Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: World Trade Center  (Read 4653 times)

World Trade Center
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:01:08 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Nicolas Cage in... WORLD TRADE CENTER: comes out August 9, 2006 at a theatre near you.

Which is tomorrow!  So I'm going to see it tonight, and it looks fantastic.  I will be writing an analysis on this movie (which... no... not quite a review), and I'll be giving you all a summarized "review" (meaning maybe a paragraph) with a star rating on how I felt about the movie.

It looks so good.
Re: World Trade Center
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:04:03 am »
  • srsly, <3
i personally dont like the idea of the media making this event into a major motion picture. a profit from such a horrific event.

as for the actual movie, it doesn't look that good. i look forward to your review.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:06:53 am by MadMonkey »
avvy made by: TheBlackMarket
  • my site
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:15:09 am »
i personally dont like the idea of the media making this event into a major motion picture. a profit from such a horrific event.
Well... what about Pearl Harbor and all the other war movies out there?

Personally not only am I okay with it, but I love the spin that they put on it: they focus on the heroism of the firefighters.  The tagline is "The world saw evil that day, two men saw something else."  United 93 focused on the heroism of those on the airplane (although I never saw that, so I won't back that statement up... I'll watch it when it comes to DVD).

What I *am* worried about is Oliver Stone's movie about 9/11.  It's either gonna be: it was aliens, or: it was President Bush (although the latter has already been done by Michael Moore).
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:32:52 am »
Oh my gosh... THIS is the 9/11 movie directed by Oliver Stone!

* 2awesome4apossum scurries away.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:34:02 am »
  • b e p i s
I think it looks decent, but I'm worried it'll become too wrapped up in the "bonding" moments and overly saturate the patriotic angle it probably takes.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 12:37:38 am »
I think it looks decent, but I'm worried it'll become too wrapped up in the "bonding" moments and overly saturate the patriotic angle it probably takes.
I love patriotic angles!  What's wrong with them?  But I suddenly became worried as I found out the news about Oliver Stone.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 12:42:12 am »
  • Why am I so indisicive?
There's not a disaster out ther that hollywood won't try to profit from...genocide, war, racism, earthquakes, fire.

The thing is, some of them make you think, and are actually trying to better the perception of the event (like Schindler's List for example). But, unfortunatly, this movie will probably not fall under that catagory.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

Soy un perdedor. I???m a loser baby, so why don???t you kill me?

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 12:51:42 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
My mom says "Its way to early for this" when thinking of the movie, I tend to agree. People with families that died in this horrible disaster havent coped with it yet, it hasnt even been 5 years. Also I would say this is trying to get money from something, which is very !@#$% up and nicholas cage angers me.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Limey

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 12:57:59 am »
I don't like Nicholas Cage's nose, so I don't plan on watching this movie.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 01:02:46 am »
  • b e p i s
I love patriotic angles!  What's wrong with them?  But I suddenly became worried as I found out the news about Oliver Stone.

Oh don't get me wrong, patriotism can be great, I just don't want it to be overly done. Basically, do it in a classy fashion, not in a "God Bless America" glitter bumper sticker fashion.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 01:06:09 am »
I don't like Nicholas Cage's nose, so I don't plan on watching this movie.

haha, so true.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 01:12:51 am »
My mom says "Its way to early for this" when thinking of the movie, I tend to agree. People with families that died in this horrible disaster havent coped with it yet, it hasnt even been 5 years. Also I would say this is trying to get money from something, which is very funked up and nicholas cage angers me.

I agree.  Pearl Harbor was over half a century ago.  It gave an opritunity for newer generations to learn a tragedy of America.  9/11 wasn't even a decade ago, for some it still feels like a yesterday no one wants to remember.
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 01:14:45 am »
My mom says "Its way to early for this" when thinking of the movie, I tend to agree. People with families that died in this horrible disaster havent coped with it yet, it hasnt even been 5 years. Also I would say this is trying to get money from something, which is very funked up and nicholas cage angers me.

