Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: oot 3ds footage  (Read 7652 times)

Re: oot 3ds footage
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 09:08:42 am »
Okay, I know that OOT was released for sale once for the N64 as an original title and once for the Virtual Console which is the re-release. What are the other two re-releases. And don't say the for the Gamecube, because both disc's containing OOT were freebees with original Gamecube games TWW and Mario Kart DD/Mario Party 8(?)/1080 Avalanche.

Oh yeah, emulators for the PC really suck. It never beats playing the original on the N64. :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 09:10:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The sad thing is that so many people are going to buy this, as OOT has been re-released over three times. I'll admit it looks cool, but it seems more like an excellent idea for nintendo to make easy money. Nintendo should make something new and interesting, not just repeated remakes of a game released 12 years ago. Sure, they've made other games in between like TP, WW and minish cap, but IMO those ones are the only good games since majora's mask. I'm looking forward to skyward sword, as it looks like it has interesting graphics and gameplay. And I'd much rather have project 64 on my computer than have a whole new game system to play an old video game.

There's a difference between a "Lazy Port" and what this is Brutus.

The things you're referring to are just that; "re-releases". This is a remake by all accounts.

And yes; it's an "excuse for Nintendo to make money". Anything released by a major company that puts money into their projects expect at least that in return.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:36:50 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 07:44:47 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
don't say the for the Gamecube, because both disc's containing OOT were freebees with original Gamecube games TWW and Mario Kart DD/Mario Party 8(?)/1080 Avalanche.

But I had to pay for them.  (`ο´)ノ

As a matter of fact (or a matter of opinion), Nintendo SHOULD have sold those two Zelda Gamecube discs, because the only way to get a hold of them (if you didn't get them during the promotion) is through ebay, secondhand shops, etc.  I was lucky enough to find both of them at Gamestops near where I live.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 09:46:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
don't say the for the Gamecube, because both disc's containing OOT were freebees with original Gamecube games TWW and Mario Kart DD/Mario Party 8(?)/1080 Avalanche.

BHwahahaha sucks to be you >;3 I jumped right on that !@#$% with Nintendo Power and WW

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Are you guys talking about the master quest disc? I bought it for $5 :D
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »
Oh yeah, emulators for the PC really suck. It never beats playing the original on the N64. :P
As long you use an accurate emulator with a powerful enough PC, there's virtually no difference except a bit of input lag.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 10:42:04 pm »
I got the Master Quest disc as a free bonus to Wind Waker and I got the Collector's Disc as a free bonus when I registered the stars for MKDD and 1080 Avalanche.

As long you use an accurate emulator with a powerful enough PC, there's virtually no difference except a bit of input lag.
And the lack of an N64 and N64 controller. An emulator will just never match up to the real deal.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
And the lack of an N64 and N64 controller. An emulator will just never match up to the real deal.

The N64 controller isn't very good in my opinion... I'd rather use a usb gamepad and an emulator.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »

As a matter of fact (or a matter of opinion), Nintendo SHOULD have sold those two Zelda Gamecube discs, because the only way to get a hold of them (if you didn't get them during the promotion) is through ebay, secondhand shops, etc.  I was lucky enough to find both of them at Gamestops near where I live.
Best part is, the cases for those two say "Not for Resale" right on them. But walk into a Gamestop, and there they are. I chuckle every time.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 11:44:00 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Are you guys talking about the master quest disc? I bought it for $5 :D

Yes, that and the Collector's Disc which includes OOT, MM, Z1, and Z2.  I can't remember what I spent on them.  Probably around $15 each.

You can use any PC controller, many of which are better than an N64 controller.  Or there's even USB adapters to use the actual N64 controller.  I have one of those. 

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 01:47:56 am »
I have a usb n64 controller that I bought for $5 and a pretty fast computer, so it project 64 works well for me but i'd still rather play on a gamecube or a real n64

ps do any of you guys think there might be a super smash bros game for the 3ds?
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 01:53:55 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have a usb n64 controller that I bought for $5 and a pretty fast computer, so it project 64 works well for me but i'd still rather play on a gamecube or a real n64

Well, the gamecube releases are buggy (MM is damn near unplayable; saving locks up the game regularly for me and corrupts the files). But I'm having issues seeing your point from before when you bring up playing it on the GCN. You might as well play it on the 3ds too then with better graphics and more content.

ps do any of you guys think there might be a super smash bros game for the 3ds?

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 02:55:03 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I think MM is the only game that was buggy.  You can play OOT on Gamecube with no problems.

In MM I never had problems with saves getting corrupt like you said Mammy, but the game would randomly freeze sometimes.  The worst time I can remember is after I beat the Snowhead Temple, got approved to use Powder Kegs, got the Gold Dust, and got the Gilded Sword; then I went back to Clock Town—because I always deposit my rupees before going back in time—and the game froze there.  I'm pretty sure I quit playing after that.  Because of MM's horrible saving system, it's actually preferable to play on an emulator because you get savestates.  >:3

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 02:58:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah emulators are the only way I can tolerate the game :(

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 02:22:53 am »
  • The Mike
Ocarina of Time runs perfectly on the Collector's Edition disk. The only issues I noticed with Majora's Mask were some frame rate issues and freezing. The only time I had freezing was if I was a Goron in Snowhead or a Zora in Pirate's Fortress. The only time I bought OoT was on Virtual Console, as I got the N64 version for a birthday and got the CE version with my Gamecube. Playing Zelda on consoles is the best way to play. It's been decided. Yes.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 02:57:40 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
B-B-BUT WITH EMULATORS YOU GET HI-RES GRAPHIX MODS!  /cruisecontrol
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 03:19:45 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
B-B-BUT WITH EMULATORS YOU GET HI-RES GRAPHIX MODS!  /cruisecontrol
I got Nintendo 64 emulator just for Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time.

I had real N64 Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask year ago, but then I sold them with my Nintendo 64 to buy Nintendo DSi :|
Later I sold that too, because it wasn't that great . Now I miss my OoT and MM :'(

3DS looks darn good, and when I buy that, I'll buy OoT3D too. And I am hoping for MM3D.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 03:21:10 am »
Playing Zelda on consoles is the best way to play. It's been decided. Yes.
Any version of OoT or MM you have that's not on the Nintendo 64 is on an emulator. The freezing issues of Majora's Mask on the Gamecube were caused by emulation errors.

Assuming you mean any way of playing games in front of a TV, then yes, I agree. But that's not exclusive to consoles, as PCs can be hooked up to TVs too.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 03:40:04 am »
  • The Mike
Any version of OoT or MM you have that's not on the Nintendo 64 is on an emulator. The freezing issues of Majora's Mask on the Gamecube were caused by emulation errors.

Assuming you mean any way of playing games in front of a TV, then yes, I agree. But that's not exclusive to consoles, as PCs can be hooked up to TVs too.
Clearly I'm fully aware of that. It just feels normal and actually fun to play with a console. I only find an emulator useful for getting screenshots. It really helps for Majora's Mask content on my site.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 04:14:21 am »

Clearly I'm fully aware of that.
If it was clear, I wouldn't have commented. But now I understand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 78 queries.