.  (Again, I could keep going... I'll do it if you need me to.)

tippz

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 12:22:45 am »
That is still only six (both of us exaggerated a bit, some a little and some a lot...) and in reference to Ricky Bobby's "I'm number one" in the grass the picture was funny.

My point was that the film does not rely on gay jokes as  you would have us believe. Moreover, most of the gay jokes have nothing to do with men kissing as you told us.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 12:39:15 am »
Moreover, most of the gay jokes have nothing to do with men kissing as you told us.
Um... we have Ferrell kissing Frenchy.  We have Frenchy make a grass picture of him kissing Mr. Slur.  We have Frenchy asking Ferrell for a kiss earlier on into the movie... etc...

...point is exaggeration doesn't matter all that much... it just helps get the point across ^_^
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 77 queries.