I agree.  Pearl Harbor was over half a century ago.  It gave an opritunity for newer generations to learn a tragedy of America.  9/11 wasn't even a decade ago, for some it still feels like a yesterday no one wants to remember.

Apocolypse Now was about Vietnam, and it was made in the 70's (methinks). Excelent movie, so the time factor has nothing to do with it. It's the quality you should worry about.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant

tippz

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 05:02:35 am »
My mom says "Its way to early for this" when thinking of the movie, I tend to agree. People with families that died in this horrible disaster havent coped with it yet, it hasnt even been 5 years.

concur'd

I definitely think it is way, way too soon for this movie. I mean, attacks on a nation itself always have a greater impact than those elsewhere so even a movie about Vietnam soon after Vietnam, it isn't the same.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 04:20:39 pm »
Yeah, how DARE we treat soldiers as good as the rest of us American humans!  I bet they totally didn't mind going to the theatre to see Apocalypse Now, especially when they survived through the Vietnam War.

We are so much more valuable than soldiers, and a story of heroism like this clearly shouldn't be told.  Just like we shouldn't revisit 9/11 EVER EVER EVER!  It sickens me when they replay those videos on the news.  It sickens me every time I hear an almost untold story of heroism if it has ANYTHING to do with 9/11.  If it's too soon now, it'll be too soon 15 years from now.

Someone uncomfortable with watching an untold story of heroism by firefighters?  They don't have to see it, and besides.. I doubt victims of 9/11 will be any more comfortable with 9/11 movies 35 years from now.  Besides, if the pain is still "too near", and they're still crying over their lost loved ones, then they're not going to see this anyway.

I don't understand why on earth you'd want to prevent a movie like this from being made.

Also: the review may be posted on Frider Waves... I guess I'll just have to talk to imfletcher before then... until then: my lips are sealed.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 04:31:31 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Wow, I hope this movie is as good as United 93, which was great! Heck, I'm gonna watch WTC once it comes out here in France. Don't get me wrong, U93 was great because it showed all the aspects of the terrorist attack, when the terrorist pilots find out that WTC was taken down, how the passengers called their families... I must say, I got out of the cinema extremely sad, I couldn't stop thinking of the passengers being trapped on a suicide plane.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 05:28:15 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
I hope this is good, I think Nicolas Cage was good in Lord of War, which put a really important point across about the gun trade and the government, I don't think 9/11 will necessarily be something patriotic to make America look great and the middle east look evil, it might be a bit provocative, but a lot of these movies addressing modern issues are, they're not to make people look honourable, thats what movies decades away will do, like pearl harbour, a love story that was seperated by those damn evil Japanese... (Actually I didn't watch all of it, because I got bored) But I doubt it would say anything to dishonour those who have suffered.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 07:50:46 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Well I come into this topic with no real strong feelings, I just treat the movie as what it is, a movie - and hope it's a good movie. Although this movie is based on a terrible event, it's still just a movie - IMO, anyway.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 12:55:16 am »
I believe 9/11 was an inside job. I believe, with supported evidence, that the 2 towers were brought down by thermite charges, aka explosive devices, planted on or near the structural steel (supports) of the building.
It is not a theory, it is proven by eye witnesses and media they explosive devices were going off in the building. Basement floors to the tip top. A lot in the stair wells too. People heard, felt, or saw explosions. So they must be present in the movie to be accurate. If the movie is not accurate, it is bad.
So I hope that the movie acknowledges explosives going off in the building just before and during the collapse.

there was a bomb in the basment of one of the buildings. However, it was not during the 9/11 attacks.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 12:59:56 am »
I'm not talking about the year 1993.

your more paranoid then I am. Seriously, that's not a good thing.
Meghan <3 Lederhosen!

<('.'<)<)<)<)<)
  • deviant
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 74 queries.