Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Forest Maze  (Read 14478 times)

Re: [Submission] Forest Maze
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »
  • It's the grineer
The little skulls means enemies; the little rectangles means chest with rupees.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:42:15 pm by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Alright, this looks ok.  Before I say anything else, could you do two more things?

1. Post a thread with a design of the area AFTER this maze vanishes
2. Post details on any sidequests that are related to this area afterwards.  I think you said you wanted to make one for it, so go for it! :D

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 03:50:36 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Alright, this looks ok.  Before I say anything else, could you do two more things?

1. Post a thread with a design of the area AFTER this maze vanishes
2. Post details on any sidequests that are related to this area afterwards.  I think you said you wanted to make one for it, so go for it! :D

So, I make another map, with an open grassland area? And then I make a side-quest topic related about what I wanted to do?
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »
yessir!  It's a grassland, so it shouldn't take much effort, but it'll help us visualize what should be there :)

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 03:54:08 pm »
  • It's the grineer
'Kay. I'll upload the drawing in half an hour, or a bit more. My sister is using the PC with the scanner, so I can't upload the map yet.

EDIT: here is how it looks after completing the Forest Temple.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:21:42 pm by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Uploaded the photo.
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »
ermm...not exactly what I had in mind...if I wanted that, I wouldn't have had to ask...

This area has to be more than just a dead field, especially considering your side quest.  Can you show how this would look when populated and such?

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »
  • It's the grineer
ermm...not exactly what I had in mind...if I wanted that, I wouldn't have had to ask...

This area has to be more than just a dead field, especially considering your side quest.  Can you show how this would look when populated and such?

Sorry, I misunderstood XD. I'm too tired to draw again, so I'll work it on computer. I'll upload it when I finish.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Here it is the 4 phases of the Maze.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »
  • It's the grineer
So, what's with this, MG? Is approved or you're waiting for someone else to approve?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »
I approve of the maze, but I don't know what I think of the town layout yet.  Waiting for other comments.

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:17 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
tight butthole, I kind of dislike the idea of the town, so I'm going to stear clear of it so I don't accidentally make any rude comments or vague responses.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:14:27 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I approve of the maze, but I don't know what I think of the town layout yet.  Waiting for other comments.

Well, the layout can be totally changed. I don't care how the houses and all that are organized.
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 05:34:05 pm »
The Lost Woods the only thing that they have is about the sound you must hear to get to the place. It's not that hard. I can make it bigger, it was a quick skectch.
I know this is a bit late, but I didn't notic it sooner. The Lost Woods in ALttP was the kind of woods that you are suggesting.

The foret maze is interesting and definitely a keeper, however what comes after I am afraid is not. The forest maze is either in the swamp or the forest, making it a grassland kind of diminishes the swamp or forest area it is in. It is a swamp connecting to the forest in the GDD.

The giant Link statue kinda goes against the character of Link. To me Link is always a person that would help someone without the need for global recognition. The stage at the top of the map is also blocking the path towards Kokiri Forest, unless Kokiri Forest's layout changes as well. Finally the map with all the houses on it seems smaller then the maze was to me.
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 05:55:10 pm »
Perhaps replacing it with more of a marsh would be more appropriate?  Swamps and marshes typically can go together.  But the town idea I think would need to be changed.  Can you come up with another side quest?

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 12:04:34 am »
  • It's the grineer
Perhaps replacing it with more of a marsh would be more appropriate?  Swamps and marshes typically can go together.  But the town idea I think would need to be changed.  Can you come up with another side quest?

I guess that here can be some mini-games, sidequests, and all that. I mean, people with which you talk, and they begin side-´quests
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 02:07:54 am »
  • It's just Max.
There's also the option of having it not magically transform so violently, right? I mean, we've seen this in zelda games with ALTTP's Lost Woods, and the Deku Swamp from Majora's mask, where they kind of transformed, but really they just became easier to traverse. Still the same basic layout, but obstacles such as poison, fog, enemies, whatever went away, and friendly NPCs came in. Not necessarily a whole town full of them.

Perhaps we have a maze-like, foggy marsh that is difficult to traverse and full of enemies, and is so maze like that it's like the lost woods in OoT where you can get teleported out by being lost. But after beating the forest temple, becomes more stable, the fog lifts, and a few fishermen move in or something smaller than a whole town?

That's just an idea, and my opinion.
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 12:28:28 pm »
  • It's the grineer
There's also the option of having it not magically transform so violently, right? I mean, we've seen this in zelda games with ALTTP's Lost Woods, and the Deku Swamp from Majora's mask, where they kind of transformed, but really they just became easier to traverse. Still the same basic layout, but obstacles such as poison, fog, enemies, whatever went away, and friendly NPCs came in. Not necessarily a whole town full of them.

Perhaps we have a maze-like, foggy marsh that is difficult to traverse and full of enemies, and is so maze like that it's like the lost woods in OoT where you can get teleported out by being lost. But after beating the forest temple, becomes more stable, the fog lifts, and a few fishermen move in or something smaller than a whole town?

That's just an idea, and my opinion.

I like this. I'll try to sketch a new layout with your feedback. Thanks Max ;)!
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:28 am »
Sorry I'm late been busy. =P

I like the maze layout! I've never really been good at designing them but yours seems to be good. Also I like Max's idea! I think it'll be great if you added it in. =) The village idea is nice, but it seems a little strange. =P Good luck with anything you're still planning! =D
    ~ Shane
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 01:25:17 pm »
  • It's the grineer
This post has been kind of forgotten, right? Well, I decided to do what Max said. I'm leaving the file attached for anyone who wants to see it. The blue thing is a river, and, at the beginning just a river. After beating the second temple, a deku with a boat will appear, and will offer Link to take him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 73 queries.

anything